It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two Trees in the Garden of Eden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I can see how the tree of life is representative of kabbalistic man in his natural state at one with God (walking with God).

So what is the significance and meaning of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and how did eating of that tree cause a fall from grace?

Is it because the duality of good and evil, of should and should not, is a prison, and an illusion, corrupting the will through temptation?

I'm clear on the good tree and the tree worthy of appropriation which leads to everlasting life, but not of the wicked tree which leads to death.

Help me out here if you can. Thanks.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

The tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is Death. This is being born of blood only.

The tree of life is also known as The family Tree. This is being born of blood (you and mate) and water (baby in embryonic fluid) "the two become one flesh". As you have been given life, so to give. The truth the way and the life.

The truth because it is for all man to see.
The way because it is for all man to see.
The life as it has been for all man to see.

Every Single EyE, shall see.

Peace

Sorry for the edits, clarity speaks loud. Peace

[edit on 26-3-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
I can see how the tree of life is representative of kabbalistic man in his natural state at one with God (walking with God).

So what is the significance and meaning of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and how did eating of that tree cause a fall from grace?

Is it because the duality of good and evil, of should and should not, is a prison, and an illusion, corrupting the will through temptation?

I'm clear on the good tree and the tree worthy of appropriation which leads to everlasting life, but not of the wicked tree which leads to death.

Help me out here if you can. Thanks.

Ill give you my interpretation of this, I think it explains why we are here quite clearly if you stop trying to see a tree and a big hand pointing telling people what to do or an apple etc

I am not one to quote bible passages etc but I can if you specifically want me too and give a breakdown.

If you read the first few parts of the bible you will see that god created man completely innocent with no knowledge of good and evil in the beginning.
He told man that they were allowed to eat of anything that bears a seed but not to eat from the tree of knowledge.

They eat from the tree of knowledge, god explains that they chose this and because of this they will take from the tree of life.

What does all of this mean?

It means that you have free will to choose and it has consequences.

It explains the purpose of life for man, a path of wisdom between good and evil because of the choice taken. At the end of all of this we will know the complete difference between good and evil in its entirety as a species.
Mankind chose this, not god.

It also shows that God is a man of his word as this was a punishment he carried out just as he warned, after man refused to listen and went ahead anyway seeking knowledge.

I still strongly feel that god is a paradox, we could not exist without god but he could not exist without us and we are here to learn infinity (wisdom) from the finite (life). Call it trees if you need too

After all if we are here to learn absolute truth, what are we once we learn that?

Thats my view of it anyways.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The Tree of Knowledge is placed on the Qabalistic Tree of Life as an imaginary Sephira called Da'ath, which means "knowledge". Da'ath separates the Supernals from the lower Sephiroth in much the same way the Veil of Paroketh separates the First Order from the Second.

The fact that Da'ath is represented as a false or imaginary Sephira shows us the strange nature of knowledge itself. There is something false and imaginary in all perceived knowledge that must be transcended.

Secondly, there is the creative question. Da'ath is likewise represented as "The Abyss", wherein one finds the Tree of Death. In Da'ath, Primal Idea began to take form, eventually manifesting as matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It recently occured to me in prayer the signifigance of the "Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil" and its role in the Fall.

The disobedience of that original couple is in itself a sinful act however the consequence, in the knowledge they attain, is quite remarkable. The two do not automatically engage in a rampage of sin their first response is to hide themselves in shame from God and from each other.

Prior to this moment of Fall they had contentedly accepted God's company in the garden, their nature compared to His caused them no anxiety. However, the knowledge they attained immediately acted as a barrier between them, their weakness compared to His sublime and absolute goodness. The One who loves them is no longer their equal but surpasses them at a level they cannot comprehend - their response is to hide themselves and reject their assosciation with Him.

The ego asserts itself in sin when the individual turns away from God, beyond mere shame, but in an assertion of an illusory identification of the self as being more than, or not even, "His." Sin is the individual saying "I am not yours!" a furthering of that initial breach of the union of love.

I think if we consider our own mundane experiences of love a degree of equality is required - two people "have and hold" each other, if only one does it it's kidnap. The inequality between God and man is an obstacle to man accpeting God's total love - he wants to assert his own identity, independent from the God-head.

