It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If reincarnation is true, when would you like to come back....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am not saying reincarnation as we understand it is true, but if it was, what time epriod would you like to come back into. I would think that if it is true, that you should in theory be able to be reincarnated into the past as well as the future,a s the time is only real in our existence.

So what time period would you liek to be reborn into, and why?

I would not like to be born into the future, no matter where, as it is going to be just a hell, with no freedoms, other tha the right to piss in the tiolet.

So i would like to be born into the past, even though it was only recent that people got an education.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I doubt I would choose to comeback at all.
I think my soul is tired.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I would prefer that too, but i was just saying that if there is such a thing, i would never want to come back in the future.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hopefully this will be the last time i come back to the Earth plane as physical density.

Peace

[edit on 26-3-2009 by The 5th]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I plan on coming right back, I like it here. Good food, decent people and fantastic sex. What more could a growing soul ask for?

If the future is to be hell as you claim, I'll come back as a fireman.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think I would like to come back in say 10,000 years or go back to the 1600's.

The future interests me a lot so I would love to see where we are 10,000 years from. I wonder if we progress or fail big time. Who knows...

As for going back to this time, it's a favorite time period of mine for so many things in history and I would love to have witnessed it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The problem for me is that I'm assuming this isn't a scenario where I get to be reincarnated with all of my current knowledge. That means that I would only get to compare my new life to itself. What fun is that?

I mean, maybe a future self wished to be born in the mid-70s and here I am. I don't have a way to compare it to my other self, so even if this is the coolest time to be alive ever, I only know it as my current time.

If I wished to be reincarnated in the late Middle Ages, would I really think it was that cool, like a life long RenFest? No. I would only know it as my life and it would probably suck.

A frame of reference is needed to provide perspective.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i must say, i agree with mrwupy. i like it here, it has its ups and downs, but over all its amazing. the food, sights and sex are the best. life is what you make it.

As for being reincarnated, i would have to say as a bird, so i can fly anywhere, anytime and see and hear anyone i want to. i would also love to see what life was like back in the time of the Mayans and try to over hear what was so significant about 2012 and that sort of stuff. or try to hear what all the "powerful people" have in store for us "regular folks".

i'm a nosey person....

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'd like to be reincarnated as a life sustaining planet, or perhaps as a super-massive black hole that devours a life sutaining planet, whichever is fine. Just me I guess

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'd come back as a knight in England during feudal times. I'd make sure chivalry never died at the hands of tyranny and corruption.

That or as a pirate. Or a neandrethal. OR a viking.

I've got a lot on my "Reincarnations to do" list.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Not sure what I believe about this....im on the fence....

BUT if it happens, I would love to come back in ancient Roman times....I have a huge passion and draw to that era (and area)....Rome/Greece/Egypt. Ah and the clothing! Loved it
Maybe I once lived there in another life, not sure
Maybe I used to be Cleopatra?

Its odd though that I would want to go back to that time (Ancient Rome)....Im celtic and all of my family (both sides) come from Scotland. Maybe I will go back to that time (mmm Braveheart) in 'another' life

Guess im like Scurvy...I have a list of eras Id love to live/experience

[edit on 3/27/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I would like to be born into the mid to late 19th century. Then, I would move to America if I wasn't born there already, and go on and live in the time of the American West.

Actually, there are three times that I've been having dreams of since very young. The time of the Roman Empire, the Crusades, and the American West. I think I've already had lives in these three times, but I can't remember squat.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I would rather see something else if possible and don't come back at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I have not studied reincarnation to any measurable degree, but in the past couple of years my sentiment is the same as yours. The future is bleak, and I would want to incarnate in some other time, preferably somewhere more simple. Yes, these are the things I thank about as well. A star for you!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It doesnt matter when to me. I think all times in human history have been about equal in their potential for both goodness and badness. Only shape of the goodness and badness changes. The superficial forms.

So I have no real preference. I do want to be around to see human civilization collapse however. If that can be worked into my schedule. I know it will be scary and hard and tragic to watch, but that will be the show of a lifetime. You know when things are at their very worst, you get to see both the nastiest side of people and their absolute sainted best. Who would want to miss that?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'll just come back after humanity has sorted out their differences and the world is without war. Otherwise I can't be arsed.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would not want to be physically born again EVER, in ANY time period, because all the years of knowledge I have now, is completely thrown out, and you are back to square one, going through the ignorance and painfull learning experiences of childhood, adolescence, and teen-age-dumb. I'd rather God send my soul to Catholic Hell, than go through that again. I want to be immortal. I want to keep all the knowledge I have accrued thus far, because it was hard won, via trials-by-fire, that you would not wish on your enemy. Mine has not been an easy or even moreso, normal life, to say the very least. I just --got-- to write a book. Any Publishers???
Well anyway, I would RATHER have my own personal time machine. Plus, I haven't had any fun yet.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by simonecharisse]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Honest? I don't want to come back here (as in EARTH) again.

I did found out that my soul has been here off and on since species like dragonflies were created .....

Over the last 200 years I have been back for the 6th time now ..... too quick, too fast. It probably has something to do that I want to leave here and have to learn my last lessons fast.

Who knows what the future will be? I only know my future will be not on Earth, Terra, I will be going home......

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I highly doubt there would be any choice in the matter. I figured if our souls are on a reincarnation system that it would simply be based on your overall performance in your previous life.

Such a system would most likely be measured on a percentage scale, positive VS negative life experiences. The chance for advancement would lie in the high positive while the chance of regresing or staying at the same level would be in the negative percentages.

Put if I could choose, I would most likely just sit on the sidelines and watch. Being confined to this 3rd dimensional body, with all of the "challenges" posed by such an existence is a little bland, and as one of the above posters said, my soul grows quite tired.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I would come back as a dragon, 500 years into the future!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join