It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Crisis Followed By War: Repeated Throughout History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think that many of you are already aware of this pattern, but I wanted to put out a theory and see what you all think.

The American Civil War was fought from 1861 through 1865. It was preceded by the panic of 1857 which lasted for three years.

The Panic of 1857 was a sudden downturn in the economy of the United States that occurred in 1857. A general recession first emerged late in 1856, but the successive failure of banks and businesses that characterized the panic began in mid-1857. While the overall economic downturn was brief, the recovery was unequal, and the lasting impact was more political than economic. The panic began with a loss of confidence in an Ohio bank, but spread as railroads failed, and fears that the US Federal Government would be unable to pay obligations in specie mounted. More than 5,000 American businesses failed within a year, and unemployment was accompanied by protest meetings in urban areas. From its peak in 1852, to its trough in 1857, the stock market declined by 66 per cent compared with inflation. [1] Eventually the panic and depression spread to Europe, South America and the Far East. No recovery was evident in the northern parts of the United States for a year and a half, and the full impact did not dissipate until the American Civil War.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then, there was the panic of 1907. This brought about the Federal Reserve System and in a mere seven years, World War One.

The panic may have deepened if not for the intervention of financier J. P. Morgan, who pledged large sums of his own money, and convinced other New York bankers to do the same, to shore up the banking system. At the time, the United States did not have a central bank to inject liquidity back into the market. By November the financial contagion had largely ended, yet a further crisis emerged when a large brokerage firm borrowed heavily using the stock of Tennessee Coal, Iron and Railroad Company (TC&I) as collateral. Collapse of TC&I's stock price was averted by an emergency takeover approved by anti-monopolist president Theodore Roosevelt. The following year, Senator Nelson W. Aldrich established and chaired a commission to investigate the crisis and propose future solutions, leading to the creation of the Federal Reserve System.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Great Depression: This brought about the New Deal, which the more I look into it, the more convinced I am that it was a NWO initiative. For example, the New Deal invented Social Security. Now Social Security has the potential to bring down our entire financial system as it is a giant ponzi scheme, and when it was first introduced, it was the world's first national identification card.

The original purpose of this number was to track individuals' accounts within the Social Security program. It has since come to be used as an identifier for individuals within the United States, although rare errors occur where duplicates do exist. Employee, patient, student, and credit records are sometimes indexed by Social Security number. The U.S. Armed Forces has used the Social Security number as an identification number for the Army and Air Force since July 1, 1969, the Navy and Marine Corps since January 1, 1972, and the Coast Guard since October 1, 1974.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then came World War Two. Many economist believe that WWII was the reason the US actually got out the depression.

After WWII, we had the Cold War. This was great for the NWO. It created the military industrial complex and lasted for almost fifty years when the Soviet Union collapsed. The American taxpayer spent an immense amount of money building, maintaining and upgrading a military that was perceived as necessary because of the "Communist" threat.

Well, ten years after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the end of the cold war, guess what we get? The attacks of 9/11. The US and UK start an unending global war on terror.

Seeing that beating up on poor middle-easterners will not be a lucrative as the cold war was, we have the collapse of the financial system in 2008.

So now I ask you, are you ready for WWIII? It seems that it is inevitable given the historical coincidences of the past.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You know, I hate it when I spend all that time researching an idea and posting it without a single comment.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I know huh!
Hey, I'll comment.
Good factoid and thanks for posting it!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
I think that many of you are already aware of this pattern, but I wanted to put out a theory and see what you all think.

Some of us experienced it in REAL time, your theory is sound...

In Yugoslavia we had a similar scenario.

It could get very ugly here in US, but not necessarily as bad as I had it over there. Only time will tell. I hope that poop does not hit the fan though, lol

new topics

top topics

join