It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra Lonely (Is it normal?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Just today, my girlfriend left for a trip to Italy. It's only for 10 days, and she will be back next Monday (not this coming one). Anyways, we've been going out for quite some time (Almost two and a half years) which is quite a bit for people our age. To be rather honest, I can't say I've ever felt so lonely. I could of gone as well, but it was for the better that I best invest the large of money elsewhere (a new car) but now that she is gone, I feel so empty. The worst part is, I know I shouldn't because I'm a Christian and I believe that God is my everything.

But this isn't a religious debate because I would of put it in ATS then. My point is, am I too attached? I have not felt so lonely and bad since my parents got a divorce. We're pretty young, and it feels odd not seeing her for such a long time because we go to school together everyday. I really feel not very good right now, and I could not stop crying today. I feel like such a baby, and well, sometimes getting other peoples' insight from across the internets can oddly make one feel better.

Am I just overacting, or is it normal? I now it's normal to miss someone, but like this? Crying and feeling a sense of dread? Ugh, it's driving me insane but I just feel better typing this here.

lol thanks for your time.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

You need to get more comfortable with yourself. Then you won't feel lonely when another is not around.

People "knowing" themselves is the first step, to never being lonely.

Also finding things you enjoy doing on your own, is another very important step.

Find yourself, then you will never be lonely by yourself.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thankyou.
I will try my best to follow that advice

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

you are welcome, I find it amazing, people don't bother to figure themselves out.... they just live. But in finding happiness and never being lonely is "knowing" who you are.

Take this time to discover you..... it opens a new world..... think about yourself.... the whys and reactions you have to things.... where do they come from deep within yourself.... then look at it, and see what you can do... by knowing who YOU are.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Take care

top topics

join