It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. missile kills 13 in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

U.S. missile kills 13 in Pakistan

www.reuters.com

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - A pilotless U.S. drone aircraft fired a missile in northwest Pakistan on Saturday, killing 13 people including some foreign militants, security officials and residents said.

Hours later, Pakistani Taliban militant leader Baitullah Mehsud claimed responsibility for a shooting at a U.S. immigration center in New York in which a gunman killed 13 people, saying it was revenge for U.S. drone attacks in Pakistan.

U.S. officials were not immediately available for comment about Mehsud's claim, but Pakistani security analysts dismissed it as a publicity stunt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Baitullah Mesud claims to be responsible for the immigration center attack yesterday?

I knew it...the true nature of these increasingly frequent Mass Murder Suicides that have been occuring. The militants in Pakistan and Afghanistan are mystics and use possession or some other ancient skill to remotely control people.

While authorities say that it is a publicity stunt...this is obviously what is happening and has been happening for years.

Can the United States defeat an enemy when it refuses to acknowledge as genuine its war making techniques?

You are fighting a enemy that is strong in this specific area of war making that is why they still exist.

They are not Muslims.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

Quick question....

What do any of the points you just laid out in mind-numbingly convoluted detail have to do with the fact a U.S. drone has once again killed innocent civilians in a targeted assassination attack AND violated Pakistan's borders once again?

Prioritise your attention.

Baitullah is obviously claiming responsibility for something he neither has the means nor brains to accomplish.
In fact, in all likelihood, Baitullah is long dead:

The leader of Pakistan's Taliban, Baitullah Mehsud, is dead from kidney failure, sources told CNN.
Baitullah Mehsud speaks to reporters in the tribal district of South Waziristan near the Afghan border in May.

The Pakistan government blamed Mehsud for the December 27, 2007, assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.

edition.cnn.com...

News reports that Baitullah Mehsud, the amir of the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan is dead, apparently due to natural causes. Mehsud had been sick in recent days and reportedly slipped into a coma.

pakistanpolicy.com...

This alleged connection to the Immigration Centre shootout comes at a convienient time when Obama is calling for more unilateral action against militants within Pakistani borders, with or without Pakistan's agreement.

[edit on 4/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I live America and am infinitely more concerned with the 13 dead immigrants in New York...by comparison, I don't give a @#$# about who died in the Waziristan region of Pakistan.

My point is that someone claiming to be Mehsud according to Pakistan intelligence claimed to be responsible for the attack in Binghamton or didn't you read the article?

So, now we are even, innocent immigrants in America are killed and Pakistan had it sovereignty violated because it is harboring a man who claims the ability to launch attacks inside the United States, which he may have done.

This is war and your feelings will be hurt and never think for one minute that anyone here cares about what is happening to the Taliban in rural Pakistan.

My concern is why won't US authorities come to terms with the way the enemy fights, so that we can be more effective in destroying them. Or don't you read between lines?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

My point is that someone claiming to be Mehsud according to Pakistan intelligence claimed to be responsible for the attack in Binghamton or didn't you read the article?

Yes CLAIMING, that's a far cry from conclusively proving he was.

There's absolutely nothing linking him to it apart from a claim, the same evidence used to corroborate the well-known lie that Saddam had WMD's.

These kind of "claims" pop up all the time, coincidentally at the most convienient time for Washington, just when they're looking for an excuse to start another war.

So, now we are even, innocent immigrants in America are killed and Pakistan had it sovereignty violated because it is harboring a man who claims the ability to launch attacks inside the United States, which he may have done.

So innocent Pakistanis deserved to die despite the fact you admit Baitullah may not even be responsible?

That was a crack shot at your own foot.

This is war and your feelings will be hurt and never think for one minute that anyone here cares about what is happening to the Taliban in rural Pakistan.

Yeah and where was I asking for sympathy?

I'm saying your focusing on tying together issues which have absolutely nothing holding them together with your lame-duck rationale.

Focus on what's been conclusively proven, i.e. America committing illegal attacks in Pakistan, or the fact that Baitullah is most likely dead.

My concern is why won't US authorities come to terms with the way the enemy fights, so that we can be more effective in destroying them.

Right so we should start shooting up immigration centres full of innocent people over in Afghanistan or Pakistan to even out the playing field?

Obviously you've never heard of: "When fighting a monster, you must be careful not the become the monster you seek to defeat"

Hey while we're treading all over the Constitution how about we just all put on Brownshirts and start goose-stepping through Washington D.C.?

top topics

join