The "equality", or rather pre-fall ignorance of the inequality, is restored in Christ who in His death is God saying: "If you will not be mine I will be yours, entirely in your hands."

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Isn't it important to distinguish that it was not the tree of knowledge, but the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The tree of life is all about awareness I think.

In this eternally unfolding present moment nothing can be KNOWN with any degree of certainty, and the very notion of "evil" relative to good may be an entirely false and illusory presupposition. Maybe everything is in reality all good and evil is bull#.

Thus to eat of that tree is to eat of a spiritual death, because that is not how reality is made, or the human being in relation to God the uncreated first/last cause.

Knowledge in the Kabbalah Tree of Life is missing, for a reason. There is no knowledge per se, just experience, of joy, love, oneness, of being and becoming.

I also agree that the cross of Jeshua is a re-presentation of the tree of life, and that Jesus himself was it's embodiment and the model of perfection.

Man cannot engineer his own salvation, he needs help from above, an intecessory grace, an unmerited gift which he can neither earn nor deserve, since the very flaw in the heart and will of man involves pride and pride always goes before the fall..

Therefore, my goal is to learn the Kabbalah for no other reason that to better know, and be known by, Christ. imho, anything else, any other "effort" would be absurd, since it would involve putting oneself to spiritual death.

Learning how to recieve, and to allow the ego to completely disolve in the light of God would be the only other possible way absent belief in Jesus Christ I would think, but that would in effect involve immitating Christ himself, and in the process coming to know him and be known by him in spirit. "No one comes to the Father but by me" is still valid, and it's an all inclusive, not an exclusive proposition. It's an invitation to love as we are loved by God, and a demonstration of that love. Why people would reject it, is also absurd. Aside from the manipulation of what may be called "churchianity", the only reason that I can think of, is that it is an offense to the pride of man..

At this point, those are my thoughts..

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Isn't it important to distinguish that it was not the tree of knowledge, but the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The tree of life is all about awareness I think.

It can be looked at from several different perspectives, but awareness is a great starting point. The Tree exists everywhere, and the more one becomes familiar with correspondences, the more it means to you.

Thus to eat of that tree is to eat of a spiritual death, because that is not how reality is made, or the human being in relation to God the uncreated first/last cause.

I don't think that eating of that tree brings spiritual death, since we are not spiritually dead, although we all have eaten therefrom (thus we exist in the plane of matter). But it certainly sets several barriers between ourselves and Pure Spirit.

Knowledge in the Kabbalah Tree of Life is missing, for a reason. There is no knowledge per se, just experience, of joy, love, oneness, of being and becoming.

The "experts" are often ambiguous concerning Knowledge as a false Sephira. Kenneth Grant, who used Crowley as a beginning point, says that in Da'ath, there is an inverse tree called the Tree of Death. This Tree contains the 10 Sephiroth inverted, connected by the 22 Tunnels of Set. The Tree of Death is therefore (according to Grant) the primary obstacle between the Aspirant and Pure Spirit.

Aleister Crowley sees Da'ath as the Abyss, entirely chaotic, dark, and in perpetual confusion. On Dec. 3, 1909, Crowley invoked the 14th Aire of the Enochian system in order aid him in crossing the Abyss. His experience was recorded in his "The Vision and the Voice", from which I here quote:

The Angel re-appears.

The blackness gathers about, so thick, so clinging, so penetrating, so oppressive, that all the other darkness that I have ever conceived would be like bright light beside it.

His voice comes in a whisper: O thou that art master of the fifty gates of Understanding, is not my mother a black woman? O thou that art master of the Pentagram, is not the egg of spirit a black egg? Here abideth terror, and the blind ache of the Soul, and lo! even I, who am the sole light, a spark shut up, stand in the sign of Apophis and Typhon.

I am the snake that devoureth the spirit of man with the lust of light. I am the sightless storm in the night that wrappeth the world about with desolation. Chaos is my name, and thick darkness. Know thou that the darkness of the earth is ruddy, and the darkness of the air is grey, but the darkness of the soul is utter blackness.

The egg of the spirit is a basilisk egg, and the gates of the understanding are fifty, that is the sign of the Scorpion. The pillars about the neophyte are crowned with flame, and the vault of the Adepts is lighted by the Rose. And in the abyss is the eye of the hawk. But upon the great sea shall the Master of the Temple find neither star nor moon.

