It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Following Bush lead, Obama moves to block challenge to wiretapping program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Following Bush lead, Obama moves to block challenge to wiretapping program

rawstory.com

Wants case against NSA dismissed

President Barack Obama invoked "state secrets" to prevent a court from reviewing the legality of the National Security Agency's warantless wiretapping program, moving late Friday to have a lawsuit that challenged the program dismissed.

The move -- which holds that information surrounding the massive eavesdropping program should be kept from the public because of its sensitivity -- follows an earlier decision in March to block handover of documents relating to the Bush Administration's decision to spy on a charity. The arguments also mirror the Bush Administration's efforts to dismiss an earlier suit against AT&T.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hmm if this doesn't raise flags for the american people i don't know what will ... looks to me like the new boss is looking like the old boss ... at least on this matter ... just my opinion ... i can't believe they're trying to 'hide' this stuff ... i wish more people in the U.S. knew what was really going on ... what are your thoughts?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wonder will obermann talk about this,a nd all the stuff he rightly said about bush, will he also slate obama.

the thing is does obama have any real ower, to change things, doubtful.

He is just a man having ahis day in the sun, playing his role as an actor.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

If Obama wanted to change this, he and his Democrat Congress could find a way. They have figured out how to squander away our great garndchildrens future, I'm sure the Bush wiretapping thing should not pose much of a challenge.

Why does anyone think he would WANT to reverse it? He is more controlling than W ever hoped to be.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Little Barry is just doing as he is told.

For those who thought that GW had the clinch on the nation, you haven't seen anything yet. Just look at was happened to our country in Barry's first five months. Blame him and blame congress. They will not be happy until the govt has complete control over all public and private matters in our once great nation.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Meet the new boss, same as the old.

Just another broken campaign promise folks, nothing to see here. Boy are a lot of people going to be let down by the Obama steps out of office.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
like has been said before me... he is being a puppet, when all this sh** happens we always blame the puppet obviously because they are in the front of the curtain, but its behind the curtain we need to blame..

now i'm no obama supporter by any means, same as i never was a Bush supporter, i don't support any demopubs or republicrats... but we can't forget who really controls things and go after them

top topics

join