It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: Third Party Mutiny in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

(CNN) — Former House speaker Newt Gingrich is warning of a third party mutiny in 2012 if Republicans don’t figure out a way to shape up.

“If the Republicans can’t break out of being the right wing party of big government, then I think you would see a third party movement in 2012,” Gingrich said Thursday. The speech, to a group of students at the College of the Ozarks in Missouri, was recorded by Springfield TV station KY3.

But Gingrich, bemoaning President Barack Obama’s “monstrosity of a budget,” acknowledged that Republicans are partially to blame for the escalation in federal spending.

"Remember, everything Obama’s doing, Bush started last year,” he said. “If you’re going to talk about big spending, the mistakes of the Bush administration last year are fully as bad as the mistakes of Obama’s first two, three months.”

Gingrich told the students that the current governmental system “is so sick, so out of touch and so arrogant that you’re going to have a nationwide rebellion at the polls of people in both parties who are just fed up.”

“You can do a Facebook page, you can Twitter,” he said. “I Twitter right now and I think we’re at like, I don’t know, 18,000 or 20,000 thousand people that follow my Twitter, which I have to say I think is nuts. But there are ways to communicate, you’re not trapped by CBS news.”

Gingrich has repeatedly said that he will decide in early 2011 whether he plans to seek the White House in 2012.

Gingrich Warns of Third Party in 2012

Libertarians of the world, rejoice! Your day may finally come.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ok but *still* a Republican voting 3rd party might as well vote Democrat.

I think 3rd party will get a lot more votes next go around but not near enough to win an election. With all the disappointed Obama voters and the Repubs without a true candidate to vote for it's either going to be 3rd party or stay home.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Well, that's a shame. Honestly, I think a third party candidate is the only reqal hope for this country. I don't see where the Republicans or Democrats have done anything but screw up. I have said that for years. I am willing to give Obama a chance, and he hasn't done bad thus far, but we'll have to wait and see.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Voting for a third party is not the answer. Remember they are still politicians and when they get into office the real people behind the government are really in power. The third party candidate might fight a little harder against their rule but they always win in the end.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

No offense, but that is a defeatist attitude.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Voting for a third party is not the answer. Remember they are still politicians and when they get into office the real people behind the government are really in power. The third party candidate might fight a little harder against their rule but they always win in the end.

Yep, but there is not enough to stop these power mad freaks. They have too much power, and the info of the minority just keeps us going.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

It is my attitude about politicians. Once they get into power they change, breaking promises and allowing concessions for a smoother process of government. Not caring about the people just about reelection and the money they get from sponsors of their campaign.

Our government is flawed and needs a major overhaul back to the basics.

I'm not trying to be a downer, it's just the truth really sucks sometimes.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That's good news, though why wait for 2012?

A third party has a great opportunity coming in 2010!!

Get the ball rolling right now, make a dent in 2010, gain some limited foothold, then 2012's results can start the snowball effect

Changing the face of the government will be gradual, you cannot expect any new party to have immediate power, over a period of time though, if the third party remains true to their ideals, fights the good fight, and it will be a fight because the Dems/Reps will not lay down and if they see it as a legitimate threat both fix crosshairs on the third. It will look ugly at times but they must remain vigilant and trust that the people can see through the barage. Then there can be a new voice in Congress.

A hornet's nest...

We the People Party!

for the people, by the people

Vote third party 2010

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think if Ron Paul is still kicking in 2012 then the republican party will have a much better chance of winning with him running than they did McCain or so on .
Rather of having the trouble of getting a 3rd party off the ground and become wildly accepted.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Well, I can't argue with you there. You're right, the truth does suck at times. There is an old saying: "You can have one of two things in life. You can have truth or happiness; never both."

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
That's good news, though why wait for 2012?

A third party has a great opportunity coming in 2010!!

Get the ball rolling right now, make a dent in 2010, gain some limited foothold, then 2012's results can start the snowball effect

Changing the face of the government will be gradual, you cannot expect any new party to have immediate power, over a period of time though, if the third party remains true to their ideals, fights the good fight, and it will be a fight because the Dems/Reps will not lay down and if they see it as a legitimate threat both fix crosshairs on the third. It will look ugly at times but they must remain vigilant and trust that the people can see through the barage. Then there can be a new voice in Congress.

A hornet's nest...

We the People Party!

for the people, by the people

Vote third party 2010

BRILLIANT!! Id give you 10. everyone should Star this because this is the answer! good work chum start some threads when the new elections r coming up.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Another approach to a viable third party...

I would be wary of ANY former member of Congress attempting to be a part of a new third party, Gingrich and his cohorts probably see how angry the citizens are right now with BOTH of the current power parties in the US.

They feel threatened and actually see that there is a chance now for the third party, and they are trying to capitalize (or minimize), that opportunity.

My first thought was If you were to recruit most of the currently UNEMPLOYED citizens into a new movement to take back the country..

You would already have enough potential voters to make a striking change in 2010, you could also find some of the candidates within this pool of citizens as well.

I guarantee you that there would be some strong representatives within the ranks, untainted by the current political game.

Willing to serve a few years to try and turn the tables on the bought and paid for corporate cronies.

How many unemployed do we have in the US right now?

6+ million? more? That is alot of votes... A gamechanger IMO

The question we must find the answer to is HOW?

How do we gather the masses, the anger is there, the disgust is there, the mistrust is there, but it is unfocused.

How to focus this into a revolutionary movement to take back the government by ballots not bullets.

Ideas?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As of right now...the only registered Republican i would vote for is Ron Paul.

No other...not even close.

Gingrich..Romney...Huckabee...Guiliani...HELL NO.

They are just more of the same BS that we've been getting from Republicans for years.

I want ACTUAL CHANGE.

It's too bad followers of Hannity and O'Reilly will follow one of them...and disregard and discredit Paul once again.

Both of them tried to make RP look like a fool when he's the only candidate that was against the war.

Republican voices mislead and betray the very Conservatives that listen to them.

And I cannot stress this enough..

I HATE HANNITY!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yes, we do need to start in 2010 and elect a true independent for every seat. None of those independents can be a republican or democrat wannabe independent candidate. We need to quit recycling in the same people who contributed to this mess in the first place. If we did this, the dems and reps would have less power in Congress.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Gingrich..Romney...Huckabee...Guiliani...HELL NO.

!

Out of that group, I might consider Romney. The other three, NOPE.

top topics

join