It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Seeking to win US Bankers with Global Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Gordon Brown seeking to win over US bankers with his

www.telegraph.co.uk

Mr Brown used a speech to MEPs in Strasbourg on Tuesday to exhort the European Union to take the lead in rehabilitating the world economy and forging a new "moral" capitalism. He called for an end to offshore tax havens, tougher financial regulation, and international limits on remuneration.

But his message risked being overshadowed by a warning from Bank of England Governor Mervyn King that Britain may not be able to afford further fiscal stimulus measures.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sick, just sick!!! You have to believe that these politicians have at least some backbone and care for the common people......I would think........

Then again his smirk in this video disgusted me, and makes me think they all know they are on the chopping block. Like many other people have said in the other thread with this video......

I wish we had politicians here that could eloquently smack down our out of control politicians.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I cannot believe that more politicians haven't pointed out that HE WASN'T VOTED IN!! HE IS AN UNELECTED OFFICIAL, PISSING AWAY OUR MONEY!!

He will leave, get a nice pension, maybe some lecturing jobs and we will be left in the #, again, we are long past the point of no return, we are #ed, plain and simple, to many people believe the government are doing their best to solve this, they are waiting for the results and it's rediculous. By the time the dust has settled, we will be jobless, homeless and eating out of the hand of the government, if they close their fist, we beg for more.

EMM

Edit to add: Awesome video, enjoyed it thoroughly, although i doubt Brown was even phased by that, he's on a promise.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

new topics

join