It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars III – Alternate Ending.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I had to obey him. I had spent my life seeking aspects of truth. And here, Sidious had revealed an irrefutable truth to me. The impending and painful deaths of all those children at the Temple would be insignificant compared to the joy I would bring to Sidious by accomplishing this one directive.

I loved him. I wanted to please him. But…

"Darth Sidious, you are asking me to kill children. Does revenge have any limits?"

"No Anakin. It does not. There are no limits. Go to the Jedi Temple. Kill them all."

He took my hand gently. "Your path is set, Anakin." He spoke in a sultry whisper. He moved his face close to mine, as if he was about to kiss me. "You can no more change your future than you can change your past. What you have yet to do has already been done, and witnessed on an unimaginable number of stages, by countless souls. The ending has been written. It was written long ago. It has always been so."

And at that precise moment, I achieved enlightenment. I learned more about the Force than anyone had ever known before.

The light saber was in my hand. I ignited it. And I struck Sidious down. He died instantly, with a look of bewilderment on his face.

To unwrite that which has been immutably written...

To unseal that which has been forever sealed...

In some other alternate universe, I know that I killed those children at the Jedi Temple.

But in this universe -- I changed fate. And it didn't matter that unseen operators had authored my life, or that some miserable ending had been played over and over again in unknowable theaters, displayed to impenetrable audiences for their private delight or disgust.

I changed the vast momentum of time. I learned at that moment what I teach you now, and what you must teach to others:

With all of its nuances and mysteries, the basis of the Force is actually nothing more than simple free will.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Axial Leader]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yeah. If only....

I don't think this story (if you really understand it) belongs in BTS. But that is up to you.

It is all part of reality's strange texture.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Very interesting.

I like the original story better though, because like this, there is no episode 4-6!

I got to have all 6 of my star wars episodes!

I know, I sound like a huge nerd!

Seriously though, I really like the spin you put on this. Taking the star wars story and changing it so Anakin realizes the error of his ways before he gets to out of hand is a pretty gutsy change to the story.

In the end of the original, in episode 6 he realizes his mistake and takes out the emporer anyway, so the good in him never did die.

No offense to you but I want to stick with the original.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks for the comments, Gimme.

The point I am trying to make is that many of the things that we think are constraining our future are quite artificial. The past does not irrevocably set our future, although we often think it does.

Episode 6 does not actually rule Episode 3. Similarly, Episode 3 does not rule this story.

I am going to make this story my personal "official" ending of the Star Wars saga. Everything else happened in a dream state. That is my personal excercise of free will. I get the last word on what I believe

So, the story is a bit weird, I know. It is kind of a metaphysical thing for me. I hope you and other dedicated fans will understand and forgive that.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I like the story. Altered fate, altered reality. Kill that which demands the killing.

new topics

top topics

join