It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for SR 71 info and links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hello everybody on the Aircraft forum.

My kiddo and I are working on a school project and he picked the Blackbird as his choice of technology, pretty cool I admit.
Although I did attain quite a bit of info on it already, I am a Navy guy and will also admit that this particular bird is not the type of aircraft that i have a lot of info on so that's where I thought maybe you could help.

We are looking for links, stories, pics, or anything of that nature that would include some interesting and lesser known facts regarding the old bird...even though it is still shrouded in secrecy, I just know that some of you can help out!!??

So, come on Zaphod, Westpoint, and others...what can you do to help us?

P.S. Very sorry to hear about the Raptor crash, that is too bad and never good to get any info on a subject like it.

Peace to all,
Mondo

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hello,

This is my first post (long time serial lurker) and I am clueless about getting around here.

However, I am an Air Force guy. Last year I was preforming work on a home of an obvious Air Force guy; as he had U.S.A.F. paraphernalia all over the place.

We engaged in coversation and it turns out he was a pilot of an SR 71. His story was quite interesting. He's all over the internet. His name is Buddy L. Brown. He has an official website, but not sure which is his. You can definitely find his bio.

He was involved in crashing an SR 71 due to a refueling accident with a KC 135. He told me the base commander was "not happy" with him! He flew out of Groom Lake.

He gave me a signed a copy of a picture of the Blackbird. I would be happy to forward this to you. Your son would get a real kick in having a real signed autograph of a Blackbird pilot who has an incredible bio.

I'm not at all a sentamentalist, so letting go of it is no big deal for me. At least it would go somewhere it will be more valued.

The A.F. showed me a classified movie clip on the plane. But I don't know what is classified or not anymore. So I can't help you with any information.

How do we exchange email addresses here? Would love to forward the signed pic.

Good luck in your research!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

A-12 OXCART C.I.A Operated forrunner to the SR-71

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Bri and Zaphod,

Sir Bri, I sent you a U2U with email info, if you can't receive it, please respond here and I will contact you or visa versa via some other method.
Thanks so very much for the idea and thought, wow is he gonna love it!

Zaphod, man you always come through, gonna get to those sites later tonight and check them out...thanks you guys.

So far this is excatly the type of stuff I am looking for, personal accounts and sites to get some good insight!

Thanks already,
Mondo

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Look out for two books from a former SR-71 pilot and detatchment commanding officer called Richard Graham. One is a collection of stories and anecdotes from former pilots, rears and Lockheed employees about the SR-71 and A-12, and is very very informative, and the other book is a blow by blow ride in an SR-71, from the mission planning right through to the engines off at the end.

The second book is extremely informative, as it really is a detailed account of what they did, what buttons they pushed and in what order, what their support guys did, what the aircraft needed in preparation for a flight etc. There is a full flight manual for the SR-71 in the appendices as well.

Flying the SR-71 Blackbird: on a Secret Operational Mission
Sr-71 Blackbird: Stories, Tales and Legends

Well recommended read, and a hell of a lot of information there.

Also, check out the NASA page for their SR-71 involvement.

www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

If you can afford them I recommend Sled Driver and The Untouchables by Brian Schul. Awesome books, but they are insanely expensive. My parents went to a SAC reunion and they were running $200+ per book.

top topics

join