It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove on Obama: The President Is 'Keeping Score'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If there is any political person that is more controversial than Karl Rove...it might be Rush Limgaugh. Perhaps Limbaugh's extremely distasteful comment today(Vulgar Rush Limbaugh ) needed cover. Rove to his rescue?

"Don't think we're not keeping score, brother." That's what President Barack Obama said to Rep. Peter DeFazio in a closed-door meeting of the House Democratic Caucus last week, according to the Associated Press.

A few weeks ago, Mr. DeFazio voted against the administration's stimulus bill. The comment from Mr. Obama was a presidential rebuke and part of a new, hard-nosed push by the White House to pressure Congress to adopt the president's budget. He has mobilized outside groups and enlisted forces still in place from the Obama campaign.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Maybe He needs to realize We are keeping score too.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

"Don't think we're not keeping score, brother." That's what President Barack Obama said to Rep. Peter DeFazio

So much for the messiah's promise to bring people together, not that I ever believed anything he said. However, I'd like to see some of his supporters tell me how this type of Chicago style bullying is the real "change" he promised. If Obama is using the tactics of a Chicago political thug on his own party, imagine his "bipartisan" style.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Reply to button does not work!

Professor Emeritus, yes...imagine. I thought this article was interesting...
I really despise Rove, but this was the only source I could find on
Obama's comment about keeping score...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Let us not forget this little statement made by Obama back in January. Foreshadowing??

During his private meeting with congressional Democrats and Republicans on Friday, President Obama ended a philosophical debate over tax policy with the simple declaration that his opinion prevailed because "I won."

His two simple words now speak volumes as to the nature of this president.

He may be able to bully congressmen but he apparently lost out to those in the G 20 today. Apparently his bully talk leading up to the meeting fell upon deaf ears.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
He may be able to bully congressmen but he apparently lost out to those in the G 20 today. Apparently his bully talk leading up to the meeting fell upon deaf ears.

Yes many of us saw it coming...and Obama did give it away on April 2, 2009. What a set up...creation of the Financial Stability Board at the G20 Summit is the step that leads us to Integration with the European Union! Essentially with the creation of this Action Plan and the FSB as outlined below, The U. S. is now no longer autonomous, The U.S. will have to answer to all the G20 Nations...
Explained here:
U.S. Takes a Back Seat to the G20!?

15. To this end we are implementing the Action Plan agreed at our last meeting, as set out in the attached progress report. We have today also issued a Declaration, Strengthening the Financial System. In particular we agree:

• to establish a new Financial Stability Board (FSB) with a strengthened mandate, as a successor to the Financial Stability Forum (FSF), including all G20 countries, FSF members, Spain, and the European Commission;

• to endorse and implement the FSF's tough new principles on pay and compensation and to support sustainable compensation schemes and the corporate social responsibility of all firms.

The new Financial Stability Board could be seen as an embryonic global watchdog – or as another slow-moving collection of regulators. The attack on "rewards for failure" comes straight from the court of world public opinion, although as usual there are few specifics. Tax havens also come under attack but what the "sanctions" primed by the G20 will be remain to be seen.
license.icopyright.net...

Obama Plans U.S. Integration with European Union

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

His two simple words now speak volumes as to the nature of this president.

Agreed. This certainly shows he's no different from the "Decider-GWB". Somehow, it seems that instead of Presidents, we've got dictators, who, along with Congress do whatever they want, regardless of what the citizens want.

Now Obama refuses to take back TARP money from companies that want to pay the money back to the US Treasury. What does that tell you? It tells you that he really wants to take over the companies, not let them get back on their feet.

online.wsj.com...

* APRIL 4, 2009

Obama Wants to Control the Banks

There's a reason he refuses to accept repayment of TARP money.

The government wants to control the banks, just as it now controls GM and Chrysler, and will surely control the health industry in the not-too-distant future. Keeping them TARP-stuffed is the key to control. And for this intensely political president, mere influence is not enough. The White House wants to tell 'em what to do. Control. Direct. Command.

It is not for nothing that rage has been turned on those wicked financiers. The banks are at the core of the administration's thrust: By managing the money, government can steer the whole economy even more firmly down the left fork in the road.

If the banks are forced to keep TARP cash -- which was often forced on them in the first place -- the Obama team can work its will on the financial system to unprecedented degree. That's what's happening right now.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Also IMHO...Obama was testing the waters with his "behest" for G.M. CEO to step down...

The Obama administration asked Rick Wagoner, the chairman and CEO of General Motors, to step down and he agreed, a White House official said.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Also IMHO...Obama was testing the waters with his "behest" for G.M. CEO to step down...

You're right. No question about it. He has the MSM eating out of his hand, and there was barely a whimper about the ax he swung.

This is exactly what Hitler did in the 1930's He put puppets in charge of German Industry, to do exactly what he wanted them to do. The industries became nothing more than another arm of the Nazi government.

My god, has this country learned nothing from the mistakes of history?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
My god, has this country learned nothing from the mistakes of history?

I seriously doubt it...many people do not even care about history.
I think we are at the end of an era...

top topics

join