It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contacting my dead father

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Tomorrow -8th April marks the 18th year since my dad passed away

I really want to make sure he is ok and proud of me and mum

Help!!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Tomorrow -8th April marks the 18th year since my dad passed away
I really want to make sure he is ok and proud of me and mum. Help!!

Speaking as someone who just shared a gravesite whisky with my son and my father...him gone 3 years ago last Saturday...he's gonna be what he's gonna be 'til you join him. Keep him in your memory and he won't leave you any further. Keep him proud of you by doing him proud.

Good luck and best wishes to you.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks dude

not a one line post

Just wanna know that all is cool

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have a friend of mine who says that he speaks with his father. He said something about it being in the silence of the mind, when you think of them, and ask them questions in the mind. This isn't an over night thing though, it could take years of sitting there in total silence to pick up on. But he swears by it and I trust him, he's a god man. He could, of course, be hearing what he wants to hear, but even if he is, it makes him really happy so I can't see any harm.

I'm sorry about yor loss btw, and i hope that the anaversary of his passing goes by without too much pain. Don't hold out your hopes for contacting him, but do still ask him questions and talk to him. Maybe one day you'll get the sign you need. I hope you do

[edit on 7/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hello OP
My father died 16 yrs ago and ive never felt anything from him untill I started meditating.Ive been doing it everyday for about 6 mths and just recently Ive had my father visit me 3 times.The first time,while meditating,(eyes shut)I saw his face come into view and thought thats my Dad,and then I could smell him lol,thats right I havnt had that smell for 16 yrs but I reconised it staight away.The second time I actually called him and I saw him straight away but with a younger mans face(he was 59 when he died)and new he was in the room with me at wich stage I completly lost it and got very emotional(cryed).Third time I was determined to keep it together and called him and he came,I could feel his presense and my vision whited out and I had a tingling sensation all over,I stained to hear anything from him but nothing,so I simply said Dad I cant hear you but I know your there,love ya ,miss ya and all that.So I am going to keep trying and see what happens maybe Ill get audio one day but cant offer "proof" but i KNOW it was him and its been a wonderful and amazing thing so long story short get meditating!Good luck,you will know when it happens.Jay

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi,

Thanks for the advice both of you

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Learning astral projection will help a lot. Check out the threads here for that.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Astral projection??

Ok will have a look.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ok an update

I have been calling for my dad in my head and although no reply 1 strange thing has happened.

I was on our landing area, and I could smell tobacco smoke (no one in the household, or family smoke). I recognised it to be Malboro smoke, the kind my dad used to smoke before he was diagnosed with cancer.

Could this be a sign? It was only faint but i can remember the smell so distinctively

Greg

top topics

join