It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan firm says nuke shelter sales up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Japan firm says nuke shelter sales up

www.breitbart.com

A retailer of nuclear fallout shelters in Japan said Monday that sales soared in the lead-up to North Korea's rocket launch as jittery residents took their safety into their own hands. Osaka-based Shelter Co said it received 12 orders in just two months ahead of Sunday's launch-more than double the number it usually sells in an entire year.Pyongyang said the rocket it launched over Japan on Sunday carried a satellite into orbit, but Washington, Tokyo and Seoul believe the launch was a cover for a test of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

Most orders for the Swiss-made 2.8 million yen (28,000 dollar) "household nuclear shelters" came from northwestern Akita and Iwate prefectures, located under the rocket's path, said company president Seiichiro Nishimoto. "This is a record in the 30 years I've been in this business," he told AFP,adding that he had also received about 150 enquiries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
asinthedaysofnoah.blogspot.com

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Many Japanese & other foreigners are well-aware of the occult-world government's plot to start another World War, for which they can blame on North Korea. War is a business & a game to these globalists.

The Chinese government (and all of their allies) have been well-aware of the puppet-dictator, Kim Jong il since before his dad died. They'll use Kim just like they used their other living-assets (pro-NWO leaders & dictators).

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Oh for god's sakes, now the Japanese have their tin foil hats on too?

I thought this insane hysteria over rogue states was only endemic to Europe and the US.

Now some of the smartest people in the world are clinging to good, government BS.

Worry about getting your brakes checked and tires inflated people, which are about 1000 times more likely to result in your demise than a N. Korean ballistic missile, none of which can actually fly for more than 30 seconds as of yet.

Nevermind the fact N. Korea has nothing to put in the warheads of these missiles, that's "irrelevant".

Seriously who let "Sensationalism" out of her bird cage these past few weeks?

[edit on 7/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So they are making living space much like the vaults in fall-out.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, if I lived next to North Korea, and they began launching their junk over my head, and all this war talk broke out, then, yes, I can see where a number of prudent folks might armor up at home.

Actually, that level of preparation is something everyone should do, regardless of country or population concentration.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wow. Twelve whole orders, eh?

And that's double what he sold last YEAR!

Letsee... 12 shelters divided by 130,000,000 people = 0.00000923% of the population of Japan, if I've counted my zeroes right.

Could someone please explain to me how this even qualifies as news?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Actually, that level of preparation is something everyone should do, regardless of country or population concentration.

If a REAL Nuclear War happens, the world will have no chance.

And by real, I mean not the ridiculous assumption that a lone, 3rd-world country is going to suicidally attack another with a single ICBM, for some kind of "political gain".

The combined stockpiles of the US, Russia, China, UK, France can obliterate the World 39 times over.

There's no shelter in the world that'll keep you safe from that.

top topics

join