It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Condition and Why are we here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We all are born and live a very complicated and complex life on the planet earth.

Throughout our history we have proven to be a violent and ignorant race of beings. There are also many accounts of humans doing really great things, but very seldomly do we focus on the good things that we as a species do. This got me thinking, because I know that we as humans can be violent and ignorant... so i had a few theories to toss around.

1) What if our life on this planet is part of another series of events from a past life, the choices we made brought us here on planet earth. Such situations would be making good choices or bad choices and we are either changing levels in dimensions...

2) Life is as simple as creation, its not fair what happens after its creation, life just prevails and as humans someone created us and left us to mature as a species and has been watching us and waiting, and when things get really bad "they intervein". (Just like our species likes to experipment and figure things out.... WE ourselves are an experiment that has potential.

3) We are living inside of a matrix, the world we left behind is dead and we are trying to enjoy the last years of our potential lives in a virtual reality, so thus we found Earth...

4) We are beings from another planet far away, our very negative way of life created a situation which caused us all to leave and inhabit another planet, we are now here and trying to find purpose to our lives and find ourselves searching the internet (AND most of us found ATS)

5) Or a mixture of all of the above. We are a creation from another planet and another race of beings, we created a catastrophe on another planet but they believe in our potential so they help us evolve when it is necessary to do so, so everything that is going on in our world is being controlled to teach us and prepare us for the truth because we are coming closer and closer to being ready.

I guess what I really want to know is what does everyone think about why we are here? Remember honesty is key dont worry about having to justify your response... just what circumstances do you think created what we know as our "lives"?

I will be looking forward to any and all responses.

Rj

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Eating,Sleeping And Breeding..basically

But that whole intelligent and high level of conscious thing muddies stuff up so in turn we create many of our own reasons.But the above is the basic building block.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Alright, this is a question that has been a lifetime journey for me and I'm still searching for the answer but I have come to terms of what I believe and what makes the most sense to me.

I've half way come to the conclusion from lifetime experience's I've had that this is the reason why we are here.

We are here to learn, experience, pain, joy, misery, suffering, happiness, sorrow, life with bad and good both.

We have always existed if you can take time out of the equation and try to calculate that. I have a hard time computing in terms of eternal but we have always been around technically I believe.

Life is full of illusions that the human brain cannot see or compute. (I believe)

We are eternally progressing conscious individuals and we came to this earth knowing that we would forget everything and be confused as to why we are here. This is part of what we signed up for and necessary for our growth and advancement.

Life is hell for some, life is heaven for others.
Nobody is on the same mission, we all came for
different reasons. We are all on a different level
of conscious eternal progression.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
you will never have your questioned answered.....people have probably been asking the same thing since the beginning.....I suggest you take a look around you, absorb some of the beauty and make a change rather that ask why, what where, if when etc.....your whole life will revolve around constant questioning....

my 2 pence...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The world is temporary as is our stay here. Nothing is permanent in the regions of matter which include the traditional heavens. The body is a temporary shell. We remain in regions of matter and reincarnate over and over in one species or another until we have expressed and exhausted our "original sin" or original imperfections and payed back all the debts for our actions here. The game is perfect with illusion exploiting us and pulling us down balanced with the devil keeping us from going too low and becoming inert by inclining us towards our spiritual welfare. Our spirits are exploited for the life force by everything done here and in exchange we express and exhaust our imperfections. However, neither illusion nor the devil will allow us to know the truth about the purely spiritual regions and our true home and destiny. Many of the so called saviors of the past and numerous ones unknown to us from the past served no greater purpose than keeping the spirits from becoming inert. The spirit rose only so high so that it could fall again. Over and over this has been the case. We are now in the 4th cycle (iron age, kali yuga) and it is now that more and more spirits have exhausted their primal karma (original sins) and are becoming ready to go home. For this reason now is also the time of the greatest turmoil as the devil does not want to loose the spirit and it's life force. It is also the time when the real opportunity and real savior and real salvation is upon us. Such exposure will come naturally with the exhaustion of these imperfections and we will become exposed and worthy and inclined towards the truth. Everyone will do so at their own pace over the next quarter million years or so.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
OP quote

Throughout our history we have proven to be a violent and ignorant race of beings.

My beliefs are the reason we are violent is because we as a species need competition in order to survive. Just like politics. There needs to be at least two sides to battle life experience out and let the "best genes" win at the end. Thus ensuring the best genes are the only ones left to reproduce.
When you see a war, a massacre, random act of violence, or even a verbal fight, it is a sign of our deep evolutionary purpose. To compete.

If we did not compete through violence our species as humans would not exist anymore. No competition goes against the way life on earth has always worked . It may seem drastic, but if you ponder on it long and hard as I have done, it starts to make sense after a while.

One very effective way to preserve the survival of your DNA is to eliminate your competition.

www.cmaq.net...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I see that most peoples opinions are that we are being housed by the bodies we are using to type up on this website, so then I guess that brings another question, do you believe that we have souls/spirits that pass from body to body? If so, what do you think we are here to learn? As the one guy had mentioned many things he thought we were supposed to learn, but why is it that we need to learn them? Are our souls forgetting some things and we are in need of retraining, are we being brought into some unknown type of existence and being trained for the first time, or is there no way to explain it... are we just going to eternally pass on to the next life time and time again forever for training or do you think there is something more?

Sorry for more questions but I beleive Alternate perspectives are very helpful.

To the one guy who mentioned the cyclic cycle of how nature works on this world, do you think that we have souls that pass on to other lives and we are to learn exactly what it is you mentioned?

edit for typos

[edit on 7-4-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by booda

you will never have your questioned answered.....people have probably been asking the same thing since the beginning.....I suggest you take a look around you, absorb some of the beauty and make a change rather that ask why, what where, if when etc.....your whole life will revolve around constant questioning....

my 2 pence...

I'd rather advise not to stop looking for the answers as long as you can keep yourself together.

You may not find the answers within your lifetime but you might find something that could do a profound change to your life and probably the world!

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown

join