It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two Trees in the Garden of Eden

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
P.S. Re: Osiris. I don't know about Mithras, but Osiris was murdered, his body parts strewn to the four corners of Egypt, his penis cut off and lost in the Nile (according to the myth, swallowed by a fish of all things). Therefore, one could say that Osiris did not maintain his "integrity" through the ordeal, and the truth inherent in the myth most likely operated as the precursor to the ritual burial process of mumification, whereby his body was sown together and wrapped up with Isis attempting to perform a resurrection upon him. In other words, the resurrection of Osiris was a FALSE resurrection, lacking in integrity. But myths can have the power to serve as prophecy and the shadows of prophecy, the light of an eventual actuality.. in other words it was close but no cigar.

The phallus of Osiris was swallowed by a fish. And today the Lord of the Resurrection is the Fisher King, ΙΧΘΥΣ. (Recall, also, how Ouranos was similarly deposed by Kronos.)

So, yes--it could be seen as a mystical sort of prophecy, comparable to that in Virgil's Fourth Ecologue.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

In other words, the resurrection of Osiris was a FALSE resurrection, lacking in integrity.

I disagree. The fact that Osiris (the sun), the physical life-giver, is shining through my window right now, shows that the resurrection was vital.

However, as Crowley pointed out, the old idea of the sun god resurrection is a false idea. The anthropologist Sir James Frazer, in his masterpiece "The Golden Bough", called the myth cycle "The Formula of the Dying God", where a God-man suffers and dies so that his followers will receive eternal life. This myth cycle stems from the ancient belief that the sun dies annually, and is resurrected in spring (Easter).

Since the sun doesn't really die, Crowley used this as a method of teaching eternal life outside of the old death-and-resurrection formula. Neither matter nor spirit can really "die"; instead, they only transform.

Does the sun not shine FOR us? Are we preceded by the sun? Which is the higher power, spirit, or matter?

If you look to the birds of the air, then the birds will precede you, or to the clouds, then the clouds will precede you. (paraphrased)

I have learned that these cycles occur both within, and without, and what is without is a reflection of what is within, since the universe is in us, and we are in the universe, and we and the universe are one.

Today, this day, I myself was indeed the light of the world. I can now fully understand how someone could interpret themselves as the greater light, or the light without as a reflection of the inner light, in the same way that flowing water is a reflection of the water of life that flows within.

Thus, the light of life, who, is greater than I, who came before me, why would he not make a demonstration of himself as the greater light, or, in anticipating himself within the context of the passover lamb, and the temple, not anticipate that demonstration in the rebuilding of the temple acccording, not just to the sign of Osiris, but also of Jonah?

Why assume? Why reject? I've tested these things by experience, and in that knowing, it's plain that the light of the world indeed became a person, and that the student can never be as great as the master. One is the model for the other to follow.

You Mason Light may know more of the details, but I have an inner knowing that completely eludes you, and yet it is as plain as the sun shining through both our windows.

I can relate to Jesus as the light of life that never dies, and have an experience of his resurrected life within me.

So you, you assume that the thing cannot be, because a man once dead cannot return to physical life, and that death has the last word. Therefore, the sun-God death cycle myth must have been added. "Oh yea of such little faith" to which I would add, of such little knowing.

There is a difference between reading and talking about, and having an intimate experience of. The first is just words and the second is true gnosis. One cannot be a gnostic and not know Jesus Christ, and you cannot know Jesus Christ, without understanding his Great Work of the Ages and the true nature of what was accomplished there.

What is apparent however, is the prophetic and formative nature of the age old pagen sun-myth, that Jesus would intentionally set out to pattern himself and his Great Work after it - even to the selection of his inner circle of 12, to the way he entered Jerusalem.

And so, while the fish ate the lost phalus, nevertheless, the fish was lured by it, to the point of repeating history in a re-enactment, or, if only myth and fable by origin, of giving it it's full manifestation in form and function within history itself. And if untrue, it is most certainly a God approved mythology, and if it just as well be true, then why not true in reality? Because, you see, if Christ is not risen, then I am nothing but a deluded psychotic, and that just doesn't feel the least bit congruent with the validity of my experience..

And could all of this make of Osiris Jesus' "Abba"? I don't think so, not when I look to Jesus exchange with the woman at the well, where he reframes "God" as the spirit of the universe who seeks worshippers who worship in spirit and in truth.

Furthermore, the power of Osiris was "bested" by Moses, whereby God's greater power than that of Pharoh and his priests was demonstrated and made manifest there in God's own differentiation from that system.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Does the sun not shine FOR us?

No, it doesn't. The sun is one star among billions, most of which are so far away it is physically impossible for us to ever see them. To think that the sun shines "for us" seems a bit like vanity to me. It was here long before we were, and we exist in part because of it, but we are not the reason that stars shine.

So you, you assume that the thing cannot be, because a man once dead cannot return to physical life, and that death has the last word.

You err in assuming that I believe that death has the last word. Death is simply a transitional stage, it is not "the end". On the other hand, I do not propose that we continue in the same physical vessel we find ourselves now. The law of Nature requires that all matter go through cycles of change, and that atoms that compose our physical bodies must eventually be liberated, and form other combinations.

One cannot be a gnostic and not know Jesus Christ, and you cannot know Jesus Christ, without understanding his Great Work of the Ages and the true nature of what was accomplished there.

Gnosticism predates the birth of Jesus. I would agree, however, that Gnostics must understand the Osirian Formula, typified to the Semites by Jesus.

And could all of this make of Osiris Jesus' "Abba"?

No. Jesus himself is the Hebrew Osiris. In other words, Osiris is not superior to Jesus, they are the same Ideal.

Furthermore, the power of Osiris was "bested" by Moses, whereby God's greater power than that of Pharoh and his priests was demonstrated and made manifest there in God's own differentiation from that system.

Ah, but this is not so. It was the Setian Dynasty who was in power when the story of Moses and the Exodus took place. The Pharoahs of that Dynasty worshiped Set, not Osiris. It was also because of this that apparently the Hebrews coined the term "Satan" to mean "adversary", "Satan" being derived from the honorific Egyptian title "Set-Hen", or "Eternal Set".

Besides, Osiris doesn't "exist" as an entity that can be "bested", nor does Yahweh exist as an entity that "best" anybody else. These are symbolic ideas, whose deepest meanings can be discerned through the Qabalah.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Was Set not an offspring of Isis and Osiris?

And that things I was speaking of, about the light, they were what you might call supra-rational. Again, you assume. You think I'm only looking at it all through the lens of a conservative, fundamentalist literalist bent, but that is not the case at all. I've seen many self professed Christians, with intimate knowledge of the Bible and so-called theological education, who have never known the light of Christ, who although they claim to see are blind, and re-born are spiritually dead inside. It isn't hard to tell one from another, they either have it or they do not, and are either on their way toward it, or not.

And isn't the purpose of the Qabalah not that it would manifest itself in the human being?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Was Set not an offspring of Isis and Osiris?

No, Set was their brother.

During the Setian Dynasty, Set was seen as a benevolent deity. When the Cult of Osiris became dominate, Set became an evil deity, who slew Osiris.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join