It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

voices "weird"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hi, something weird just happened like 30 minutes ago on this website. I'm a long time lurker first time poster. What happened to me is what made me sign up and try to explain it. I'll get to the point...I was just minding my business browsing the Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!” thread. I skipped to the last page which I think was page 22. As the page was loading, I noticed something was happening that had never happened before while lurking. I started hearing a lot of voices through my speakers. I heard people talking, news shows or whatever they were in the background. It was like hearing hundreds of people all at the same time. Kinda sounded like echoes but it wasn't because everything that was being said was different. As the voices started sounding further away...I heard the tom green show or the theme song from his talk show..lol. I this point I was thinking what the hell is going on..when all of a sudden two voices came out of nowhere. It was a guy and a girl who sounded like they were talking to each other or to other people. At first I couldn't understand what was being said because of all the other commotion in the background. Then I could hear the girl say something about her not caring and then started cursing with the f word. She then said out of nowhere "wait".."wait"..shhhhhhhhhhh..."wait"..."don't say nothing"...."shhh" in a whispering way. Both voices went quiet but I could still hear the tom green show and other peoples voices in the background. It sounded like they knew I was listening to them. So I freaked out and hit the back button. I'm wondering what it could have been. All I know is that I had nothing else running on my computer, no other windows open on my browser, it was silent in my room, no tv or anything was on. The only thing I noticed is that there was a blocked pop up on my firefox browser. I tried going back to the page and nothing happened, everything went back to normal. So if anybody reads this and knows what it was or what it could have been...please feel free to respond. Sorry if this is too long for my first post...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It could have been some sort of advertisement you moused over. I hardly ever get any ads on any web page so I know I will not hear it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by realmma

Welcome to ATS Realmma, it could have been some people at the NSA having their microphones on by accident, instead of just their listening devices. Don't you ever wonder how this huge website is financed?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by realmma

While I'm skeptical that something like that could happen, I will say this. If it should happen again don't freak out and hit the back button. I mean, what can they do to you? Keep listening... see if they can hear you too! Try to gather as much info as you can and then let us know if it happens again.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Speakers can pick up interference.
Are they wireless speakers?
Do you have wireless internet?
My wireless headphones picked up someones cordless phone once they were ordering a pizza.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Similar things have happened to me, though not on ATS. I'm not prepared to chalk it up to the NWO or anything supernatural just yet, but it's always unnerving when you hear something and you can't locate it's source. You start to question your sanity!

Just the other day Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon" started playing through my speakers out of the blue. I initially thought it was my cellphone ringtone, until I checked my phone and remembered that my tone is Ozzy's Mr. Crowley. It had that "gravelly" ringtone quality. It played about halfway through and then quit. I wasn't overly concerned about it, nor am I now really, but it's something I've given some thought to.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have no real suggestions just wanted to support you in this truly bizzare tale. Life is much stranger than fiction.

Dont get too serious with this one as it will most likely have to be chalked up to the unknowable at least for now...

Project BlueBeam on multipal individuals homes all at once yours included? The new analog tv conspiracy?

Fear not, and deny ignorance , you may have just crossed over into the Twilight zone.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Wireless technology, while great, isn't without flaws. Based on what you described, it sounded like you caught a normal conversation of some sort. How, I cannot say as I am not technologically knowledgeable in that area. Old cordless phones would often intercept other people's signals. My current cell-phone (like many other people's) causes an occasional buzzing in my computer speakers - very often just prior to someone calling. It might be possible you caught a telecommunications flaw/glitch/issues that you never experienced before.

I would ask - are you in close proximity to others - as in an apartment or condo where you might have a closer relation to possible signals? Are you using wireless technology in your computer system (as already asked - something like wireless speakers)? Do you live near telephone wires or a cell-phone tower?

I would say this was something very very odd - yet likely explainable. Just a few thoughts... best of luck finding the source.

McMartinson

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hello.

Welcome to ATS.

I would not worry about what happened. The longer you are here the more strange will become normal.

It's neat that you had the experience.

If we only could see all the microwaves, and all the other electronic junk in our air we would probably look for a steel room to get in and not come out of.

Apparently nobody has told you about our foil hats have they? Shame on them. They are very fashionable in our group here at ATS.

Wait.....don't take me seriously. I'm just trying to let you know all is well.

As nosey as I am I would have listened as long as there was sound.

Enjoy your stay here.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Oh yes, and some of those advertisements.
Often blurt things out at you.
They have audio in them.
For example, the cell phone scam advertisements, about who has a secret crush on you etc.
They blurt out things like a girl saying "Shhh don't tell anyone".

[edit on 26-3-2009 by aLiiEn]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If you happen to have this happen on a regular basis, I would ask you to do something. first locate and download the program named "ethereal" when you do, figure out how to set it to promiscuous mode, then run it. This will capture any packets that go through your computer's network interface card. Then when/if the weird sound event occurs again. you can search what packets that event probably came from based on the time frame involved and where those packets came from.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hey everybody.....well things that I forgot to mention. Before I hit the back button, I scrolled up and down the page to see if it was in fact those advertisements blurting things out but there was nothing. The only way I can describe how it sounded was like in the movie "Stir Of Echoes" when in the end the little kid starts to hear a lot of voices. There is no way it was an advertisement. The way the guy and the girl were speaking was like if they were sitting next to each other. Plus the girl was cursing and then sounded surprised by something and then was telling somebody to shhhhh and don't say anything... be quiet.

No I don't have wireless speakers...in fact nothing in my house is wireless maybe except my cell phone.

Another thing I tried going on the same page over and over again but nothing....I even go over advertisements with my mouse and nothing even gets blurted out.

new topics

top topics

join