It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama tilting towards Arab world & against Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Today, the following news stories are being reported:
www.salon.com...

President Obama bows to Saudi King Abdullah during the G-20 summit

www.breitbart.com...

Biden: New Israel would be 'ill-advised' to attack Iran

/etn/news_content.php?id=914209〈=eng_news

Obama visits mosque in outreach to Muslims

www.etaiwannews.com...

Obama praises Islam, calls for Mideast peace

uk.reuters.com...

The United States, he said, "is not and never will be at war with Islam" and that " America's relationship cannot and will not be based on opposition to Al Qaeda." That had to to resonate from Morocco on the Atlantic to Indonesia on the Java Sea. He drew generous applause by reminding Turkey's politicians, its president, prime minister as well as its generals and admirals in the audience that "the United States has been enriched by its Muslim Americans" and that "many other Americans have Muslims in their families or they have lived in a Muslim majority country. I know," he said, "because I am one of them."

Now, there is nothing wrong with trying to establish peace between Israel and the Arab nations. However, is Obama now tilting in favor of the Arab nations? What do you think.

Personally, I don't know what to make of what looks like a very confusing set of signals being sent by Obama. It seems like he is saying different things to each side, much as he did during the campaign, when he made his "white people clinging to their religion and guns remarks" in San Francisco, hoping such people wouldn't hear his remarks.

I have to believe though, that Israel is viewing these events with great trepidation.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You make it sound like dropping Israel would be bad for the U.S. I think the child has grown enough to support itself.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

You make it sound like dropping Israel would be bad for the U.S. I think the child has grown enough to support itself.

I made no such claim. In fact, I believe that we have been too one-sided in Israel's favor. I just wonder what Israel and all of their backers are thinking of this turn of events.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I don't think he's trying to harm our relationship with Israel, just improve our relationship with the Arab nations. You probably realize they don't view us in too high esteem due to our actions in Iraq and our no-questions-asked relationship with Israel in the past.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I was just about to edit to change what I typed after re-reading your OP. I'll just apologize instead.

Anyways. I have nothing against Israel (or muslims). I just have this crazy thought that working towards a more neutral approach in the ME would benefit us in the long run.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

You probably realize they don't view us in too high esteem due to our actions in Iraq and our no-questions-asked relationship with Israel in the past.

Yes, having lived with and among Arabs in the Middle East, I am very aware of their concern over the US one-sided backing of Israel.
As an American, I am very concerned about the one-sided backing of Israel by the US.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Um........well. Obama did visit a Christian church in Turkey. I read this story and said, well, good. He is spreading his oneness around. Then I read further and read that the church had eventually be taken under control of Muslims, years ago, but they left some of the original paintings remain in the church. And now it's a museum. But didn't read about Obama visiting a synagogue. Are there any in Turkey? I don't know. I find it interesting that my friends in Israel believe Obama will be good to them. I have doubts that he will continue some of the aid and support that the Republicans gift to Israel. I doubt that his policies will lean completely in their favor. I think he will tilt a bit towards the Arab world and my Israeli friends might even like this, since they are not all that happy with the way their government addresses the Palestinians and other Arabs. But whenever the SHTF in Israel, my friends will realize that the people of the countries that surround them will not take the time to ask them their political and social opinions. They will just be considerered evil Jew pigs and dogs. Anyway, I don't see anything good coming from Obama, just like I saw not good coming from GWB. It's a mess over there and those folks need to sort it out themselves. But I do think Obama will tilt the axis and the Arabs will be emboldened and ................. I pray for my good friends' survival.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Yes, having lived with and among Arabs in the Middle East, I am very aware of their concern over the US one-sided backing of Israel.
As an American, I am very concerned about the one-sided backing of Israel by the US.

Well then, I suppose that the separation or lean towards the Arabs suits you ecstatically, huh? Any rate, you should be aware that all that all Team Obama is doing is riding the fence, so to speak. From my perspective, Team Obama is in appeasement mode, attempting to placate the world. Unfortunately, as he will or has already found out, that is not going to happen. I mean geez, genocide is just that: genocide; to not call it what it is may be part of that attempt to placate, but it is not going to placate everyone...ask the Armenians.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I am suspicious. Ultimately I believe the New World Order wants a massive war between Islam and Christians over the fate of Israel.

There is just one little problem, the Muslims aren’t as keen on that idea as pro-Israeli Christians seem to be.

In fact except for some very economically poor and desperate outcasts funded and organized more often than not by Western Intelligence Agencies into relatively ineffectual and then over advertized terrorist organizations the only people in the Muslim world who are really fighting the continued existence of Israel are the Palestinians who had their land stolen to create Israel.

Something ultimately has to be done to embolden more Muslim nations to make this scenario possible. While you see Western Christian sentiments daily of lets attack Iran, lets broaden the war in Pakistan etc, etc, you really don’t see the majority in the Muslim world sayings lets attack Israel lets attack the United States. Think it maybe, we sure can mess up a good neighborhood, realistically want to do it to where they are constantly beating war drums? No, and that is why I am suspect of Obama’s diplomacy.

He does spread dual messages and it’s clear from his stuttering impromptu remarks and his failed and incomplete pieces of unsponsored legislation crafted during his brief Senatorial career that he is only seemingly brilliant and charismatic when his lips are loaded with black and white texts others have prepared for him.

I think he very well might pretend with Muslim nations that he won’t come to the aid of Israel, while Israel plans and then carries out some provocation to tempt the embolden Muslim nations, and then Obama will use that response as a pretext to bow to the majority of an outraged ‘Christian’ nation to rush to Israel’s defense.

