It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity-B-Gone...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
No that specifically it couldn't, because you need something to attract to. Magnets attract but if you sit on a magnet and hold another magnet in front of you, you wont get drawn forwards.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
but what if you sit on top of the magnet and exert no force downwards as you are weightless?
you can have the two magnets underneath you too.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You aren't weightless. The magnet at the bottom is still pushing down with the added force of your weight.

If you could reach down and lift the bottom magnet up to achieve flight, then that would be a trick. But you cant.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
OMG! I forgot all about this post...

Here's my basic premise on how this should work:

I base all that is off of the fact that you have to have a contrast... a positive and a negative. These fluxuations are what keeps things within existence. I've been working on a "wave" theory for quite some time now, and have been having awesome success so far with it. Basically it needs no math to understand it. All you have to understand is the concept of positive and negative, and thus an equilibrium point, or what we call a 'singularity'. My theory puts a black hole as the last point that matter will exist in our universe, only to leak out the other side in another 'big bang' (big bang makes me laugh anymore!).

I found out that string theory is basically like my wave theory, but string theory still has one flaw... it has a starting point. The starting point is a big problem.

Ok, start with this as your guide:

Everything exists in nothing. It's hard to come to grips with, but a nuclear reaction, such as an atom bomb explosion, could contain an infinite number of universes that only exist for definite amount of time... their existence would be over so fast that we could never measure it... in fact, it's imeasureable. It doesn't exist because, as far as our perception of time, it exists in it's own singularity of time.

I should've actually started here, but that should get you in the depths fairly fast... ok, in reality, 0 can't exist. Nonexistence, to us, is just that... nonexistence to us. In reality, there is no such thing as "nothing". So, for this part 0=1, so I can illustrate this better. There is, in existence, only 1 and -1, or + and -. If there is positive and negative, there has to be equilibrium at some point or another. This is illustrated as 0 (1, 0, -1). A good visual way to illustrate this (and it's intended purpose) is the Mobius Strip. Although, the mobius is just a basic model of infinity, it's profile is what's key to understanding equilibrium.

A model that is obvious in the universe is a black hole. As everything gets crushed inside the singularity, it gets overpowered past the equilibrium point... which is infringing into part of my theory, so I won't go farther with that.

So, now that I've gotten way off base with this... everything is a dipole... it has a negative and a positive. Even energy... it moves in waves, up and down, from 1 to 0 to -1 and back. A positive particle, itself, has a positive and negative side. Anything that exists is going to show reactions to other things in existence. I believe it all has to break down to the way things 'resonate'... conflicting resonances are going to repel, resonances will fall into place much the same way that music works. Something that contains a bunch of resonances that all fit together may give off a 'harsh' resonance that will repel alot more than it will attract, thus your negative particle. Although having so many resonances makes it more likely that it is gonna be attracted by something else... it just depends on the circumstances.

So, with this idea you can see why I was wondering about this. I KNOW it's possible, no matter what Kano says... conventional physics are wrong... even the way we use math is wrong (although it works in sociological aspect, or rather it works to us like our physics suffice for us... just work on the positive, negative, equilibrium and you will see the flaw in math... and remember the fact that 'nothing' is a falicy).

Let's see what possibilities you can come up with from that.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
No that specifically it couldn't, because you need something to attract to. Magnets attract but if you sit on a magnet and hold another magnet in front of you, you wont get drawn forwards.

Man, that is some seriously flawed logic (Trust me... I'm being nice. I could rip apart many of your posts regarding scientific knowledge). IF you hold a magnet that is large enough to have significant effect, or rather has enough gravitational raction, to you, then you would be drawn from one to the other. If you just hold a small magnet in front and behind you, the damn things are so small that any gravitational effect is almost immeasurable. They've already levitated a frog in a artificial electro-gravitational field. You need to do some more research about magnetic flux, or just magnetism in general. Believe me, driver magnet specs aren't gonna tell you crap about magnetism (see? I'm at least trying to connect with you a bit here...).

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Earthscum, I realize that besides you and I there are MANY members here who doubt you Sound Levitation concept. To the point of labeling it out right B.S. Well, I say let them doubt, laugh and scoff all they want and continue to live in the Box. Meanwhile people like you will be busy uncovering the truth, manifesting your dreams and living and thinking outside the Box of Ignorance. (No offense to those who like living in the Prison Box of course!)

I wish I could say that I'm here to hand out the instructions on how it works or give a demonstration, but I can't. I am here to show that this IS possible and IS being taken serious. Also, since so many people around here only believe anything if it comes from so called 'official' sources, that is what I'll present.

Using Acoustic Levitation to Float Foams in Space
Dept. of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Boston University

In our experiments, we defy gravity by acoustically levitating foam drops. The levitation device consists of a vibrating surface (transducer) and a reflector that conspire to create a nacoustic valley'' in the air that suspends the drop without touching it. By varying the parameters of this ultrasonic acoustic wave, we can both levitate and squeeze the sample of foam, making it look like a flattened sphere.

www.acoustics.org...

Boston University Students 2002: Victor and FROP student Sally demonstrate the principles of acoustic levitation.
(In my opinion this photographer needs to try a little better next tiime!! What the hell is the point unless you get a good shot of the Experiment?)

Applied Acoustics & Electronics Laboratory, UEC:
Snapshot of the nearfield acoustic levitation. As you can see, an aluminium disk of 35mm in diameter and 0.5mm in thickness is actually levitated just above a piston source. The source aperture is 40mm in diameter.
ew3.ee.uec.ac.jp...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join