It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

things that change your life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Couldn't sleep last night,so was lying awake thinking about my mum and some of the things she absolutely believed.
she believed that things can and do happen that can make or change a decision that completely alters your life .Every day things that do not seem like a miracle at the time but do change your life for the better.
I would like my fellow A T S members opinions please

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by illece
Couldn't sleep last night,so was lying awake thinking about my mum and some of the things she absolutely believed.
she believed that things can and do happen that can make or change a decision that completely alters your life .Every day things that do not seem like a miracle at the time but do change your life for the better.
I would like my fellow A T S members opinions please

Well they are words to keep you optimistic-definately!

I never got any decent 'words' for inspiration in this manner. Well-I got a fair amount from one of my brothers' friends who would later become my brother. I got smiles and eyes and hugs like you wouldn't imagine from my adults. What I got was a very large loving incredible group of individuals who's very breath gave me a boost in life.
Wish'd I could have returned the favor-but as luck would have it:

Well mom1 and dad1 loved me so much that they gave me to grandpa1 mom2 and dad 2. Mom2 and dad 2 split up and remarried almost immediately, leaving me with mom and dads 3 and 4. Mom2 and dad4 had some business going on, so against dad3's grumblings sent me to Mom3 Grandpa2 and dad5. Dad5 and brother5 were both perverts so Mom2 dad3 and uncle we'll just say 6 came and skuttle butted to pick me up. Leaving me with Mom2 and Dads 3 and 4. Dad 4 quickly became brother4, Dad 3 became uncle 7; brothers 1 and 2 quickly became cousins 1 and 2. Brother 3 became brother 2. Mom2 stayed that way. Dad6, formerly uncle 8 came on scene. Mom2 after a brief stint as grandma 1, became mom2 again.

And Then I turned 7.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well I have a friend who told me a similar thing. He said that EVEYRTHING that happens or that you do, every second of every minute of every day, affects the course of the future. Like even the smallest thing, like for example you blowing out a candle will change the course of the future.

Like the smallest thing you do that you don't really pay attention to can cause world war 3 for example. I know it sounds strange, because I'm also having a hard time taking it to that extreme. I know that a lot of personal actions will lead to a future outcome, but I don't really think for example blowing out a candle will cause world war 3.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I believe circumstances, choices and your outlook on life in general are things that very much have an impact on your life. Circumstances you may be able to manipulate or then again you may not be able to change affect your life immediately and from that point on. For me, the death of my husband was life changing and I could not change it. Choices definitely have an impact on your life in the here and now and future. Your outlook on what life deals you also affects how you deal with your lifes problems and happy times both in the present and future.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I was once sitting on my back porch, I live in a rural area.

Someone across a field had decided to put in a 'street light' at their house, and to me it really destroyed my view of the night. A storm was coming, and I was hoping that a lightening bolt would destroy that light.

Well, what I wanted didn't quite happen, but the power did go out only a few minutes after I made this little wish. Needless to say, I enjoyed the rest of the night outside.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by illece

My mum used to say "life is like a car, you can choose to drive it or be a passenger" along the same lines, I believe your "outlook" is very much the steering wheel....it points you in the right direction!

[edit on 1-4-2009 by one2many]

top topics

join