It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Writing Hallucination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So- I dont normally hallucinate, infact I have never hallucinated in my life- so when I just experienced- what I experienced, Im confused about what happened, and thought Id share it with you guys to see what you think...

So I was coming in from my kitchen and passed by my kitchen table on the way to the sofa, when I noticed I had an unopened package on the table that I needed to open. I approached the table and began to pick up the package which was in a manilla envelope when I noticed that the Opened Gas bill on the table had red markings all over it- like ProofReader marks. I thought to myself, thats strange, my husband must of written on the gas bill, or red marker has leaked through. I put down the package I was holding, and picked up the Gas Bill to inspect it closer- except that when I picked it up it all dissapeared.

I remember distinctly- there being red marks all over the bill- but when I picked up the bill it was all just black and white. I considered maybe the possibility of it being the trick of the eye- but I have nothing red, or green that might of played a trick with the ink on the bill. But I knew that I saw red marks on the bill. So it wasnt me just mistaking the black ink for red ink. I saw slashes --- and ^ marks in places where there was blank space.

I am positive I saw red corrective marks all over the piece of paper.
Like this example:
www.jessebethel.net...

It was totally weird...Does anyone have any suggestions or possible medical anomolies that might help explain what happened? (other than I was having a flashback)

[edit on 26-3-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Was it strictly out of your peripheral vision? I've had many occurrences like that before, but when I looked directly at it the markings were gone. Mine were only out of my peripheral vision though.

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

At first it was in my peripheral vision, when I was looking at the other package, but then once I noticed it I focused in on it it was still there- but once i picked it up it dissapeared!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That is strange. If it was in the corner of your eye, some might say it was a momentary flash of something else you were seeing and a trick of the mind.

As far as hallucinations go, I remember only two times. One time was due to not getting hardly any sleep. I don't remember what caused something the next time but I know I had a few beers first. My first hallucination involved everyone looking like they were moving in slow motion. The only problem was that I was moving in slow motion too. I'm not sure why my brain would play that trick on me after only sleeping for an hour that one time. The second time happened after drinking about 4 beers. Everything seemed to go in slow motion again but I could still move and think fast. I played an arcade game at a bar and I had never gone past a certain level until that started happening. I played the game for over an hour on a single quarter going through all the levels twice. I thought beer was supposed to slow you down. I guess that's not the only time that happened so maybe it's not considered a hallucination.

If it helps, I read recently that our brains can be dreaming even while we're awake but typically we will never be consciously aware of that. Maybe you had a momentary misfire of neurons in your brain causing you to see something that wasn't there. There have been a few times I thought I saw something but when I looked again, it wasn't there.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
UPDATE:

I just talked to my husband about this, and he TOO saw the little red marks but thought it was his imagination so he didnt say anthing.

Weird- how can two people hallucinate the same thing at two different times?

Maybe it was paranormal...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
UPDATE:

I just talked to my husband about this, and he TOO saw the little red marks but thought it was his imagination so he didnt say anthing.

I'm curious - why would your husband see red marks and think it was his imagination? Did they disappear for him as well while watching?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

Yes upon closer inspection he didnt see them.

Strange!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Is it possible that because of being close to you, your husband has also developed a kind of esp? Therefore you may both be seeing the same esp phenomenon.
Or something wants you both to see something and it is telepathically planting the same images in both your minds.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Have you tried to look at the bill in different orientations? Like near edge on, then gradually turn it so that it faces you again...

Have you tried maybe to look at it under other than "normal" light conditions? i.e. in the dark, illuminated by a flashlight, and with different color filters? Or under "black light"?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Have you thought to check your gas? Gas lines. Connections. ...

Have you thought to see if something to do with your gas needs CORRECTIONS?

It's a ghost thing.

Because, I am sure you've heard of all those weird "can not explain its". You know, people rescued from fire by unseen hands or a call from the other side-or a dream.

What resonates with me, reading your post and assuming that you are being up forward-is that you should go out on a limb, cover your bases, and check your gas; as some wandering spirit-your or your husband's relatives or friends past on-*or something* might have noticed something that concerns them.

Hell-I had some guy talk to me from the shower stall the other day--I wouldn't exactly follow up on my advice-or conversely (that was a first).

So...to address this professionally: as a 'somewhat' plumber with some installations under my belt; and a 'somewhat' paranormally sensitive person: I would take this information and follow the line; from the gas connection at it's source, all the way to it's termination points at the stove or water heaters, or wherever it goes and: Spray the whole thing down with a solution of water with a few drops of dawn added to it-

Especially spray any joints. It won't hurt it-or you; it's how it is done. A safety precaution. Are you in copper? I don't know alot alot about gases. Natural gases. I do know this method is basically standard for checking any amonia refrideration pipes. Air lines. hmmm better yet: here is a link Soapy Water Test for Gas Leaks in LP home Watch for bubbles. Where a bubble rises, (omit). Awe heck, just call a gas guy if there are bubbles.

Bubbles will indicate a leak. If you are prone to settling or ground movement or time--leaks happen. Corrosion.

Or maybe.... you were over charged

I hope this helps or was humorous.

All the best.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

[edit on 29-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

UPDATE:

Weird- how can two people hallucinate the same thing at two different times?

Maybe it was paranormal...

I have a great story about this if you would like to send me a U2U personally, what I have to say would be against TOS, but I can back this story up about a double hallucination.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Im sorry your story seems a little too far fetched , I don't believe you.
Your story reads like a novel and why talk about the manila folder at all boggles my mind? just too much information , i think its fake.

I have had a similar experience but seeing as you haven't shown me courtesy i won't share

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So- I dont normally hallucinate, infact I have never hallucinated in my life-

If you had hallucinated you probably wouldn't know it because you would believe the hallucination was real.

Maybe it's one of those timeline shift things?
Or you saw an alternate universe briefly?

Dunno.

top topics

join