It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tries to Forge Global Consensus at France Town Hall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Obama Tries to Forge Global Consensus at France Town Hall

www.foxnews.com

Taking the world stage once again, President Obama attempted to build a global consensus Friday on the need to collectively confront nuclear proliferation, recession, terrorism, poverty and drug trafficking.

Obama spoke to a large crowd of French and German citizens, many of whom were students, at a town hall-style meeting in Strasbourg, France, ahead of a major NATO summit.

In a speech delivered before taking questions from the audience, Obama invoked the slogans of his presidential campaign and stressed U.S.-European unity -- much as he did during his pre-election speech in Berlin over the summer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Looks like obama's trying to get the world under the u.s. 'again' ... i mean it's a great thought and everything ... it would be awesome in a world without nuclear weapons ... but i'm sure that some of the countries with the capabilities are not just going to drop it because obama says it should ... these countries have been working at it for decades ... why would they want to give it up now?

thoughts?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
"Many of whom were students".

You know what scares me the most? College students. I'm not sure how it is in the rest of the world, but in the U.S. I feel that the majority of them are entitled, self absorbed, follow the leader, anti whatever or whoever isn't cool right now, whatever is going to benefit me right now, individuals. This is supposed to be the future working class generation of America? The baby boomer parents, who raised them to believe all this, are no different then their children. It's no wonder this country has been going down hill quickly. When did people stop thinking for themselves, forming their own opinions, and stop caring about what may happen in the future?

I see this everyday, working at a well known university in California, it's quite scary and frustrating to know how government thinks. The administration being the baby boomer parents, and the students being the children. At the university, they have the same mentality of D.C., and the same problems as the country. Their responses? Well... I guess you can say that we're all living it today.

Sorry for the rant folks.

join