And I was about to answer him: "The light is within me." But before I could frame the words, he answered me with the great word that is the Key of the Abyss. And he said: Thou hast entered the night; dost thou yet lust for day? Sorrow is my name, and affliction. I am girt about with tribulation. Here still hangs the Crucified One, and here the Mother weeps over the children that she hath not borne. Sterility is my name, and desolation. Intolerable is thine ache, and incurable thy wound. I said, Let the darkness cover me; and behold, I am compassed about with the blackness that hath no name. O thou, who hast cast down the light into the earth, so must thou do for ever. And the light of the sun shall not shine upon thee, and the moon shall not lend thee of her lustre, and the stars shall be hidden, because thou art passed beyond these things, beyond the need of these things, beyond the desire of these things.

What I thought were shapes of rocks, rather felt than seen, now appear to be veiled Masters, sitting absolutely still and silent. Nor can any one be distinguished from the others.

And the Angel sayeth: Behold where thine Angel hath led thee! Thou didst ask fame, power and pleasure, health and wealth and love, and strength, and length of days. Thou didst hold life with eight tentacles, like an octopus. Thou didst seek the four powers and the seven delights and the twelve emancipations and the two and twenty Privileges and the nine and forty Manifestations, and lo! thou art become as one of These. Bowed are their backs, whereon resteth the universe. Veiled are their faces, that have beheld the glory Ineffable.

These adepts seem like Pyramids --- their hoods and robes are like Pyramids.

And the Angel sayeth: Verily is the Pyramid a Temple of Initiation. Verily also is it a tomb. Thinkest thou that there is life within the Masters of the Temple, that sit hooded, encamped upon the Sea? Verily, there is no life in them.

Their sandals were the pure light, and they have taken them from their feet and cast them down through the abyss, for this Aethyr is holy ground.

Herein no forms appear, and the vision of God face to face, that is transmuted in the Athanor called dissolution, or hammered into one forge of meditation, is in this place but a blasphemy and a mockery.

And the Beatific Vision is no more, and the glory of the Most High is no more. There is no more knowledge. There is no more bliss. There is no more power. There is no more beauty. For this is the Palace of Understanding: for thou art one with the Primeval things.

Drink in the myrrh of my speech, that is bruised with the gall of the roc, and dissolved in the ink of the cuttle-fish, and perfumed with the deadly nightshade.

This is thy wine, who wast drunk upon the wine of Iacchus. And for bread shalt thou eat salt, O thou on the corn of Ceres that didst wax fat! For as pure being is pure nothing, so is pure wisdom pure ---, and so is pure understanding silence, and stillness, and darkness. The eye is called seventy, and the triple Aleph whereby thou perceivest it, divideth into the number of the terrible word that is the Key of the Abyss.

I am Hermes, that am sent from the Father to expound all things discreetly in these the last words that thou shalt hear before thou take thy seat among these, whose eyes are sealed up, and whose ears are stopped, and whose mouths are clenched, who are folded in upon themselves, the liquor of whose bodies is dried up, so that nothing remains but a little pyramid of dust.

And that bright light of comfort, and that piercing sword of truth, and all that power and beauty that they have made of themselves, is cast from them, as it is written, "I saw Satan like lightning fall from Heaven." And as a flaming sword is it dropt through the abyss, where the four beasts keep watch and ward. And it appeareth in the heaven of Jupiter as a morning star, or as an evening star. And the light thereof shineth even unto the earth, and bringeth hope and help to them that dwell in the darkness of thought, and drink of the poison of life. Fifty are the gates of understanding, and one hundred and six are the seasons thereof. And the name of every season is Death.

During all this speech, the figure of the Angel has dwindled and flickered, and now it is gone out.

And I come back in the body, rushing like a flame in a great wind. And the shew-stone has become warm, and in it is its own light.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sounds like a type of spiritual death or dying process..

I've noted that in the Bible, the abyss is almost always referred to, when it's not referring to the ocean, the realm of non-existence or a hellish place from which there is no escape, like some sort of cosmic garbage disposal mechanism. Into the abyss the evil things go..

Who knows, maybe it's physical counterpart is a black hole..?

