It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Implant Conspiracy (BIC)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Have TPTB created BREAST IMPLANTS in order to promote within our society and civilization the idea of what a "good" breast looks like? Or is there something even deeper?

Can we see a flaw in us, with this idea?

Even if it's not TOTALLY GOOD, is it just about ONE ASPECT - SIZE?

Do women, AND MEN? prefer a LARGE MISSHAPED BREAST more than a NATURAL SHAPEN ONE?

Why, exactly, is this?

Why not a small NATURAL-SHAPED breast, instead of a large MISSHAPEN one?

Did someone create a breast implant because someone wanted one, or did people want a breast implant AFTER it was created?

Example, nobody right now would chop of their arm to get a better arm implant.. because none exists. People only get arm replacements AFTER THEY LOSE THEIR ARMS.

However, once a better arm exists, people should be lining up to get a replacement for their arms - just like they line up to get replacements for their breasts!

It's just like GPS and TRACKING SYSTEMS.

The General Population WANTS THEM after they have been created. We all know about the rice size implants which can track you. They are marketed to PROTECT you, just like BREAST IMPLANTS are marketed to MAKE YOU BEAUTIFUL - these are both POSITIVE things, aren't they?

Who wants an XBOX 2880, or a Playstation 26 right now? Everyone who just read it does! But before you heard about it, you didn't want it.

What are we going to do about this?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

I doubt there's a real conspiracy behind breast implants. The whole "bigger the better" attitude with breasts likely has a lot to do with our evolution, it might have even come about before we were "humans". At some point male apes realized a benefit to mating with females with larger or well-formed mammary glands and through generations and generations of further evolution this became encoded into our instincts as greater attraction to that trait. At least, that would be my theory...

Now this instinct is having negative repercussions by causing women psychological distress about their appearance 24/7 and surgeons trying to make a buck invent a solution, breast augmentation. See these instincts help a species survive but human beings have grown comfortable and complacent in the so called "civilized" world, so instincts like this attraction to larger breasts or even things like the Fight or Flight response actually become a problem.

I do think that we take our obsession with what we perceive as beautiful to strange lengths though, and the basic instinctual rules of attraction are in conflict with what the media and society tell us, so on that level perhaps you are right about a "conspiracy". Make-up, aging cream, and plastic surgery are all ways in which this obsession with beauty is played out. Its all over, magazines, television, but I doubt it has much to do with the PTB.

Course, then again, I could be wrong, the Global Elite might have masterminded this whole breast implant business

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Do women, AND MEN? prefer a LARGE MISSHAPED BREAST more than a NATURAL SHAPEN ONE?

I imagine the first one was made for a mastectomy patient. Some surgeon saw dollar signs and figured out a way to exploit the sense of inadequacy that society imposes on people.

I don't know if I'd call it a conspiracy, but I do think it stinks.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't see it. It just seems like too much of an extension of history's list of female "modifications" to reach beauty.

I'd be much more inclined to agree if you had said bra instead of implants. As I've always said, "The bra is the first lie a woman will ever tell you."

That being said, like all things, they can be used for good or ill. Pretty simple.

If TPTB really had come up with something detrimental, it would be the idea of "self-esteem". That is a more ridiculous and far-reaching thing, of which breast implants is simply a small subset.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Exactly. Fake boobs aren't actually big boobs. They're just a facade. They don't really have many of the same characteristics of naturally large breasts at all, other than 'volume'. They don't look right, feel right or react to physics correctly.

I prefer voluptuous women but I'd rather be with a flat-chested gal than one who thinks I'll like her better with lumps of plastic wedged barbarically under her skin. It really is a psychological thing for me; if your self esteem is so low that something like that will actually make you feel better about yourself then your flat chest is probably low on the list of real problems you have.

One of my worst nightmares is that I'll go home with some girl and only after it's too late, find out she has "augmentations". I swear it would cause me to be unable to 'perform'.

Unlikely though, I've gotten pretty good at spotting bogus boobies, and they're not very popular in the circles I travel in anyway.

