It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caugth on surveillance camera

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Just found this on Youtube.

London 1995

I think this video is part of a documentary, if anyone could tell me the title I would really apreciated it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Wow that is a first for me. Any experts wanna explain this away as a helicopter?

seriosly though, nice find OP.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Wow!! Amazing!! This is a first for me also and has instantly become an all-time favourite for me!!

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to hear the skeptics...

[Edit] Fist to First [Edit]

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Shuzitzu]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is an old Video. Come on, I am not even that big into aliens and even I seen this.
I believe people have tried to de-bunk this already.
But it still is cool to watch regardless.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
cool video, I haven't seen this one before... my question is, if it is a surveillance camera... why is it so shaky? and how did it know to follow the UFO?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
surveillance camera... why is it so shaky? and how did it know to follow the UFO?

I didn't hear any reference to a surveillance camera in the video, nor read it in the title. My guess is that the OP added it to the thread under the assumption that it was. Perhaps an edit is in order?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The video is edited, which is never a good thing, and the quality is also really bad. But I have watched this footage several times now in full screen, and if you stop the video at 0:41, you can see that the shape of the landed "UFO" reminds of a helicopter.

Later in the video, the "probe" seems like a car driving away from the helicopter with flashing lights - perhaps it is an ambulance or a police car that was waiting for the helicopter at the parking lot, in order to take someone to a hospital or police station.

That is what this looks like to me, anyway.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

It's either that or these aliens have flown hundreds of light years to see how a bridge is built...

"Ohhh that's how a bridge is built!!"

"Well we better fire up the warp drive in our antigrav ship so we can head back home to tell the guys that we need steel...and bolts, lots of bolts..."

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am no debunker but all I see is a police helicopter shining down its light chasing a criminal.

It just looks like a scene from cops, camera action show.

Of course I would like to believe it is real.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
As far as i know..The footage was taken by the surveillance camera of a Police helicopter and leaked to the press.. Ergo, why would the Police leak a clip of themselves watching one of their own.?

The London area has a very strictly enforced no fly zone, so to be flying as low as that craft is, to be taking those pictures means, it is 99% certain it was there on *official business*.. If they thought it was a helicopter they were tracking the *craft* would have been challenged by the authorities as to the reason for it's presence in the area. If you apply a modicum of clear headed thought to it, the police in the helicopter filming the incident, would have called for an ID and a reason for anything flying that low.. That's their job..

[edit on 27-3-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
An old video that has been well and truly debunked. Well debunked is the wrong word because it is exactly what it appears to be. A helicopter with a spotlight.

It looks exactly like a spotlight.
Moves exactly like a spotlight.
Reflects on objects on the ground like a spotlight.
Follows the road like a helicopter spotlight seeking a fleeing suspect.

How it ever ended up doing the rounds of UFO website is utterly beyond me.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin

Where is this debunking? Simply saying that has been, proves nothing. ..The chances of two police helicopters being in the same area..are between none and tiny..so how is that explained?

if you don;t have a link to back up what you say, it's not really worth posting is it?

If someone says i have a UFO picture it's really good , you want a link. So please, instead of just pontificating from on high please provide links to back up these sweeping statements..

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That is by far the best UFO footage I've ever seen! S&F for you! Some of you should watch that footage again. Its obvious you've never seen a helicopter because that isn't it. Helicopters have flashing lights oh yeah and a propeller. Even if they don't why would the whole thing be illuminated? Plus the probe is not a car. Unless cars can fly now, in which case I should keep up with the times. Why would the police shoot footage of their own helicopter.

I don't think they went there to see how a bridge is built. Maybe they just wanted to observe!

[edit on 27-3-2009 by DaMod]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's either that or these aliens have flown hundreds of light years to see how a bridge is built...

This is age old assumptive opinion of 'ships travelling thousands of miles'
could be misleading.
If you take a look at the many credible sonar corellated Naval USO reports in the USO thread then its possible the UFO/OVNI subject may well have an underground or undersea explanation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It really is tiresome having to explain prosaic phenomena over and over again. Here goes anyway. Turn down the sound and try this for a narrative

The actual police helicopter is not in the video, only its spotlight.

It pans across the elevated highway to the darkened area. The most likely reason being to check out something that is going on in "the car park" [to use the same description as the narrator, however I don't know if it is a car park.]

At that point in the video above there is an edit, but the next thing we see is a vehicle illuminated by the spotlight switches on its headlights and drives off toward the elevated highway.

Then there is another edit and we are told (we do not see) that the "probe" travels over the highway. In fact all we see is the light move a small part of the way across the the line of the highway with vehicle tail lights appearing to pass behind it and in front of it. It is probably an illusion due to the extreme incline of the camera angle. We never actually see a continuous shot of the "probe" pass completely from one side of the highway to the other. So we are probably looking under the elevated highway.

