It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher's Aide Sues Student, 11, Over Ice Cream Incident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
confused,
If the child was attending school and under their control -- Shouldn't the school be reponsible for his actions and if the school is responsibile shouldn't it therefore be the Adult in charge of the child at the time of the incident that is held responsiblle for his behaviour?

ie HER ??? really she should be suing herself for failing to take reasonible action to prevent the endangerment of the child.

When does the power of responsibility transfer from parent to school and back again occur?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The "lesson" will be more for the parents since they'll be paying. A kid shouldn't have to be burdened with all this for making a mistake. I'm not saying he shouldn't be sued, but I'm sure he felt guilty everday afterwards for a good amount of time. The severity of her injury shouldn't impact the discipline that he needs. It shouldn't matter if she got nudged and didn't fall down, or got tackled like in this case, the same rule was broken.

I'm sure the money aspect is sure alluring for her, she'll win so money is money.

I sort of wonder what she was doing. You'd think you could avoid a kid that was running at full speed, hear him running or something. How much does an 8 year old weigh anyways? lol

[edit on 6-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

<< 1   >>

join