Apologies to any 'enhanced' members of the female contingent here at ATS.

[Edit to change the word "mass" to "volume" - 'mass' was inaccurate.]

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Teratoma]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I have had my eye on this conspiracy for some time now. The truth is, few people are aware of the dimensions of the problem. Some believers say they have a solid, well-rounded case and complain that some of the newer theories being offered up are too flexible and malleable. Younger investigators, on the other hand, insist their evidence is firm.

Some senior conspirators complain that interest in exposing the malefactors is sagging and that mainstreamers are actively repelled by their evidence; any attempt to go public with the matter raises cries of outrage and disgust.

Besides,

We all know about the rice size implants which can track you. They are marketed to PROTECT you, just like BREAST IMPLANTS are marketed to MAKE YOU BEAUTIFUL - these are both POSITIVE things, aren't they?

The OP doesn't know the half of it. They have RFID chips in breast implants these days.

Star! Flag!

[edit on 30/3/09 by Astyanax]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
Have TPTB created BREAST IMPLANTS in order to promote within our society and civilization the idea of what a "good" breast looks like? Or is there something even deeper?

Can we see a flaw in us, with this idea?

Even if it's not TOTALLY GOOD, is it just about ONE ASPECT - SIZE?

Why, exactly, is this?

Why not a small NATURAL-SHAPED breast, instead of a large MISSHAPEN one?

Did someone create a breast implant because someone wanted one, or did people want a breast implant AFTER it was created?

Example, nobody right now would chop of their arm to get a better arm implant.. because none exists. People only get arm replacements AFTER THEY LOSE THEIR ARMS.

However, once a better arm exists, people should be lining up to get a replacement for their arms - just like they line up to get replacements for their breasts!

It's just like GPS and TRACKING SYSTEMS.

The General Population WANTS THEM after they have been created. We all know about the rice size implants which can track you. They are marketed to PROTECT you, just like BREAST IMPLANTS are marketed to MAKE YOU BEAUTIFUL - these are both POSITIVE things, aren't they?

Who wants an XBOX 2880, or a Playstation 26 right now? Everyone who just read it does! But before you heard about it, you didn't want it.

What are we going to do about this?

Society decides what nice breasts look like, because were naturally attracted to them. Nice size and perfect shape reflects good health and naturally males are looking for the healthiest, most beautiful women to carry their seed.

Just nature, no conspiracy..

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
reply to post by EnlightenUp

It really is a psychological thing for me; if your self esteem is so low that something like that will actually make you feel better about yourself then your flat chest is probably low on the list of real problems you have.

Besides that, I feel similarly for the exact opposite cases as well that would turn and do the unthinkable.

Yeah, I have to make things myself for my girlfriend but it's worth it in my view. She bumped her shoulder once, it was sore and healing. While shopping she moved and said "ouch" and there happened to be a plastic surgeon standing there who immediately started pressuring her to get a reduction without any questions suggesting it was her anatomy at fault. She has no difficulties besides fitting clothing (really, such women are suggested into there being greater problems but fortunately she's a confident, strong person-- which I truely love about her-- and doesn't fall for the B.S.).

In short, the industry will be on it to convince you that somethings wrong with you no matter what end you start on or ever what you've already had done in order to collect funds from expensive surgery. It's really just greed at work trying to make everyone feel insecure.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Nice size and perfect shape reflects good health and naturally males are looking for the healthiest, most beautiful women to carry their seed.

That's just it. Surgeons may have control over 'size', but the shape of these abominations is far from 'perfect'. There is nothing healthy about them, not even the way they look, and "beautiful" is the part that I have trouble with. Maybe - just maybe - in a perfectly lighted STILL photo, in the right position, from a certain angle, they may resemble something like 'beauty'.

