It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean missle test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Source

U.S. officials reacted quickly and sharply to the launch. In language they had used for weeks while the North set a timetable, they said it was "provocative" and a threat to stability in an already tense region that includes Japan and South Korea, two of America's staunchest Asian allies.

The U.N. Security Council planned to meet in emergency session at Japan's request late Sunday. Obama, traveling in Europe, called for international consensus to condemn the launch of what the North claimed was a satellite. The U.S. and others say it violates a U.N. ban on ballistic missile activity by the communist state even though the satellite failed to reach orbit.

"North Korea broke the rules once again by testing a rocket that could be used for long range missiles," Obama said in a speech on nuclear proliferation in the Czech Republic.

I thought the part when the missile failed was funny.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Did it fail or did it make it to orbit? I have read conflicting reports. Personally, I believe it didn't make it. The question that leaves me with is whether or not someone knocked it out of the sky.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I doubt it made it into orbit. Kim Jong Il does crap like this every once in a while to try and get other countries to pay him NOT to. I just don't think NK has the technology they claim they have.

Now, the only question that leaves me with is: "does 'taepodong' mean what i think it means?"

TA

join