I've had a couple of experiences of getting present to the presence of the nothing that is everything, and what I felt and was aware of at the time, was that experiencing the true nature of the present moment, is to stand on a ground of a knowing which is not knowing, of absolute uncertainty, and that to me is the holy of holies. But it's nothing like the abyss of anihilation, of being outside of the sphere or set apart in the outer darkness. I don't think there's any crossing that abyss and that Crowley was out on a fools errand which would bring a man to ruin.

I stand by the notion that to know, to REALLY know, is to know or be aware of the realm of the unknown, and even of the unknown unknown, or that space of limitless possibility wherein exists all knowledge and experience, but to the human being, it is something that you do not know, and don't even know you don't know - and getting to presence to that realm, is to know with absolute certainty, that there is nothing to know with absolute certainty, if that makes any sense at all.

Pure spirit is pure experience. We cannot understand God. God can only be experienced, and the experience of God, and the creative dynamic and power of God, is love, and what is love if not a love of action willing to give of itself for the sake of another's growth and well being..

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I do believe that the reason man cannot eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, without suffering spiritual death, is because man was created by God to contain God or the Spirit of the Living God, not, to replace God, or, in making such an attempt, to be forever damned to an eternal fall, and an eternal separation from the center and the source of all being which is where God lives. Knowing this, the plan was set in motion from the beginning, to create a return path to God (with twin pillars intact), so as not to leave us orphaned and forever separated from our Creator. God is God. His throne cannot be usurpted, and it is for this reason, that I believe the final proper relationship between man and God is that of an intimate I-Thou relationship, like that of child to parent. Therefore, the final framework is a family framework, and I can live with that, and relate to it. To better understand or relate to God, we then need only consider our own familial relationships, and the proper love which ought to frame them.

You are welcome to follow Crowley into the abyss Masonic Light, but I think you are nuts to do so. There is imho only one reason why Crowley went into the abyss or "down the drain" to ruin, while leaving a path, and that is as a lighthouse to warn other ships not to venture onto the same sheols of destruction.

The whole of heaven is yours, just leave this one irrational tree alone..

What is wrong with us, that we cannot accept such an offer? We even have the cross of Christ, a meaningful death within the contextual framework of Kabbalistic Judaism and the passover lamb (passover of the angel of death), and still, we reject what God offers in preference to attempting to BE God without limitation. How pathetic are we? How foolish, in the face of something we cannot begin to comprehend, and were never meant to, for we alone in creation, are the created being who, by design, is meant to function as a divine temple for God Himself to dwell within!

We are insane!

Oh God of all creation, bring sanity to humanity, that we might begin the process of creating your rightful house here on earth, the way it was designed by you. Amen.

And about the last thing I can say on this, is how the Kabbalah is prima face evidence, that Jesus was indeed the Christ, the Messiah, and the Savior of Humanity sent by God, to bear witness to the truth, and to serve as a sacrficial atonement offering for the sins of the one and the many.

Man cannot engineer his own salvation, and apart from God, we can do nothing.

Our weakness is God's strength, our fallibility, His to perfect.

It only makes sense when the cross is factored in and understood as a return path, and a reconcilliation.

"As my father hath sent me, even so send I you." - so it's still organic and holographic, all-inclusive and self-referrencial. Why is this not good enough?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

OmegaPoint....What do you really know?

Why not start there, with what you really know?

I would venture to say that what you know about life and that which makes you truly happy would light the truth before you.

You are not called to know every truth that exists, but only the truth that exists before you, so as to be, a just judge of your reality and your time as a "King of the Earth".

Why make yourself accountable to something you are not accountable to?

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I am a child of God, and more specifically, the adopted son of the King of the Universe. This is all I know. Everything else is just details.

I also know that good is good for goodness sake and that righteousness is its own reward.

Therefore, "evil" need not even be taken into consideration. What is good and righteous, cannot be justified relative to, or by distinguishing it against what is bad and evil. The final standard, or the tree of life if you will, is not a duality. If anything, evil is dissolved within it and by it, consumed and detroyed by righteousness - and there again, this is what we see in the cross of Jesus Christ, in the magnificent splendour of its genious. I encourage people like Masonic Light, an "adept" to take another close look at it with an open mind free from contempt, prior to investigation, or free from any pre-conceived bias, to look at it again from the perspective of the twin pillars of justice and mercy and what is represented by the middle way.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I am a child of God, and more specifically, the adopted son of the King of the Universe. This is all I know. Everything else is just details.

