It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merida Abduction? Physical Evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I apologize if this has already been posted but I could not find it here.

I am skeptical at the moment if it is true or not.

The reports suggest that three people David Espada, Jose Herrera and Adrian Torres were outside at around 1-2 a.m on March 20, 2005 in Merida Mexico. The video of the alleged event is provided below. Something is seen attempting to grab one of the boys, he runs and points it out to the others.

Some reports by the Newspaper Milenio claimed they had spoken to David Espada and Jose Herrera and they admitted it was a hoax.

However the newspaper was forced to print a retraction of the story when the interview the newspaper claimed to have conducted was learned to have never taken place.

I have not been able to independently confirm these News stories.

The third video allegedly claims a scientist investigating the spot where the supposed alien appeared has high traces of radiation. Also the scientist claims that the radiation is restricted to a specific point and is not affecting nearby plant or animal life.

Have any other investigations been conducted at this location?

(This would be an excellent UFO Hunters episode if they used a Geiger counter to show radiation levels.)

UFO info.com

Note: The error in the spelling of "which" and "confession" exists in the article and is not my fault.

Today the Milenio newspaper corrected its article published Tuesday about the Merida alien case, wich according to Sergio Valdez and Jorge Moreno was a hoax. Initially Valdez and Moreno declared that researcher Jaime Maussan was deceived by David Espada and Jose Herrera, main witnesses of the March 20, 2005 incident quoting an alleged confesion that turned out to be false.

The incident took place in March 20, 2005 and was investigated by Merida's researchers Emilio Cetz and Gustavo Aleman along with the research groups Vision OVNI and Asociacion Ufologica de Merida for several months.

Till this moment David Espada, Jose Herrera and Adrian Chala Torres, 19, 18 and 17 years old respectively continue sticking faithfully to their story and confirmed their testimonies before the press in Merida.

This Video shows only the Cell phone recording by the boys. Video 1:

These two videos discuss the first video and the scientists investigation. They were both posted by the same user. The videos do not have a part I part II name however it is easy to tell that they do match up when the last part of video two is played before video three.
Here is Video 2:

The scientists investigation is shown here. Video 3:

I have found this video, it appears to be a joke of the first. The similarities in location are striking. However, I cannot tell if these are the same people or not. These could be different people joking around after seeing the real video. Or it could be the smoking gun that this is just a hoax. Video 4:

This Article Shows BOTH sides of the debate It first shows that this could be a hoax but then presents evidence that it might not be.

Maussan says that Valdez Diaz told Daniel Barquet, a reporter for MILENIO, that the youths had mocked Maussan because they wanted to "get some dough" out of him and also because they wanted to pull the wool over his eyes. In stating this fact, notes the journalist, neither Barquet nor Valdez exhibit a single shred of proof or authoritative evidence.

Valdez Diaz and Daniel Barquet are accused of making up the story of the boys confession. The boys are accused of making up the story and producing the video.

Disclaimer: I do not claim that this is true or false. This could very easily be a hoax. I think that is likely especially after seeing that last video. However it is The allegations of physical evidence that interests me.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
hard to call, I saw this tube, about two years ago. I came to the conclusion, it was a lil grey as far as what I was seeing. Gotta think a lil about the video, some video taping two kids playing with a soccer ball at night, next to a lamp post with a devil hiding behind it. Not to mention for someone seeing a grey he handled it pretty well. I dunno, Its hard for me to believe it, especially when I try to interpret how FEAR would come into play when a actual being NOT from earth would be interpreted by our human minds. hard to describe on a message board without someone's feathers ruffled. Sometimes in order to have such deep conversations its best to do so in person sitting at a table or sitting at the bar with a beer, and a laugh as well.. Honestly I don't think its real, but I dunno, not enough proof, and its not something that is familiar with my experiences.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I believe it to be a hoax, the alien someone in costume. The pole is much larger than it appears in the video, it can easily hide a normal-sized human adult. There is a video demonstrating this (at work right now, so I will not be able to post it until later.)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I agree someone could hide behind the pole if it was filmed at the correct angle.

However as shown in Video 2 from 7:10-7:39 the alleged aliens arm is far too long to be human. Therefore I assume that the video, if it is a hoax, is CGI.

If high levels of radiation exist at that location as they claim that would be something. Physical evidence will trump witness testimony and fuzzy video anytime.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The only problem I have with the CGI explanation is the location in which this was filmed. I don't know of many good CGI artists in Mexico. They aren't exactly the most technologically advanced country on earth. I'm sure that not many CGI experts are citizens of this nation. They are still basically a 2nd world country.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
The only problem I have with the CGI explanation is the location in which this was filmed...

I did not mention anything about CGI. Weird...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

I agree someone could hide behind the pole if it was filmed at the correct angle.

However as shown in Video 2 from 7:10-7:39 the alleged aliens arm is far too long to be human. Therefore I assume that the video, if it is a hoax, is CGI.

If high levels of radiation exist at that location as they claim that would be something. Physical evidence will trump witness testimony and fuzzy video anytime.

I mentioned CGI, maybe the your reply to button was pressed by mistake.

What scares me is a newspaper (The Milenio) printed a story saying the boys had been interviewed and admitted it was a hoax. Later they were forced to admit they never even spoke to the boys. Why would a newspaper be so eager to declare this a hoax?

Does anyone know of any further research into the high levels of radiation claimed to have been found at this location?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Hmm... I can tell you that the hoax video came long after the original, not sure if that helps or not but they shouldn't be lumped together as the kids spoofing it were just doing it for fun.

I watched a show on it once and the researcher definately finds loads of radiation in the spot where the alledged being was seen. These kids were on TV in Mexico and everything.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

Oh, I was not aware what the time difference was between when the two videos were made.

Do you remember the name of the T.V program about it? I'd like to see it.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Studious]

top topics

join