It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Laws Do You Consider Unconstitutional?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hello Everyone. I have been thinking a lot about our government and the laws they have passed within the last 2 decades. I consider some to be unconstitutional, blatantly so.

Here is the United States government as written by our founding fathers.

The United States Constitution, Articles I-VII
Bill of Rights/Amendments I - X
Amendments XI - XXVII

What laws do you consider unconstitutional? and why?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I would say about 99.9% of them.

Present day eminent domain laws where government can take your property to sell to private investors. What a rip off.

If it was for a much needed school or road I wouldn't mind, but just so some slickster cab get richer is absurd.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by jam321]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I was going to say about 95% of them, but yours is so close had to star it.

We're sovereign beings yet our employees think they can limit their employer group's behavior left right and center. There are few laws that are actually valid, as most just give them sweeping powers. Their drug laws are ludicrous. They don't control or own any land, air or seeds, and may not dictate what nature provides its citizens with. They are employees with swollen heads.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I detest any law against guns. It's obvious why.

Now I am all for laws on registering ammo.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't think any law is technically unconstitutional, as they are laws, and therefore legal (in accordance with the constitution) unless ruled otherwise by a judge.

Of all the laws on the books today, I'd have to agree with the above posts that 95% of them are not in the spirit of the founding fathers. The ones I dislike the most are the drug laws

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I would suggest researching the Real I. D. Act. Bush passed it in 2005 without congresses approval.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Bush??????????????

I thought Congress passed it and Bush signed

The U.S. Congress has passed the REAL ID Act of 2005

epic.org...

This sickens me as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The Library of Congress only states:

MAJOR ACTIONS:

1/26/2005 Introduced in House
2/10/2005 Passed/agreed to in House: On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: 261 - 161 (Roll no. 31).
2/17/2005 Referred to Senate committee: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Congress did a quicky on us and attached it to another bill as a rider.

-- Immigrant Security Standards bill
-- Military Death Gratuity Temporary Increase bill
-- Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005
-- Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005
-- Reaffirmation of State Regulation of Resident and Nonresident Hunting and Fishing Act of 2005
-- REAL ID Act of 2005
-- Save Our Small and Seasonal Businesses Act of 2005

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Any treaties (UN, G20, Geneva etc...) are null and void according to the constitution.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
I don't think any law is technically unconstitutional, as they are laws, and therefore legal (in accordance with the constitution) unless ruled otherwise by a judge.

Of all the laws on the books today, I'd have to agree with the above posts that 95% of them are not in the spirit of the founding fathers. The ones I dislike the most are the drug laws

The constitution limits what laws can be enacted. Absolutely laws can be unconstitutional. Any law that surpasses constitutional limits is, by definition, unconstitutional. BUT it is still law until someone challenges it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Any treaties (UN, G20, Geneva etc...) are null and void according to the constitution.

Nope. See The Constitution of the United States of America

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I detest any law against guns. It's obvious why.

Now I am all for laws on registering ammo.

I think that laws on registering ammo are unconstitutional. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Infringed - to encroach upon.

Bearing arms in the context used in the constitution implies that the right of the people to protect themselves is paramount. I also have a right to privacy. Ammo registration is just the beginning of a ban on guns altogether.

new topics

top topics

join