It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea on alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

South Korea on alert

www.atimes.com

JEJU, South Korea - South Korea's premier warship, the destroyer Sejong, equipped with the latest United States-designed Aegis counter-missile guidance system, is cruising near this island off the southern Korean coast en route to the waters of the East Sea for defense against North Korea's fearsome Taepodong-2 long-range missile.

The deployment of the Sejong from the southern to the eastern side of the Korean Peninsula highlights the alarm with which South Korea views North Korea's determination to show off its prowess in modern weaponry. The North claims it is capable of raining weapons of mass destruction as far as the US west coast - and all over South Korea and Japan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
North Korea positions missile on launch pad: report
US Deploys Warships as North Korea Prepares to Launch Missile
Japan prepares crisis steps for NKorea missile

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
As explained in the article, South Korea, Japan, and the U.S. are waiting and are ready to see if North Korea does keep their threats of launching the missile betwen April 4 - 8.

Kim Ill Young threatened with retaliation if the missile, or missiles it plans to launch on April 4-8 are destroyed by any nation.

This does reminds me that Ed Dames, and his remote Viewers made a prediction a couple years ago or so that after North Korea tested a nuclear weapon on it's own soil, that it would be North Korea the next country to launch a nuclear weapon in anger.

The current situation could very well be the precursor to the fulfillment of this prediction.

However, I hope for the sake of all the good people on both sides of this confrontation, that Kim Ill Young does not continue to be the spoiled little kid with a new toy, and does not use a nuclear weapon in anger when his missile is destroyed.

What is happening right now seems to be

www.atimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Good listening, I remember Major Head Games saying that too, about N Korea to be the first to use a nuke in anger. That was more than 10 years ago I think, or just under, but, yeah, it was a while ago.

Things could get very interesting next week. I feel like buggin' out....once the snow melts here (which it should by tomorrow).

[edit on 27-3-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
No one else is interested in this? War could/would/should break out soon and all anyone wants to talk about is "my cat was abducted by the MIB"? plucky is mad!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Aw Plucky, it's not that they don't care..., they are simply 'distracted' by the show.

I can't imagine why the media would characterize this missle launch as a 'threat'.

It's not a threat when any other country launches a satellite into orbit or tests a rocket platform.

I guess we have to take it for 'granted' that the intent is nefarious. Perhaps it is. I'm certainly no more informed than most others regarding this development.

If they know it's not a regular launch, as NK is supposed to be allowed to do, then why wait? Destroy it now. If they don't know, then they are doing the right thing. Preparing.

I have a feeling this has more significance diplomatically than militarily.

But..., still..., I will be prepared for panic sex at the drop of a hat!

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes, timely panic-sex is indeed good...

I realize that N Korea is not really a threat, but the boogieman tactics of the mass media, the reading between the lines, is what scares me. There are power brokers out there that want death. Our deaths. plucky is scared.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
maybe North Korea is strapped for cash (again) and are trying to blackmail the U.S. (again)
I say there is a 50/50 chance of any launch and if there isn't it is because China or someone else brokered a deal on the face, but the U.S. gave $$$.

I hope they do launch. because it will answer a couple of questions for us.
1) We don't have Haarp or some other weapon that could blow it up on the launch pad and make it look like a failed launch.
2) if we did have the weapon,...then we wanted them to launch in order to apply even more diplomatic presure on them and we knew already that the hunk a junk wasn't any kind of threat.
3) we blast it down to test our stuff and provoke tard boy into his end game....there will not be any type of WWIII because everyone wants this guy gone. China would love to set up a friendly to them government there and blame the U.S. for it or Japan or anyone else.
4) tard boy actually puts a satelite up so he can watch Hulu before it runs into the space station or some other valuable asset up there.
----------
but bottom line....this is nothing compared to the Georgia confrontation that we got through....just something fun to anticipate and then guess afterwards what happened and why.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Yes, timely panic-sex is indeed good...

I realize that N Korea is not really a threat, but the boogieman tactics of the mass media, the reading between the lines, is what scares me. There are power brokers out there that want death. Our deaths. plucky is scared.

Aww dont be scared Plucky. If it goes down you will have a good reason for all the panic sex you can handle

In all seriousness. I really don't know what to make of this. On one hand the US and japan could just shoot it down and Kim will sulk for a while and not do anything. Or he could try and turn SK into glass for all we know. For me, the thing that scares me a bit is what China will do in the event of a blood bath.

The perverbiale Ace in the hole of N Korea maybe. Or China could just laugh at Kim for being so stupid as to try and wipe someone out. In the end all we can do is watch and wait.

[edit on 3/27/0909 by Trayen11]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Good listening, I remember Major Head Games saying that too, about N Korea to be the first to use a nuke in anger. That was more than 10 years ago I think, or just under, but, yeah, it was a while ago.

Things could get very interesting next week. I feel like buggin' out....once the snow melts here (which it should by tomorrow).

Actually, that particular prediction was made around 2006, and not 10 years ago.

The first part of that prediction occurred, there was a nuke used on North Korean soil which was a test, which happened within months of the prediction.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well hell.

If they're going to launch a nuke in retaliation - they're most likely going to aim for Seoul.

My plane leaves on 1 April.

God I hope we're far enough away........

top topics

join