It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: Attack North Korea with electromagnetic pulse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Gingrich- Attack North Korea with electromagnetic pulse

rawstory.com

Only hours after North Korea launched a rocket, Newt Gingrich was on television saying the United States should have preemptively attacked the nuclear-armed country – with an electromagnetic pulse. - “We do not appreciate the scale of threat that is evolving on the planet,” the former House Speaker said on Fox News Sunday. “And North Korea is a totally irresponsible dictatorship run by a person who is clearly out of touch with reality.”

The North Korean government says it launched an experimental communications satellite that is now orbiting in space; U.S. officials claim it was a missile that quickly fell into the Pacific ocean.

President Barack Obama, in Prague on his first tour of Europe, blasted the rocket launch as “provocative,” saying it violated a U.N. resolution, and pledged to take action at a U.N. Security Council meeting. Obama had joined other world leaders in urging the hard-line communist state to drop plans to test a missile.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

[edit on 6-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The occult-world government would love to destroy all of their foes (especially innocent & oppressed individuals) with electronic weaponry. The government see both, freedom-fighters & competitive foreign dictators, who oppose the world-government as equally dangerous, and that's why they want to terminate many of them by any means necessary.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
em weapons are a big thing now, and america was bound to have used it on that rocket.

Though people specualte that japan have very advanced tech in this area too.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Personally, I think the US and people like Gingrich should be more worried about the damage the UN policies can do to the US than what NK can do to the US with its missiles.

I see NK as a political distraction from the economic chaos. Anything to get people's mind off the economy. Seems to be working.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by jam321]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The one thing that he isn't considering is that once you use such a weapon, the capability is known.

The US (and any other nation with such a capability) isn't going to use an advanced and highly secretive weapon until they absolutely have to. As soon as you do the race to beat it, subvert it or destroy the advantage begins.

This weapon could defend a nation from nuclear attack (if such a weapon exists of course), so using it too early in such a way wouldn't benefit your country.
If they had, it would be useless within a few years.

I'm no military strategist, but this is blatantly obvious.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I think once he blurted it out its known. How would it be useless in a few years? Its not like they can replace electronics with mechanical guidance and control.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Personally, I think the US and people like Gingrich should be more worried about the damage the UN policies can do to the US than what NK can do to the US with its missiles.

Good point. North Korean technology will never compete with that of the USA. If a NK attack succeeds on the US its because they allowed it to happen.

I see NK as a political distraction from the economic chaos. Anything to get people's mind off the economy. Seems to be working.

“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste,” he said then. “It’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.’’

Source

[edit on 6-4-2009 by FreeSpeaker]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
reply to post by detachedindividual

I think once he blurted it out its known. How would it be useless in a few years? Its not like they can replace electronics with mechanical guidance and control.

The same happens with every piece of military hardware and technology throughout history.

The Nuclear weapon was developed and it's capability known, and while it wasn't possible to combat it through defense, once it is used the scientific development behind it is increasingly open.

A country learns from the weapons capability of their enemy, while NK might not find a way to defend against an EM pulse weapon, once it has been used intelligence to create a similar system is available, and they may surpass the capability of it's predecessor (the traditional Nuke became increasingly powerful through development, and not just by development in the USA).

That is why it would be foolish to use such a weapon just to knock a rocket out, especially when there is no immediate threat to your nation.
The element of surprise and the ability to maintain secrecy are still primary tactical efforts. Both of these areas would have been destroyed by using an EM weapon for something so minor in comparison.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
With one of the chief washed-up political clowns of the last decade having just entered the fray, (send in the clowns!), the NK missile launch has now certifiably fallen to the level of farce.

Gingrich is as out-of touch as KIJ and the entire premise of the US reaction to this launch is ridiculous political posturing and diversionary fear mongering.

I'm so sick of the pathetic, creepy, scripted puppet theater of psychopathic talking-heads on the MSM and particularly Fox News that is being passed off to the public as actual informed debate on issues. It's noting more than a sick funhouse mirror from a tawdry backwater circus midway.

Gingrich and Chris Wallace talking geopolitical strategy! Pathetic.

/rant

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm glad he made such a big statement about electromagnetic weaponry.
We need silly people like him without editing capabilities -
to blurt to the general public - about the man behind the curtain.
However it happens - people need to be alerted.
At least to the degree that they are prompted to do some research on their own.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow, I wonder how many of our recent historical natural disasters were actually EM pulses??

Is Newt confirming that HAARP is indeed a weapon?

How weird of him to say this, I doubt it was a slip of the tongue.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm puzzled here.

It seems that people think EMP weapons are theoretical only. That stage was passed years ago, around the time the transistor was invented. By accident, most likely.

Gingrich (brilliant man, btw) didn't reveal any secrets.

Iran & North Korea Building EMP Weapons?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I'm puzzled here.

It seems that people think EMP weapons are theoretical only. That stage was passed years ago, around the time the transistor was invented. By accident, most likely.

Gingrich (brilliant man, btw) didn't reveal any secrets.

Iran & North Korea Building EMP Weapons?

You are correct - he didn't reveal any secrets - except to those who don't know about EMP weapons. I think there are plenty of folks who don't. Sometimes hearing it from someone you recognize gives folks the jump on wanting to learn more.

top topics

join