It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close encounter of the 3rd kind!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'am 24 years old now. This incident happened when I was 18, so 6 years ago.

I woke up in the middle of the night, and looked at my digital clock. It said 5:30am on the dot. I then looked up and noticed a large round cage around my bed. On top of the cage was the thing, holding on to the cage like a kid on the monkey bars.

I squinted my eyes, you know trying to clear them out without using my hands. Then when I opened my eyes, the cage was gone. So I looked to my right side, and there on the floor was this thing. He was about 2 feet tall. He had that general "alien" shape head. His eyes were like perfect circles, and were white with a very small pupil. His nose was like a human's. His mouth was closed the whole time. He almosted looked like a 2ft baby on crack with big eyes. He was very skinny, and I think I remembered seeing a ribcage. His fingers were long and skinny. And he had 2 wings, which were not the same. They looked like two pieces of chicken cutlet. Seriously, they didn't look exactly alike, they were slightly different.

So now I'm seeing this thing, and I squinted my eyes again, because I just don't believe it. And the little thing starts to do it back at me! He starts to squint his eyes at me, mocking me! At which point I knew this is fricken real, or someone left a mirror next to my bed and I'm not as good looking as I thought. So as I realized that it's real I shouted, "Out Sata-!" I couldn't even get full word, "Satan" out because I felt it paralyzing me. I shouted that because I don't believe in aliens, but I do believe in demons. Till this day I still say it's a demon, but my encounter has a lot of things which other people have encountered.

Okay so now my eyes are closed shut, and I'm afraid to open them. Why? Because everytime I close them and open them this thing gets a little bit closer. I assumed if I opened them, he'd be on top of me. I tried moving my right leg slightly to see if I could move, and I couldn't. The only body part I think I could move was my eyelids, and I wasn't about to open them.

For what seemed like to be 10 minutes, I prayed hard to God. The thing wasn't doing anything to me for that time except keeping me paralyzed. I didn't feel any needles going in me or anything like that. So after what felt like to me to be 10 minutes, I began to feel my body being unparalyzed, slowly. I slowly regained my ability to move, and I opened my eyes. I looked at the digital clock, and it said 6:00am on the dot!!! It felt like 10 minutes to me but I was fighting with this thing for 30 minutes!!! At which point I did something I never thought I would ever do as a 18 year old... I cried for my mommy, "Maaaaa! Maaaa!" My brother who was sleeping in his bunk bed next to me shouted, "Shut the f*** up! I gotta go to school!" My mom ran in, and said, "What happened?" I told her, and she didn't care, thinking I probably had a bad dream or something.

At 18 years old, I then went to her bed, and layed there... freaked the heck out! Let me tell you something, when you see something like that, especially early in the day, you day is shot! That whole day was weird as hell. All I could think about was what happened. But the feeling faded away with the weeks, months, and years. But I still tell people the story, and collect other people's stories. Even though this happened to me, I actually call other people liars when they tell me their stories. It's hard to believe even to a believer! Like you, I don't expect you to believe it cause if I were you, I wouldn't... but it did happen. And it was the freakiest thing that ever happened to me.

For the record, I have no history of mental illnesses or skitsophernia(bad spelling I know), and neither does anyone in my family. I was NOT under the influence of any drugs when this happened.

Anyone know what happened to me?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Lucid Dream or Sleep Paralysis.

You only think this is a one liner.

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have had experiences like this before and they seem very vivid. However, it was just a dream for me. Looking at the clock and it is one time and what seems like a few minutes to just a few seconds pass and it can be hours later. Most of the time dreams come with these that are beyond vivid. I am not saying nothing happened but with what you have said and my own experiences this was just a dream.

But if you are still feeling something happened I would say looking into hypnotherapy or something like that to see if they can help you remember more of what happened.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
StallionHeart,
Do you recall feeling any sort of buzzing, humming or vibration before this event?

WG3

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

No, I don't remember any kind of buzzing or vibration.

I definetly wasn't sleeping since I recall my prayer, and what I was saying in my head. I mean, I was as awake as I'am now. If there was even the slightest chance that it was a dream, I wouldn't have freaked out. I would've dismissed it as a dream, and moved on.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
A faint hum or vibration often precedes a sleep paralysis event. I have experienced both and in my honest opinion, this was sleep paralysis. This is inevitably associated with a lucid abberation or dream. I realise you are absolutely sure you were not asleep/dreaming, but I'm equally confident in saying you were. During a sleep paralysis episode, the subject can be completely 'awake' in his mind, even to the extent of checking himself to be sure he's awake. All imagined. The bodily paralysis is typical of course, but the ability to open one's eyes is ambiguous and is equally imaginary. The eyes are actually closed and exhibiting REM. The subject confidently believes his eyes were open throughout. It's one of the weirdest phenomena you can experience, sometimes shaking you to the core in terms of what reality is all about. Some say the episodes are inter-dimensional shifts and in a sense they are right. Some people can find them life-changing if their experience contains something they can recognise and embrace. I'm also convinced that most abduction scenarios are associated with the phenomonen.

WG3

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The 'being unable to move part' of your account makes this almost definitely sleep paralysis.

It can seem very real and you are concious when it is happening but still experiencing hallucinations.

It can happen to absolutely anyone and while frightening is a completely normal phenomenon and not symptomatic of any kind of mental illness or brain condition.

I had my own experience at a similar age where I woke up to find I couldn't move. I thought I was being held down to the bed by lots of hands that had somehow erupted out of the mattress. It only lasted for a few seconds after which I sat bolt upright almost as if the 'hands' had released me. It was very scary but luckily I had read about sleep paralysis before so was able to put my mind at rest.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
A faint hum or vibration often precedes a sleep paralysis event. I have experienced both and in my honest opinion, this was sleep paralysis. This is inevitably associated with a lucid abberation or dream. I realise you are absolutely sure you were not asleep/dreaming, but I'm equally confident in saying you were. During a sleep paralysis episode, the subject can be completely 'awake' in his mind, even to the extent of checking himself to be sure he's awake. All imagined. The bodily paralysis is typical of course, but the ability to open one's eyes is ambiguous and is equally imaginary. The eyes are actually closed and exhibiting REM. The subject confidently believes his eyes were open throughout. It's one of the weirdest phenomena you can experience, sometimes shaking you to the core in terms of what reality is all about. Some say the episodes are inter-dimensional shifts and in a sense they are right. Some people can find them life-changing if their experience contains something they can recognise and embrace. I'm also convinced that most abduction scenarios are associated with the phenomonen.

WG3

i have to agree with you, on pretty much everything, i think your answer somes up his experience pretty good, unfortunately people who experience these unusual happenings always want to believe it was something more, just because it was intense.

can ya really blame'em?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Yeah I've started reading up on sleep paralysis, and lucid dreams since that guy mentioned it. And I think you're right. The symptoms all seem to be in order. If you haven't ever had this happen to you, though, I gotta tell you it's intense!

There's still one thing I don't understand, though. Why everyone seems to see the same thing or something similar? On most sites explaining sleep paralysis it says people can see all sorts of weird stuff... but most people describe the same thing. Upside down waterdrop shaped head, big eyes, skinny, etc. I read about how it's something inside everyone's brain, this true?

My theory is that perhaps what these beings are are ourselves, just with less skin. Make any sense? The large eyes are our large eye socket cavities. The two little dots the "aliens" have are just our small nose holes, etc.

P.S. Thanks for the replies.

new topics

top topics

join