It just goes to show how shallow the men that are fooled by them (or don't care) are, I guess. The surgeons are exploiting them too. Therein lies the 'conspiracy'. Like I said, the only similarity between a lump of silicone and a 'healthy' mammary is the space it might take up. So why does it still work (as an attractor of potential suitors)? Something tells me the quality of the relationships spawned by this ruse is just as artificial. The phrase "garbage in - garbage out" comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I applaud the American president for removing his predecessor's ill-advised restrictions on stem-cell research, because, well, stems cells to be used to grow bigger breasts.

The future is bigger and bouncier. And more 'natural', too, whatever that means.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma

Nice size and perfect shape reflects good health and naturally males are looking for the healthiest, most beautiful women to carry their seed.

That's just it. Surgeons may have control over 'size', but the shape of these abominations is far from 'perfect'. There is nothing healthy about them, not even the way they look, and "beautiful" is the part that I have trouble with. Maybe - just maybe - in a perfectly lighted STILL photo, in the right position, from a certain angle, they may resemble something like 'beauty'.

It just goes to show how shallow the men that are fooled by them (or don't care) are, I guess. The surgeons are exploiting them too. Therein lies the 'conspiracy'. Like I said, the only similarity between a lump of silicone and a 'healthy' mammary is the space it might take up. So why does it still work (as an attractor of potential suitors)? Something tells me the quality of the relationships spawned by this ruse is just as artificial. The phrase "garbage in - garbage out" comes to mind.

Your referring to what is commonly known as "stripper tits". D's and monstrous C's are often not the most handsome devils you'll come in contact with. But those are for girls with the patented tramp stamp on their lower back, and bleach blond hair on their dome.

I know a few girls that I went to school with, that just had very small breasts, they were all athletic girls with beautiful bodies, but they always just felt their breasts were too small. They got breast augmentation to increase their size to full b's. If you didn't know, you would NEVER assume they had implants, EVER. It was something that just made them feel better, and these are girls that do not have self esteem problems.

But, I also know a girl that got stripper tits, and she is the picture of low self esteem, and "I need a psychologist" behavior. She got large D's, and enjoys her tramp stamp and being with new men every weekend. Her breasts, are actually fairly ugly to look at, not to mention she is constantly shoving them out as if someones got a knife to her lower back.

But, those who stay in the realm of simple augmentation I do not believe have issues. The real world examples that I have experienced literally speak for themselves. Additionally, women do not go just to have their breasts enlarged, reshaping, nipple proportion and overall breast symmetry is perfected.

To say that all breasts implants are unhealthy looking is a bit ignorant in my opinion. But I do know what you're saying if you're referring to my stripper tits comment.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I came across my first implant interaction years ago and they were anything but real in all the physics mentioned in prior reply.

Between the feel, look and tell tale scars, everything changed that night. Within the wraps of dress, they appeared majestic, but at face value, they were a frankenstein of a thing.

I also have a neice that has back problems and has talked of reductions for awhile now. She has trouble with clothing and back issues, but she has never received a traffic infraction, and when waitressing as a teen, made more money in tips than I would have expected.

Another friend of ours had cancer and both breasts reconstructed.
She has had nothing but problems with hers. Within three weeks of the procedure, one burst and after repairs, it happened again, and a third time.
Scary?
A story like this needs dueling banjo's playing in the background.

Another neice has had inplants for cosmetic reasons only.
She has 4 kids and although I have not inspected hers before or after, the descriptions I have heard made me visualize what the originals looked like and having seen what I would interpret as similar to the described originals,
I would have to agree that even if inplants were like hard plastic, they would still be a 10 fold improvement over the originals - (as far as I would be concerned; reserving thanks that I am not concerned)

My woman will be a candidate for reconstructive surgery down the road having had a mastectomy last year, and rather than matching her intact breast, she has let her oncologist and surgeon know that she wants D's in an outgoing and in no uncertain terms statement stating, and I quote "After all of this, I'm getting something out of it"

At which point they look at me as one may look at a man walking in with a woman with a black eye, as if I am guilty of some wrong doing - but, that story is for another time.

