It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creature Found On A Beach In Saudi Arabia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What is this?

www.liveleak.com...

If it's fake, it looks awesome, if it's not... I can't help but to think some ufo crashed in the ocean and the alien head survived... kinda like a worm

Any thoughts!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A puffer fish?

newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe??

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Think it's a puffer fish.

(if thats the correct name)

It inflates itself up like a beachball, for defensive reasons i think.

Quite poisonous if i remember rightly, and a Japanese delicacy.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I know what this is. It is one of those new 3d water baloons they sell at walgreens, my kids all want one for Easter.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i thought it was a canteloupe or however you spell it till they did a close up and the mouth and eyes were moving...very weird..i dont think its electronic because they were throwing water on it and it was around the water, it would fry everything you'd think...it could be just a new fish of some sort?? deformed???

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I kept thinking "Why is it being called a creature, when it's obviously just a head?" Like a doll head or mask.

And then it blinked and the mouth moved, and I almost jumped from my chair!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I first thought it's a baloon or something like that. But i've never seen a baloon moving it's mouth or blinking. Strange.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Puffer fish . Still darn eire looking.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Definitely a puffer fish. I had one at a sushi joint once. Kills 1 in 10 i think... Anyway I lived and boy was it delicious.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I reall think it`s a doll`s head.
I regularly catch pufferfish when fishing and pufferfush dont have nostrils like that.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by johnjohn808]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As others have said.

Puffer fish:

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/516eddf5c365.jpeg[/atsimg]

Glenn Beck.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ok. It's a washed up puffer fish and this person in the video keeps splashing water on it. It might even be diseased. So what is the point of this video? Ok. Great. So now aliens are genetically manipulating life in the form of a head. That's gotta be a horrible reincarnation. Next thing you know your a head swimming around in the abyss.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It's a Pufferfish

BUT

It looks like a HUMAN FACE! Mouth moving, blinking and all...

God's creations are truly amazing...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sweet ass puffer fish.

The only edibile part is the size of your finger... the rest deadly...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yes, it only took me about Two Seconds to determine that the "Creature" in question is in fact a Puffer Fish. I have encountered many of these fish while both Snorkeling and SCUBA Diving in the Pacific Ocean before (Most notably around Hawaii, with the "Porcupine Pufferfish", and "White Spotted Pufferfish"). Lol, as a matter of fact, my Diving instructor had a pet Puffer Fish that would find her EVERY time she was in the water, and it swam with us for about 30 Minutes while she turned over rocks looking to hand it a snack. It even made little squeaking noises while looking me in the face lol, it was the most amazing thing that I had ever witnessed.

The species in this particular video appears to be the "Starry Pufferfish", which does in fact inhabit the Red Sea (Bordering Saudi Arabia to the West). The Red Sea is in fact an extremely sought after Diving Locale, due to the abundance of Reef activity there.

Here is some information on this particular species:

Classification
Class: Actinopterygii
Order: Tetraodontiformes
Family: Tetraodontidae
Genus: Arothron
Species: stellatus
Common Name: Starry Pufferfish

Description
The Starry Pufferfish is a very large box-shaped pufferfish. Adult Starry Pufferfish are white and covered with small black spots that become more numerous as the fish grows. Juveniles are orange with small black spots and diagonal black stripes across the belly that become spots as the fish matures.

Other Names
Giant Pufferfish, Starry Puffer

Size
length to 120cm

Environment
Adults are found on seaward reefs, coral slopes and lagoons. Juveniles are found in sandy and weedy inner reefs, sometimes over muddy sea floor and in estuaries. They swim from just below the surface to 58m deep.

Food
sea urchins, crustaceans, sponges, coral, algae.

Range
The Starry Pufferfish is found in tropical marine waters of the Indo-Pacific. In Australia it is found from the central coast of Western Australia, around Northern Territory, Queensland and south to the New South Wales central coast.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d2fb389312f.jpg[/atsimg]

Puffer Fish inhale Sea Water when threatened, in order to increase their size exponentially. This is done in the hopes that such an action will either scare away a potential predator, or at the very least make the predator think twice about attacking a larger fish.

new topics

top topics

join