It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help - anyone here edited a book before and had it published?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am needing help with a book project. Has anyone ever edited or even written a book before and had it published?

I have spent a few years writing a book, which is a true story based on real lives.

I had hired someone to do some rewrites and editing a few months ago, but they have not done anything with it.

It really is a good story (I know all authors think that about their work). I am not a natural writer, but I also believe in this story, because it is very unique.

I would like to find someone who could work with me on it.

The story, is hilarious, serious, has death, sex, drugs and even rock and roll in it. It has life and death situations along with many other emotional situations. It basically reads as fiction, but is all true.

Also, anybody who has publisher contacts.... jeez would love that too.

Also would work out the ways of working together in an agreement.

The premise is about a family, who sold everything they owned to do something none of them had ever done before. After moving out of the country and starting their new lives, within 2 weeks the father abandoned the rest of the family (mother and 4 girls). The rest of the family had no idea about what to do in their new life as they had been following the father's dream.

The story goes through many twists and turns along with being hilarious, especially in the beginning and turning serious as life and death situations happened, including the father coming back attempting to kill the mother twice (possibly the whole family during one event), besides many other situations.

There is a lot more to the story, than what is above, the story is a time frame of approximately 4 years. I will be happy to share more information with someone who could work with me, etc.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If you can hold off for a week or so, I will gladly work with you. I've never edited, I've written but never been published and I have, actually, co-published a book (ATS book). I'm an avid reader with good contacts which is, really, all you need.

join