I however have not been able to convince her otherwise, and have not influenced her decision in any way. I am in opposition for, the originals are/were full and perfectly shaped. I am not going to debate it though because she has been through alot and if that helps her recovery by even gifing greater confidence, then the potential negative emotions would be held at bay improving spiritual and mind recovery and being positive is a major part of the battle. I've seen her feeling both and empathy doesn't really make me feel very helpful the few times low moments come over her spirit.

I haven't done any shopping or feature comparisons, but I do hope that todays inplants have been improved from those of the last decades, should she go through with her plan

[edit on 30-3-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

...they always just felt their breasts were too small. They got breast augmentation to increase their size to full b's. ...It was something that just made them feel better, and these are girls that do not have self esteem problems.

I find this statement to be contradictory.

To say that all breasts implants are unhealthy looking is a bit ignorant in my opinion. But I do know what you're saying if you're referring to my stripper tits comment.

Fair enough, some may be 'tasteful' enough to stand up
to visual scrutiny, but I do not think any could pass the feel test. This is moot because I hope to remain blissfully ignorant* about the latter.

Still, I appreciate your representation of the other side of the debate.

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

...At which point they look at me as one may look at a man walking in with a woman with a black eye, as if I am guilty of some wrong doing.

Yeesh, I feel for ya, man. Have you mentioned what I quoted above to her? This is something I'd hate to be surprised to find out about my wife; if you can't tell from what I've posted so far, I've put a considerable amount of thought into this subject already. It's fundamentally important for me to hash stuff like this out early in my relationships, and if I found out I was dating someone that disagreed with me on matters like this, it would probably be a deal-breaker. You have my sympathies.

* Hopefully it's not against the T&Cs to claim to be going against the ATS motto - it was just an expression.

[edit to add footnote]

[edit on 3/30/2009 by Teratoma]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I can't quite decide how I feel about this subject. On one hand, I think "Absolutely! It's a conspiracy to get us all even more obsessed with our breasts and appearance in general, and we won't notice what's really going on...", and then I consider...

Society decides what nice breasts look like, because were naturally attracted to them. Nice size and perfect shape reflects good health and naturally males are looking for the healthiest, most beautiful women to carry their seed.

This seems to be the problem. Women don't really get implants for men, but for wother women, not in a sexual way, but in a competitive way. It's all about who can be more attractive and more powerful, and breasts mean power to a woman. Maybe this is why they are so often quoted as a reason for low self esteem among women who want implants...they feel powerless. As far as conspiracy theory goes, I'm not sure...implants could be a way to empower women and allow them to have the bodies they want, but they also could be a distraction...a way of occupying us with the most superficial obsession possible while something much more important is going on around us, and we're not seeing it. This feels more likely to me.

Personally, I can't imagine ever wanting them, even if I needed them. They don't feel or move right, and I have real difficulty even imagining how it would feel to have part of yourself made of silicone by choice. Weird indeed. God, I just don't know...why would there be a conspiracy to make women feel better about themselves....? It all seems so contradictory. Unless there's something in the silicone we don't know about........

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
For me, proof is in the pudding. I have real life examples, in fact 5 to be percise. 4 of those girls I knew for a long time before, and after their augmentations. None of those 4 were the self consumed type, none of them had low self esteem in any facet of their lives.

For them though, being completely flat made them feel as if they were out of the norm. They didn't add balloons for attention, they simply wanted to be in the norm.

And as I said, the 5th example I know of, is the absolute flip side of the coin. But to sit on the other end of a computer and judge people without seeing the whole situation is arrogant and does nothing to support your views on this forum.

That said, if you still don't know what I mean, imagine your penis was on your chest, perhaps after awhile you may want to have it a bit bigger eh??

It's not these girls fault that they do not feel adequate in society, it's societies fault. They're just dealing with.

Edit. Oh yah, and this is a chicken and egg situation, breast augmentation didnt come along one day and decide what a breast was, they based what they changed on what society wanted. Don't forget that, it is NOT the other way around.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by king9072]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I have real life experience too. It is what I've drawn from to come to these conclusions. I say the same things with this keyboard that I do in a face to face conversation, or behind a mike on-stage with my band.

