It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Meteor Fireball: Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Scientists are looking for CCTV footage or pics of a huge fireball they believe to have been a meteor.

BBC Story

"David Moore chairman of Astronomy Ireland said they were fairly certain it was a rock from space which could have landed somewhere in Ireland.

He said they were very keen to hear from anyone who has footage of what is suspected to be a meteor falling."

It seems like there has been a marked increase in these types of fireballs or our awareness of them. Hopefully we wont be hit by something huge!! I hope they can get some pics/video of it, maybe getting the news out would help because it happened during the night so if a camera did pick it up the owner probably doesn't even know!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BigC2012

I was going to make the same comment ...... In all my life I have never seen such activity in regards to UFO's or the meteor astroid activity as of late.

It could be we are more aware or more connected ?? either way the increased rate of our awareness and the state of our world only makes me wonder what is really happening.

Especially since the people who would know sure AINT saying!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by BigC2012

I was going to make the same comment ...... In all my life I have never seen such activity in regards to UFO's or the meteor astroid activity as of late.

It could be we are more aware or more connected ?? either way the increased rate of our awareness and the state of our world only makes me wonder what is really happening.

Especially since the people who would know sure AINT saying!!!!

I believe it has a lot to do with our solar system crossing through the galactic plane. Entering the galactic plane can affect many things here on Earth. Volcanic activity, earthquake intensity, tidal movements and comet/meteor activity can all be associated with crossing through the galactic plane. We are expected to continue crossing through this plane until after 2015, and will reach the center of it sometime around the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013. Scientists have warned us that these effects may occur, and possibly escalate until we've passed through the center of the plane. Hope this helps clarify why we're seeing much more meteor/comet activity as of recently.

Cheers!

- Strype

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Strype]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Soooooooo if I understand the comment, this means the ride is fixen to get a little bumpy so its time for your seat belts huh?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
Hope this helps clarify why we're seeing much more meteor/comet activity as of recently.

Got any links/data to support the increase in "meteor/comet activity" that you mentioned?

I have not seen any increase in "meteor/comet activity", although I have seen an increase in the number of meteors caught on camera (not surprising since there are lots of new cameras everywhere), and more reports, which could be down to many factors.

Comets... well, we are discovering more of them. Hardly surprising since more people are looking with more sensitive equipment.

Are we more/better connected? Yes! We are on ATS! Where else would you hear about most of these events?

Were you "well enough connected" to hear about things like this before you came here on ATS/other sites like this? If not, how can you say the activity has increased? Increased compared to what/where/when? If you did not know what activity was like before coming here, how do you know there has been an increase?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigC2012
It seems like there has been a marked increase in these types of fireballs or our awareness of them.

I'd have to say the major factor is the rise of the internet... This would pretty much be a non story anywhere outside of the UK 20 years ago... This day in age it can be brought up in an almost casual way for anyone in the world to discuss...

Same would go for any such event of this 'semi' importance - unless you were dedicated enough to hunt thease stories out in the pre internet days they would probably just pass you by.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Whilst I believe in certain elements of the 2012 theory to be true... where is your scientific proof of what you have stated? Or are you just referring to hearsay of other uninformed comments made here on ATS?

Its one thing to follow the UFO thread where you can create disinfo and not worry about its implications. But here in the Space thread, there harbours a more serious bread of posters where we do not encourage ill informed directions of posts that will mislead others

Please provide links to actual scientific (as you stated) proof of what you are debating upon!

top topics

join