I think it behooves people who don’t want the drudgery and unpleasantly of trying to make a living while Armageddon is going on for the Islamic world to keep rejecting these very possible false overtures.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

He does spread dual messages and it’s clear from his stuttering impromptu remarks and his failed and incomplete pieces of unsponsored legislation crafted during his brief Senatorial career that he is only seemingly brilliant and charismatic when his lips are loaded with black and white texts others have prepared for him.

Yes, you're right. In fact, take a look at this link, which documents his impromptu answer to a BBC question regarding blame for the world financial crisis:

Barack Obama, the World's Greatest Orator (™all news organisations), didn't exactly cover himself in glory when the BBC's political editor Nick Robinson asked him a question about who was to blame for the financial crisis. Normally word perfect, Obama ummed, ahed and waffled for the best part of two and a half minutes. Here, John Crace decodes what he was really thinking ...

Nick Robinson: "A question for you both, if I may. The prime minister has repeatedly blamed the United States of America for causing this crisis. France and Germany both blame Britain and America for causing this crisis. Who is right? And isn't the debate about that at the heart of the debate about what to do now?" Brown immediately swivels to leave Obama in pole position. There is a four-second delay before Obama starts speaking [THANKS FOR NOTHING, GORDY BABY. REMIND ME TO HANG YOU OUT TO DRY ONE DAY.] Barack Obama: "I, I, would say that, er ... pause [I HAVEN'T A CLUE] ... if you look at ... pause [WHO IS THIS NICK ROBINSON JERK?] ... the, the sources of this crisis ... pause [JUST KEEP GOING, BUDDY] ... the United States certainly has some accounting to do with respect to . . . pause [I'M IN WAY TOO DEEP HERE] ... a regulatory system that was inadequate to the massive changes that have taken place in the global financial system ... pause, close eyes [THIS IS GOING TO GO DOWN LIKE A CROCK OF (Snip) BACK HOME. HELP]. I think what is also true is that ... pause [I WANT NICK ROBINSON TO DISAPPEAR] ... here in Great Britain ... pause [(snip), GORDY'S THE HOST, DON'T LAND HIM IN IT] ... here in continental Europe ... pause [DAMN IT, BLAME EVERYONE.] ... around the world. We were seeing the same mismatch between the regulatory regimes that were in place and er ... pause [I'VE LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT AGAIN] ... the highly integrated, er, global capital markets that have emerged ... pause [I'M REALLY WINGING IT NOW]. So at this point, I'm less interested in ... pause [YOU] ... identifying blame than fixing the problem. I think we've taken some very aggressive steps in the United States to do so, not just responding to the immediate crisis, ensuring banks are adequately capitalised, er, dealing with the enormous, er ... pause [WHY DIDN'T I QUIT WHILE I WAS AHEAD?] ... drop-off in demand and contraction that has taken place. More importantly, for the long term, making sure that we've got a set of, er, er, regulations that are up to the task, er, and that includes, er, a number that will be discussed at this summit. I think there's a lot of convergence between all the parties involved about the need, for example, to focus not on the legal form that a particular financial product takes or the institution it emerges from, but rather what's the risk involved, what's the function of this product and how do we regulate that adequately, much more effective coordination, er, between countries so we can, er, anticipate the risks that are involved there. Dealing with the, er, problem of derivatives markets, making sure we have set up systems, er, that can reduce some of the risks there. So, I actually think ... pause [FANTASTIC. I'VE LOST EVERYONE, INCLUDING MYSELF] ... there's enormous consensus that has emerged in terms of what we need to do now and, er ... pause [I'M OUTTA HERE. TIME FOR THE USUAL CLOSING BOLLOCKS] ... I'm a great believer in looking forwards than looking backwards.

Crace's interpretations are a riot, but the real story is Obama's bumbling. It seems that the messiah is not such a great speaker without his teleprompter. In addition, it is obvious that he has no idea concerning the cause of the financial crisis.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Crace's interpretations are a riot, but the real story is Obama's bumbling. It seems that the messiah is not such a great speaker without his teleprompter. In addition, it is obvious that he has no idea concerning the cause of the financial crisis.

It sure is funny, well except the fact that he is actually President. I was no fan of George Bush but I got the impression is bumplings were part of a Reagan like disarming act meant to be self depreciating. Obama I think is just way out of his league.

His campaign events were all tightly coreographed and scripted replete with multi media imagery and pagentry that left very little room for the impromptu.

Honestly I did not vote in the elections, I never do, but I did read all 124 of the unsponsored, unpassed legislation attempts that Obama crafted in the Senate and let me tell you, if you ever want a really good laugh read those at the Library of Congress online in the Thomas Section and you won't be sure whether Eric Gleese from Monty Python wrote them or Lorn Michaels from Saturday Night Live.

Honestly they make Americans pass a test to be able to drive a motor vehicle, I think they seriously need to consider one for being able to vote!

Thanks Professor.

[edit on 8/4/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
I don't think he's trying to harm our relationship with Israel, just improve our relationship with the Arab nations. You probably realize they don't view us in too high esteem due to our actions in Iraq and our no-questions-asked relationship with Israel in the past.

Well he certainly is doing overtime in trying to "improve relations with Arabs" ----------------------- bowing to them, wow. ONLY IN AMERICA, 7 years after being attacked by Arabs, would we elect a man born of a Arab father, to be our president.

join