It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Hour (PICTURES)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here is a link to my favourite photo-blog that I also seem to keep posting! This time it's some lovely pictures of Earth Hour.

Many of the images allow you to click to get a 'before' and 'after' effect.

All images here

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Nice pictures...

I didn't participate in this hogwash because I don't believe in Global Warming or anything having to do with our environment being harmed by humans.

The only reason GW is happening is because the PTB are creating it so that our children will think they need to worry about power and its effect on the environment. Thereby losing the right to burn wood, control their own thermostat and use vehicles that run on magnetic power.

They have and have had the ability to give us clean and free energy for years, yet they make us pay for energy that supposedly causes GW. Their lack of prevention prevents me from following their rhetoric and i therefore use common sense....

I turned on the lights and actually turned on the heat to bring the house upto 16deg Celsius during this time.... Just to protest the fact...

rgds

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
*awkward silence*

Uh, I loved Earth Hour?
It was good.

Global Warming is horrible,

and uh, that's about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I thought it was rather sad.

All the achievements of man ... all the production ... all the creations .... going silent and dark. It seems to be humanity in suicide drive and going backwards instead of creating and going forwards.

I'm all for conservation ... but it seemed sad to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether

Nice pictures...

I didn't participate in this hogwash because I don't believe in Global Warming or anything having to do with our environment being harmed by humans.

The only reason GW is happening is because the PTB are creating it so that our children will think they need to worry about power and its effect on the environment. Thereby losing the right to burn wood, control their own thermostat and use vehicles that run on magnetic power.

They have and have had the ability to give us clean and free energy for years, yet they make us pay for energy that supposedly causes GW. Their lack of prevention prevents me from following their rhetoric and i therefore use common sense....

I turned on the lights and actually turned on the heat to bring the house upto 16deg Celsius during this time.... Just to protest the fact...

rgds

i could not agree more.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
kumbya my lord, kumbya!

The only thing Earth Hour achieved was making millions of liberals worldwide feel very good about themselves. Feelings are very important to liberals. Instead of Earth Hour, it should have been called Liberal Feel Good Hour.

"Do it for the Earth" is getting as old as "Do it for the Children" But there are always suckers that will fall for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

well put. i was at work and on the radio during that day they kept mentioning earth hour and i kept rolling my eyes. its sickening how far and wide the propaganda spreads, and people just eat it all up.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm confused, I thought all those lights were supposed to be turned off for Earth hour. in almost all those pictures the lights were still blazing!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You know I never heard of this until the next day! I wish I had known about it. I was at work and well they never would have done this. I think it's a neat idea. The pics were pretty cool esp the before and after affect. Thanks for the pics!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wow, there's a lot of hate on this thread. Seems like you're just trolling for an argument...

Anyway, whether you believe in global warming or not, there's absolutely no reason we should be wasting money on powering these huge commercial facilities like this. There's no real purpose to lighting up these buildings that much.

Something else I find interesting is, while comparing these images it doesn't appear that the residential areas participated much. Pretty cool pictures though!

[edit on 3.30.2009 by Avarus]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Some great pictures there.

As for the subject - complete nonsense, even the name of it "Earth Hour" grates on me. Im sure theres some misinformed would be liberals out there who think they genuinely made a difference and can go about feeling all good about themselves for a week or two.

Id heard of it a few weeks ago but had no idea it had actually occured until the next day. Had I known I would have definately had the outside lights blazing both front and back, if only to raise a tut from my lefty neighbours.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I meant to be a part of this but then I woke up and thought don't believe in global warming destroying the world so I didn't do it. Anyone who did good for you hopefully you thought it through and chose to do it if you didn't think it though please don't send any more puppet ideas my way.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I probably should have stated my thoughts on this also.

1) I loved the photo's hence I posted them - it was quite surreal to see some of these huge structures dimmed.
2) I don't believe in global warming - it's a big scam to invent a new currency (carbon trading).
3) Yes, if you think on how much they probably spent on earth hour then its an utter waste of money - you can do far better spending the money on things like LED lighting technology etc. etc. I dont agree with wasting energy but it has nothing to do with 'climate' change because that's happening and being caused by something far greater than us.

I just like the photos.

;0)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terces Pot Evoba
I'm confused, I thought all those lights were supposed to be turned off for Earth hour. in almost all those pictures the lights were still blazing!

Did you click the pics?

I though it the pics were amazing. I don't however, see the need for these structures to be lit as they are 24/7. That, in my opinion, is a waste of electricity.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think most of those places looked better without all the extra light..its amazing how much more subtle detail and natural lighting comes out when all the 'extra' lights are turned off.

Nice pictures..thanks for posting that

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Instead of doing it for a pathetic hour, why not .... PERMANENTLY?

As any astronomer will know, there is far too much light pollution (all sources) and that this lot is totally unneccessary.

I thought it was funny that The Strip dimmed its lights - their power source is the HYDRO-ELECTRIC Hoover Dam!! No CO2 there!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If they really did care, wouldn't this be the norm, rather than just for an hour? Seems hypocritical to me, to tell the truth. Although, I've noticed a lot of the climate change people are hypocrites themselves. So, I guess this goes right along with them.

[edit on 4/5/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

top topics

join