It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abe Lincoln - Hero or Zero?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I've heard conflicting reports as to whether he was a true champion of Human Rights, or simply less racist than other people of his time.

I've never really idolized the man, even if I'm happy he existed because without him slavery wouldn't have ended as soon as it did.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Off topic: You are all over the map tonight. From discovering time travel to the real Abe Lincoln....

On topic: I have recently been pondering the same question. I have a very difficult time trusting anyone in politics and I can't help but think that Lincoln has been glorified throughout history, where the reality can't possibly line up with what we have been told.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of
corruption in High Places will follow, and the Money Power of the Country will
endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the People, until
the wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic is destroyed."
-Abraham Lincoln

Lincoln tried to get the U.S. away from the Central Banks that the Founding Fathers warned us about. Andrew Jackson and JFK had similar ideologies. Lincoln and JFK were killed for their troubles. They tried to get Jackson as well but the pistols misfired.

Interesting side note, Andrew Jackson was not only against the Central Bank but also was the only president to eliminate the National Debt. Richard Lawrence, the would be assassin was never punished for his crime and was deemed insane.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by DrZERO]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Ive never really rated Abraham Lincoln, theres something about his name that smells jewsih to me........No offence if youre Jewish, but still.

But saying that ive just been reading about him trying to oblish the fed bank, and not wanting the Rothcilds to do what they did to England during the Napolionc war IE funding both sides for there own gain during the Amercian cival war, and that may be why he was killed?

So im probly wrong. But i dont like polotitions, im just forced to vote for the "better" out the bunch

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

IMHO...no man is perfect, Lincoln was a good man. This theory seems very plausible...

This theory is that Abraham Lincoln was killed as a result of his monetary policies. John Wilkes Booth would be seen as a hired gun. In its simplest terms, the theory is that Lincoln needed money to finance the Civil War. Bankers in Europe led by the Rothschilds offered him loans at high interest rates. Rather than accept the loans, Lincoln found other means to fund the war effort. More importantly, the British bankers opposed Lincoln's protectionist policies. Some Englishmen in the 1860's believed that "British free trade, industrial monopoly and human slavery travel together." Lincoln's policies after the Civil War would have destroyed the Rothschilds' commodity speculations. After the war, Lincoln planned a mild Reconstruction policy which would have enabled a resumption of agriculture production. The Rothschilds were betting the other way on high prices caused by a tough Reconstruction policy toward the South. Lincoln was viewed as a threat to the established order of things, and he was assassinated as a result. The goal was to weaken the United States so the Rothschilds could takeover its economy. An article titled "The Rothschilds' International Plot to Kill Lincoln" was published October 29, 1976, in New Solidarity.

Compilation of Conspiracy Theorys about Lincoln's Assasignation

[edit on 30-3-2009 by burntheships]

new topics

top topics

join