Wasn't that easy. See how easy the truth is, not elusive in any way. Truth is always that easy and always carries the same feeling with it...."I know the truth" not a guess or a wonder, a fact.

Grinning......

[edit on 27-3-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
You'll notice that I added and edited, because it's not just for me..

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

That is a very old and obsolete Covenant that God made with Adam. From my understanding God also made Covenants with Abraham and Mosses. We are in fact back in grace. The new Covenant with Jesus! It has something to do with his Blood being shed for our sins and they are forgiven.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The "tree" idea conveys growth and reproduction according to rules of nature.

The "of life" idea just tells you that human story tellers are alive and experiencing growth and reproduction according to rules of nature.
Everybody is in the "of life" category just by being born and the story teller is simply trying to get you into the program by reminding you that you are alive.

The "of knowledge of good and evil" idea is an awareness of actions and reactions and rules of nature, or consciousness of your power to manipulate and create by growth and reproduction.
Everybody is also in the "of knowledge of good and evil" category but with differing amounts of knowledge and the story teller is just saying that when you know more stuff you can be more awesome.

You do what you want. Rules of nature are judging us.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by THX-1138]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Sounds like a type of spiritual death or dying process..

Sort of, but not exactly. In the crossing of the Abyss, one "dies" to the elemental self, at least theoretically, and is reborn as a "Babe of the Abyss", but more on this in a minute.

I don't think there's any crossing that abyss and that Crowley was out on a fools errand which would bring a man to ruin.

In the Rosicrucian system, all Adepts must eventually cross the Abyss. It is the primary task of the Adeptus Exemptus 7°=4°. When the Exempt Adept has successfully made that pilgrimage, he or she becomes Magister Templi 8°=3°, or Master of the Temple.

I do believe that the reason man cannot eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, without suffering spiritual death, is because man was created by God to contain God or the Spirit of the Living God, not, to replace God, or, in making such an attempt, to be forever damned to an eternal fall, and an eternal separation from the center and the source of all being which is where God lives.

Yet in the creation myth of the hebrews, Adam partook of the Tree of Knowledge, and did not die spiritually. In fact, he was promised a Saviour, a Second Adam.

This allegory of Adam and the Fall teaches a profound truth. While we have eaten of the Tree of Knowledge, and fell from our original lofty position into the darkness of matter and earthly inclination, the day of our salvation is nigh.

Knowing this, the plan was set in motion from the beginning, to create a return path to God (with twin pillars intact), so as not to leave us orphaned and forever separated from our Creator.

I agree completely. It is said in one of the Outer Order ceremonies that after the Fall, God, not wanting man to be annhilated, created Nature so that he would not fall into the Void.

You are welcome to follow Crowley into the abyss Masonic Light, but I think you are nuts to do so.

I am not a high Adept, so it is not my current task to cross the Abyss. However, there will come a day in the existence of all sentient beings wherein they are called upon to perform the Great Work.

How foolish, in the face of something we cannot begin to comprehend, and were never meant to, for we alone in creation, are the created being who, by design, is meant to function as a divine temple for God Himself to dwell within!

"The Temple must be builded before the God can indwell it".

And about the last thing I can say on this, is how the Kabbalah is prima face evidence, that Jesus was indeed the Christ, the Messiah, and the Savior of Humanity sent by God, to bear witness to the truth, and to serve as a sacrficial atonement offering for the sins of the one and the many.

Man cannot engineer his own salvation, and apart from God, we can do nothing.

Man must also "work out his own salvation with fear and trembling". The sacrificial atonement of Osiris/Jesus/Mithras is a great and terrible mystery.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You know it occurs to me, that though I'm not a Mason, or an Adept Initiate of any system, that I've already done much of the work. I know the "dark night of the soul", and have been passed through dimensions, been tested, poked, prodded, tried, attacked, processed, laid upon by thieves, transfered funds, and, I've been reborn and have emerged again anew, recreated, resurrected - a few times already, FOUR times to be precise (since 1997). I've perceived an eternal kingdom of light and love, have been the end of time, the lamb of God - and now I'm just a regular guy again!

