It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wall..has a heart beat...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I know this is really odd sounding but every once in a while like every 3 days or so I'll hear what sounds like a heartbeat coming from my wall. It's muffled sounding and it's always exactly the same. Three beats, very well defined and concise.
I've thought of what it could be
Traffic? I live in the country so there's not much, and a heartbeat?
Rock crusher? I live near a rock crushing factory, I have my whole life though and never heard anything like this.
Military base? I live near a military base, who knows.
Ventilation? It's off and I just heard it.
Plumbing? Maybe...

I have litterally no clue to be honest, it's just really strange. I just moved into the house in January and I've felt and seen a couple wierd things but nothing unnerving or scary. I mean if there IS something here I'd venture it's nothing to be afraid of, I just thought this was a wierd instance...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I would go with plumbing, most likely. The fact that you say it happens on a somewhat consistant basis makes me shy away from paranormal. Paranormal tends to be unpredictable. It could be air has found a way into the pipes or a bracket holding a pipe in place has become loose allowing it to move when water moves through it.

Does it always come from a certain place? Have you been able to track down a location where it seems to originate from?

I'd check more mundane solutions before I moved on to haunting in this case. Now, if other bizarre things start happening we might have something paranormal

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well, strange things have happened but I'm really reluctant to say this is related to them.

As far as I can tell it comes from the wall my computer is stationed at; but that's just where I always am when I hear it. I even thought my computer desk was hitting the wall to make the noise but no dice.

It could very well be plumbing but I don't see what plumbing would be doing on this wall. It's about as far away from any plumbing apparatus in the house as you can get. Maybe it's a pipe leading out to the septic tank?

It's not regular per se, it just happens every few days but it's regular in the way it sounds. Perhaps that's what you meant by regular, the consistancy of sound.

I agree with you though, I'm not wanting to put this up with paranormal juuuust yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It could possibly be your own heartbeat your hearing. I'm sure I read somewhere in Egypt in 1 of the pyramids there's a small sort of room that when you stand in you can hear your heartbeat. Not sure how true that was but it did come to mind when I read this.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My heartbeat is much faster than this. This is a slooooooooow heartbeat sound. Like 2 or 3 seconds for 3 beats.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm hearing the same thing in the trailer we moved into in June...it's in the wall behind the left end of the couch. It randomly does it, there is no pattern. It freaks me out... I would like to know what it is also.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'd guess plumbing as well. In one of my rooms, there's a loose bracket or something behind the wall, and about twice a week I hear something 'tapping' on the inside of the wall for a few seconds.

new topics

top topics

join