There is another explanation for the third shot of the "probe slowly moving away" apparently over the highway. And here it is:

The camera is looking north west at the northern approaches to the Dartford Crossing. There is an elevated railway that passes over the north bound lanes (which go under the river via a tunnel) and under the south bound lanes (which go over the QEII Bridge.) Train lines do not have lighting like highways so we cannot see the elevated track.

The "probe" is a train moving away from the camera. If you look carefully it looks like some kind of headlight.

In fact in the last few seconds of the video you can see the tail lights of the car that passes under the elevated rail line disappear to the left and reappear on the right of the "probe", as the car goes under the rail line, and the train travelling there on.

Interestingly there also appears to be a lot of waste ground in the immediate vicinity where late night vehicle movements would attract the attention of police.

I can't post an image, but try these google earth coords:

51°28'26.56"N 0°15'57.22"E

[edit on 28-3-2009 by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have seen this incident taken from a differnt angled camera which was a secuirity camera with time & date in etc
The camera was mounted on the side of the builing alongside the car park, the road went from top to bottom on screen and was a much lower and closer shot in which you clearly see it was not a helicopter and that the probe looked like a vertical cylinder.
It hovered above the street lights for about five minutes in the one i saw and like i say was clearly not a helicopter.
It looks like the same incident but like i said, from a different camera.
Ive looked for that footage for yrs online and have never seen it.
It was without doubt the most compelling footage i have ever seen & doesent suprise me that it is no longer around.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

I think the footage you are thinking of is of a different incident.

There is a lot of compelling footage of unexplained aerial phenomena. The video at the top of this post is not one of them.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Sorry, but with respect, it just shows you don't have the slightest clue of what you are talking about to post that...

The footage is from a Police helicopter and was leaked to the press...

British police helicopters DO NOT use their searchlights to chase suspects. If you care to look on Youtube for several such chases they always use infra red in co-operation with ground units.... I have never once seen footage on any of the plethora of TV programmes featuring the police where they use a searchlight to chase a suspect... The very rarely, use the searchlight to hilight a stationery object or person who might be trapped and there is no other light source. The reason is blindingly simple, you don't go shining bright lights around over roads or close to them, where there are traffic when you could easily cause a huge accident.

The there is the question of the searchlights they use.... They are blue white in their sheen, probably mercury/halogen.. there is little or no yellow spectrum in their beam which, the light in the video clearly has. Note the huge difference between the police searchlight's spectrum and the surrounding streetlights. Polcie allover the world use the same basic systems so that this pic is from Puerto Rica means nothing... it illustrates my point clearly..

Plus, had it been the helicopter taking the footage shining it's searchlight there would be a quite obvious cone with the beam lighting the surroundings up, at its limit. The video exhibits none of those expected characteristics at all.

Ad to that , the police are hardly brimming with helicopters and at 15k for 30 minutes operation they are actually sued pretty sparingly, by and large. That is they only tend to respong to direct call outs. They are rarely,, if ever simply *hanging around* in the air. The idea that there were two police helicopters working in the same area, is pretty much, a complete non starter..

Finally had that been another police helicopter the one filming it would have automatically gone to infra red with its' own camera to check out what the other helicopter was doing. They didn't, so that would plainly suggest they had no idea as to what they were looking at ...

That doesn't make it an alien, but it about 99% certain it is not a helicopter searchlight... So lets not confuse pseudo science for actually understanding British police procedures and the actual searchlights they use, if, they ever use them.. ,

[edit on 28-3-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I think you've nailed that. If you look at the area via your Google Earth link, everything matches perfectly. The first "craft" is a spotlight. The second "craft" or "probe" is a train on the rail-line & is moving off in exactly the same direction as the rail line as seen on Google Earth. The car that goes under the train at the end is on the lowest of the 2 levels of roadway.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

yeah just keep posting more blather won;t make it any more accurate than it was to begin with...

Police searchlight being used just North of my home town in an area called Mancetter/Hartshill ridge where the only road is a very minor one linking Hartshill to Atherstone.. The police are searching an area between the Coventry Canal and the Main West coast railway line, an area where no police cars could access it. The colour of the light is completely and utterly different to one in the video having no yellow tint to it whatsoever...

Ergo, the police are free to use their spotlight to try and find a suspect... How many more times do you people have to be told? Anyone shining a spotlight that large in that close proximity to a main road would have so many cops on their case they wouldn't be able to breath, because of the danger of causing a major traffic incident..

[edit on 28-3-2009 by FireMoon]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join