For them though, being completely flat made them feel as if they were out of the norm.

How is this not a self-esteem issue? Since boobies come in all shapes and sizes, the "norm" is going to be different for every person. Someone who feels they are "abnormal" (which is by definition what you are saying) because they feel the natural body they were born with is proportioned in a way that needs to be artificially "enhanced" is suffering from a lack of self-esteem. No matter what brush you try to paint it with.

I also never said that having low-self esteem would ever be anyone's "fault". It's society that gets to certain people in these ways.

And I've also heard your analogy before. My band's manager wanted to hire a model with implants for photos of our t-shirts, baby-dolls and thongs on our website. They were normal-looking, not "stripper-tits", but I nixed the idea on principle. She took it badly, and tried to say that if I could "enhance" my male member somehow that I'd be asking where to sign. I laughed in her face. [edit to add: I'm average or maybe even below in this department, and where it's positioned on my body doesn't matter. When it makes its first impressions is when it counts, so I fail to see your logic.]

I've been dealing with society and the individuals therein trying to make me feel inadequate for various reasons my whole life. I have learned to deal with it in ways that didn't involve anything as extreme as expensive cosmetic tampering. All I'm trying to say is that I find like-minded females more attractive than ones who choose to go that route. Flat chests and all. I haven't "judged" anyone. This is not a who's right, who's wrong issue, it's about preference.

Like I said, I appreciate hearing the other side of the debate, but using loaded terminology like "ignorant" and "arrogant" is doing nothing for your point of view. I might be a little bit arrogant, but I'm not ignorant, and I'm certainly not beyond learning a thing or two and changing my mindset. I haven't read anything here that has come remotely close to doing that, though. So since I'm not convincing you either, let's just agree to disagree.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by Teratoma]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I doubt there's a real conspiracy behind breast implants. The whole "bigger the better" attitude with breasts likely has a lot to do with our evolution, it might have even come about before we were "humans". At some point male apes realized a benefit to mating with females with larger or well-formed mammary glands and through generations and generations of further evolution this became encoded into our instincts as greater attraction to that trait. At least, that would be my theory...
[edit on 29-3-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

Actually mammary glands are roughly the same size for every women. What changes is the amount of fat on breasts, that determines the size of it. So I don't believe it ever had any evolutionary advantage.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by seb2882

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
At some point male apes realized a benefit to mating with females with larger or well-formed mammary glands and through generations and generations of further evolution this became encoded into our instincts as greater attraction to that trait. At least, that would be my theory...

Actually mammary glands are roughly the same size for every women. What changes is the amount of fat on breasts, that determines the size of it. So I don't believe it ever had any evolutionary advantage.

The advantage is that it made them desirable. Evolution is all about differential rates of reproduction, and you can't breed till you've done the deed.

Female human breasts may be an example of a special kind of natural selection called sexual selection

Darwin defined sexual selection as the effects of the 'struggle between the individuals of one sex, generally the males, for the possession of the other sex'. Biologists today distinguish between male-to-male combat (it is usually males who fight each other), mate choice (usually female choice of male mates) and sexual conflict. Traits selected for by male combat are called secondary sexual characteristics and sometimes referred to as weapons; traits selected by mate choice are called ornaments.

Darwin described sexual selection in his second great book, The Descent of Man.

Mate choice is largely a female prerogative in humans as in most other animals, but to have the boys fighting over you, you need to be pretty enough to be worth the fight.

In evolutionary terms, pretty means fit. Not just physically fit, though - overall, a fit parent for your sexual partner's children, one who will guarantee them the best chances of survival.

So I think big boobs are ornaments - fitness advertisements just like peacocks' tails, another example of sexual selection in action. Big breasts take energy to grow and easily show the effects of aging or sickness. Only the fittest women can afford them for long, making them a vivid marker of youth as well as health.

Human penises, by the way, are also disproportionately large.

People like big things, my brother says.

[edit on 3/4/09 by Astyanax]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join