It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban claim responsibility for New York shootout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Taliban claim responsibility for New York shootout

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

PESHAWAR: Pakistan Taliban militant leader Baituallah Mehsud claimed on Saturday responsibility for an attack on a US immigration centre in New
York state in which 13 people were killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
What amazed me most is " "I accept responsibility. They were my men. I gave them orders in reaction to US drone attacks," Mehsud said by telephone from an undisclosed location.

A man armed with two handguns killed 13 people at an immigration services centre before apparently turning the gun on himself, authorities in Binghamton, New York, said.

Representative Maurice Hinchey, whose district includes Binghamton, told the New York Times that indications are the gunman was an immigrant from Vietnam.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ny_ny_ny

If it was the Taliban trying to cause terror, they sure picked an odd location to do it.
Plus, was the killer from Pakistan or from Vietnam?
Something doesn't sound right about the report.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'd think that if it was a terrorist attack in America it would of been an attack against Americans. Most of the people attacked were attempting to become Americans and have backgrounds from several places.

When I first heard of the shooting and the backgrounds of those shot - I figured it was some elitist anti-foreigner bigot who thinks they all come here to take his job or some such racist nonsense.

Likely the guy was just a mentally ill lone gunman who lost control because he felt he was ripped off or treated unfairly by that organization or a specific person working for that organization.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Yeah, I thought the same thing as well, some anti-immigrant nutjob with a huge chip on his shoulder.
I haven't really heard anything on the news, although...well, it would be difficult because I don't have the news channel on right now

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
My prayers to the people that lost their life. But come on. If that's all they have they don't have their [snip] together. We have been dealing with these kind of nut jobs for along time. Call me cold but we are used to this. This is a BS claim

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

Source

[edit on 4-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

So, are you saying that they were killed by an illegal alien?
Uh....you may be right but I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I don't think people quite grasp the repercussions of this attack.

This is the first Islamic terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11, and it's been perpetrated by the "new" antichrist... Baitullah Mehsud.

There are significant irregularities- why would a Vietnamese man join the Pakistani Taliban?

Is Baitullah simply claiming responsibility without having actually done it?

Was it a false flag to allow the US to go into Pakistan?

Too many questions, not enough answers at this stage.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika
reply to post by ny_ny_ny

If it was the Taliban trying to cause terror, they sure picked an odd location to do it.

That is what I was thinking as well. It seems, that if this was done by them, they would want to choose a place that would have more, actual citizens and not just people taking a class to become a citizen.

I do not buy it. Seems to me, more as if they are trying to just claim responsibility for someone elses work.

If this was the work of the taliban, I garuntee that will be confirmed by the US and exploited to the fullest. I doubt this will be the case though.

If the Taliban really did claim responsibility for it, I think it is meant more as a propoganda tool. It will be much harder for them to recruit people to fight the "infedels' if the infedels up and leave here soon. So, in that respect they would have motivation to either try and attack or claim responsiblity for an attack they did not commit.

I bet this was not a taliban attack.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Zikuski said Wong, a naturalized U.S. citizen, was unemployed at the time of the shooting. He told CNN's Susan Candiotti that Wong had recently worked in a vacuum repair shop.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

News

I am almost positively sure that this guy acted on his own, with no ties to any terrorist group.
The other spin to the news it is the work of fearmongering groups.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

No it was just the first average daily murder rate in America I could find. Just numbers. Sorry if I offended you
. But He is obviously "Illegal" in his actions.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i posted earlier that i thought this shooting was a set up. but i thought maybe it was a set up to allow the government to have stricter gun control or immigration control, but i never imagined it would turn out to be pakistani taliban!!

ever since obama was in the running for president, he has consistantly mentioned about striking IN pakistan, now he has even more of a reason to go in there and carry out MORE attacks.

HOW CONVENIENT. will the people actually have their eyes open and see this for what it is??? - a false flag for increased military action in pakistan (as well as gun control)

G.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

"I accept responsibility. They were my men. I gave them orders in reaction to US drone attacks," Mehsud said by telephone from an undisclosed location.

Sounds like a word for word copy of OBL's "acceptance of responsibility" speech for 9/11, one year after he denied having anything to do with it.

The direct, straight-to-the-point, lack of usual religious references, and obviously incriminating one's self style.

I don't buy it.

I also question the capabilities of a Taliban chief living in rural Waziristan, one of Pakistan's autonomous provinces that's under constant US surveillance and Pakistan military surveillance, to successfully organise an attack in America.

According to many reports, Baitullah died in 2008:

The leader of Pakistan's Taliban, Baitullah Mehsud, is dead from kidney failure, sources told CNN.
Baitullah Mehsud speaks to reporters in the tribal district of South Waziristan near the Afghan border in May.

The Pakistan government blamed Mehsud for the December 27, 2007, assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.

edition.cnn.com...

The head of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, Baitullah Mehsood has passed away here. He was suffering from high blood pressure and kidney disease, according to Geo News.

www.geo.tv...

News reports that Baitullah Mehsud, the amir of the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan is dead, apparently due to natural causes. Mehsud had been sick in recent days and reportedly slipped into a coma.

pakistanpolicy.com...

Of course the only people denying this are Taliban officials and his closest aides, who have in their best interests to promoting his existence as a continual scourge of the US & Pakistan military presence, who evades capture or death.

The timing is very questionable as well. Right when America is dying for excuses to launch illegal, cross-border raids into Pakistani territory and India is breathing down Pakistan's neck about constant allegations of terrorism, a convienient terrorist attack on US soil happens giving both parties ammunition against Pakistan.

This whole thing just doesn't feel authentic at all.

[edit on 4/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
So now the Taliban will be claiming responsibility for every mass shooting crime that goes down?
Random shootings in foreign countries aren't their M.O and I don't believe it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've got a hard time to swallow this pill. Something is waaaaaaaaay out of place.
Perhaps another attempt to get the ball rolling towards a world war?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised.
It seems like there was a unusual amount of time between when this happened and when it hit MSM headlines.

Maybe making sure everyone had their stories straight

Pakistani Taliban head claims responsibility for US shootout - Summary

Mehsud said the massacre was in revenge for the continued US drone attacks on Pakistan's tribal region bordering Afghanistan. The seven semi-autonomous tribal districts are known to serve as sanctuaries for al-Qaeda and Taliban rebels.

"We are not the one who started it, the Americans did it with the drone strikes," he was cited as saying by BBC's Urdu Service on its website. We will hit more US targets in future, he added.

Mehsud's claim came hours after a suspected US pilotless aircraft fired missiles on a militant hideout in the North Waziristan tribal district, killing at least 13 people and injured eight more.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't think that the killer was a Taliban.
He was an out-of-work immigrant who was unhappy with his life, his life at this moment happened to be in the USA.
He didn't speak much English and was tired of what he felt was that people would laugh at him for speaking in broken Englsh. In fact, he was taking English classes in the same place where he killed those people.

Really doesn't sound as a conspiracy to me. Certainly not a Taliban, just another crazy, resentful, bitter, lonely man.

join