It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Tells us "Barak will make you work!"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

“Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.”

www.prisonplanet.com...

They haven't been lying to us. They have been telling us their fascist agenda all along. Those of us who voted for him, just heard what they wanted to hear.

I really don't think it would have been much different if McCain was president since I believe its all one party anyway, but Obama is getting stuff done at an accelerated pace because of the political capital that he has.

Edit: Why can't I embed a youtube video?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Isn't anyone interested in this video?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

They haven't been lying to us. They have been telling us their fascist agenda all along. Those of us who voted for him, just heard what they wanted to hear.

They lied in the Bush administration (9-11)... The Obama administration is being honest about there agenda,

............... but they are playing off lies of the most evil administration in American History.

Bush & Cheaney did all the hard work... Obama is here to finish the job they started.

Aren't they all apart of the same family tree? Bush, Cheaney, and Obama?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Perhaps someone should remind these people that this is America, the land of the free. This administration can try all it wants to ram it's fascist agend down my and every other American's throat, but I won't comply. There are those who will eat this up and think it's all wonderful and good, to them I suggest they go read the Declaration of Indepdence, the bill of rights and the Consitution a few times. The founding fathers called it the "Pursuit of Happiness" not "Entitled to Happiness". You can be as happy and succesful as you want to be in America but you have to take it upon youself or you can be as lazy and unproductive as you want, either way you make your own bed.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well this isn't new news. This was clear at the time. The only funny part about it is the auto-supporters agreeing and pleased to hear it. It is clear that far too many Americans have forgotten what it means to be American.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21
Perhaps someone should remind these people that this is America, the land of the free. This administration can try all it wants to ram it's fascist agend down my and every other American's throat, but I won't comply. There are those who will eat this up and think it's all wonderful and good, to them I suggest they go read the Declaration of Indepdence, the bill of rights and the Consitution a few times. The founding fathers called it the "Pursuit of Happiness" not "Entitled to Happiness". You can be as happy and succesful as you want to be in America but you have to take it upon youself or you can be as lazy and unproductive as you want, either way you make your own bed.

All due respect to you, BUT they are making you comply! each and every day we the people give away more and more rights.

Getting to where we have nothing to give but our souls ... and they will take those as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
Getting to where we have nothing to give but our souls ... and they will take those as well.

Wow, that is a bleak assessment. Unfortunately, I cannot disagree. Here in NYC, they just passed a new increase for Mass Transit and bridge tolls. They are bleeding us dry, and not providing any services.

I guess the Obama administration can force people to "volunteer" to drive our trains for free. I really don't know what to make of it any more. It doesn't even matter who is in power, the Republicans "cut" taxes on the super wealthy, but spend like crazy. The Democrats want to tax everyone and spend like insanity.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

You're right that they are insidious in their methods of getting compliance from you weather you want to give it or not and I am just as guilty of it as anyone else is. While there are certain elements of the system you can't escape no matter how hard you try, it doesn't mean I'm going to stop fighting against it in my own ways such as trying to spread the word about the Federal Reserve, going to rallies and writing my congress reps (for all the good that will do).

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Obama will make you work. lol. This is funny in a dark way, or gallows humor way as Obama puts it. If a Republican said this about a president, saying he will make you work, I believe there would arise a great noise in the MSM. I have news for Mrs. Obama, I already work hard and long at what I do. I interact with people, I am open to other opinions, I help those less fortunate than me to the best of my abilities, and I AM comfortable in this life style. Now she wants to cause me discomfort? WTF?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have seen this video, But instead of getting that Obama and his administration are going to start some kind of soviet forced volunteer program, I got that they want to make us more informed. And a less robotic population that does work for a goal they have no idea about.
And in my opinion, the sheer amount of the straight up lies being told about Obama makes me think Im on the right side.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by baconvein]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by baconvein]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have a few choice words for Michelle.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I find it funny how so many posters on this site talk about how sheeple need to wake up and get out of complacency. But the president says people need to wake up and get out of complacency and everyone gets up in arms.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I find it funny how so many posters on this site talk about how sheeple need to wake up and get out of complacency. But the president says people need to wake up and get out of complacency and everyone gets up in arms.

Give me a break,

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Is that all you can add?

Do I need to find a 1000 quotes on ATS about how the government is holding you down, keeping you uneducated, keeping you uninformed, keep secrets.

And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.”

Here is someone who is trying to get Americans involved and not be sheeple, but because you don't like him, it is a bad thing and he is a fascist.

do you folks even know what fascism is? Or you throwing the word around?

Because that is not a statement made by someone who is pulling for fascism.

Give me a break!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You know what I mean, I don't have to spell it out for you,

I don't beat my head up against brick walls.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Another high-ranking official in the Obama administration has had to leave his position, and in this case, one has to wonder how he got the job in the first place. Scott Polakoff, the top bank regulator for the Treasury, has taken a leave of absence after internal audits uncovered his allowance of backdated capital infusions, which could amount to cooking the books for IndyMac and other institutions. But the OTS chief had also been responsible for regulating AIG as well (via The Boss):

online.wsj.com...

Obama the crook from Chicago, is either really stupid ,or really crooked, or both.

How many does this make now?

And so is Michelle,

[edit on 123131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Or it is because you don't have anything constructive to add.
the point of these forums is to inform people. So if I am misguided, tell me how.
And explain to me why this isn't just another hate thread?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

And what has that to do with the topic? Nothing.

I've seen people here, you know who you are, that are screaming that "My tax dollars should be used for the lazy." Well he wants to put people to work and your complaining further. Unless I'm reading this wrong I've got to go with "whatever".

Pick and choose your battles people.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I find it funny when all you read is Republican this, Democrat that. As if one side is better than the other. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, they are no different, crooks are crooks. Same ketchup, different bottle. As a non-american looking in, it always amazes me how you break everything down to either black vs white or democrats vs republicans. You truly are a country devided and I hope eventually you will see past that and move forward for the greather good.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
Isn't anyone interested in this video?

Some of us actually have a JOB and are too busy to watch the videos about making other people busy...

We elect our officials which screw the country up, then those same officials promise us that they will not do it again, and then we elect them again, and guess what, they screw it up again.

Guess whose fault that is?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join