And you know, through all of it, I am beginning to suspect, that all I was undergoing, was an experience of the unending lengths to which God will go to save one, lost, sheep.

It was never about saving the world, about being a "chosen one" or performing a great work of all ages. It was about God's love for me, as an individual and one of his lost children, and now that I am saved, only now can I do anything of any value to serve, with humility, and a sense of humour, and with a confidence not of this world. And the only thing that I can boast about, is the Lord, and the Great Work of the Lord. The unsearchable depths of the mystery and all the treasure of heaven is in the Lord, and the treasure is His Love. And when you've got it, you've got it, and nothing and no one can take it away.

More Than Conquerors
28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[j] who[k] have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."[l] 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Praise God!

But is this something that every person must go through? I sure hope not for their sake. This is why some among us DO the work, so that other people do not have to. It is done as much out of neccessity, as it is love for humanity. The Great Work of the Ages has been done, more than once, but it's sure summed up in the experience of Jesus Christ on that cross. We do not need to be Jesus, nor go through that type of experience. I know I've tried. Been there done that got the t-shirt as they say. Trust me, all you need is faith in Him who was Godsent. I've tested it and it's true and an entirely valid frame of reference.

P.S. Re: Osiris. I don't know about Mithras, but Osiris was murdered, his body parts strewn to the four corners of Egypt, his penis cut off and lost in the Nile (according to the myth, swallowed by a fish of all things). Therefore, one could say that Osiris did not maintain his "integrity" through the ordeal, and the truth inherent in the myth most likely operated as the precursor to the ritual burial process of mumification, whereby his body was sown together and wrapped up with Isis attempting to perform a resurrection upon him. In other words, the resurrection of Osiris was a FALSE resurrection, lacking in integrity. But myths can have the power to serve as prophecy and the shadows of prophecy, the light of an eventual actuality.. in other words it was close but no cigar.

I felt it was important to make that distinction.

Best Regards,

OP

[edit on 28-3-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

In other words, the resurrection of Osiris was a FALSE resurrection, lacking in integrity.

I disagree. The fact that Osiris (the sun), the physical life-giver, is shining through my window right now, shows that the resurrection was vital.

However, as Crowley pointed out, the old idea of the sun god resurrection is a false idea. The anthropologist Sir James Frazer, in his masterpiece "The Golden Bough", called the myth cycle "The Formula of the Dying God", where a God-man suffers and dies so that his followers will receive eternal life. This myth cycle stems from the ancient belief that the sun dies annually, and is resurrected in spring (Easter).

Since the sun doesn't really die, Crowley used this as a method of teaching eternal life outside of the old death-and-resurrection formula. Neither matter nor spirit can really "die"; instead, they only transform.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It seems the tree of good and evil is a reflection of Satan's state. However of interest is the curse that follows by eating it. To understand this heaven on earth is like looking into a mirror or a reflection of man upright with God in nature. The curse changed all that as it is now a reflection of God's mixed with Adam's, Eve's and Satan's sin reasonings. What you end up with is a Piccasso or weird art for this creation. What is normal is not normal at all. For exsample a lion is noted as a type of Christ (the lion from the tribe of Juda) however also as a type of Satan. As Satan goes around as a roaring lion seeking who he may eat. Picutre a time when lions ate grass and had no agressive looks. It would have made a different sound have a different digestive tract and teeth. You may have known back then what it even was. You also see animals blend in with the back ground to prevent being eaten. The same as Adam and Eve used fig leaves to blend into the background to hid from God's judgment. Like the judgemnt at the tower of babel animal's sounds were changed so they would be not understood by man or themselves. What we see will someday replaced corrected in the new heaven and earth a little over a thousand years from now. I often wonder if the moon was once a living world destroyed by this curse from all the information I gather.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Markafeller
Picutre a time when lions ate grass and had no agressive looks. It would have made a different sound have a different digestive tract and teeth. You may have known back then what it even was. You also see animals blend in with the back ground to prevent being eaten.... Like the judgemnt at the tower of babel animal's sounds were changed so they would be not understood by man or themselves.

Where did you get all *that*?

new topics

<<   2 >>

join