It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British people: your country is starting to scare me.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's some related links I thought might interest some of you.

bigbrotherstate.blogspot.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by marsha law
reply to post by Acidtastic

What's the word for those people who are paid to stir things up?

The police?

Anyway I suspect they will show up.

Yes, I've heard they'd be attending.

When I read that I laughed so hard I nearly did a little wee.

Normally I hate it when people post the WHOLE of a previous post - but that one deserves it.

I hope we're wrong about it being too late for us because we're not sufficiently like the French.

One thing I have noticed. Just before the credit crunch really started to bite, there were suddenly a lot of programmes on TV about the Great Depression. Anyone else find that odd?

And the other thing that's kind of funny is how David Icke is starting to look like someone who's always had his finger on the pulse. Now this video is quite long, and he does wander off into going on about the Illuminati bloodlines at times, but that's just a good opportunity to make a quick cuppa. But there's a surprising amount on sense in the video, and it does show that he's starting to get some traction among the Good People of Middle (-class) England.

Note that he was talking about the traffic warden business almost a year ago, for instance.

David Icke: Big Brother - The Big Picture

I have to say that I've really started to warm to him. There was a programme a little while ago made by some bloke who's a mate of Ricky Gervais. Now I think, based on what I've seen of him, that Gervais is a talented writer and comedian but a s*** and a bully in real life, and he promoted this guy (whose name I can't remember) because he's not terribly bright, believes all sorts of nonsense, and is easy to take the p*** out of.

So this guy winds up doing a programme about "what is intelligence?" and wound up hanging out with Will Self, Germaine Greer, and David Icke. Icke was the only one to treat him like a human being. Will Self bullied him in a none-too-subtle way, Greer lost patience with him, but Icke just spoke to him like a person.

Getting back to the thread - yes, it seems to me that Thatch was actually groomed and put in place to put in the neoliberal agenda.

At the risk of sounding paranoid and alienating our American cousins, I think there's a certain amount of evidence to suggest that the implosion in the labour party was manipulated. Anyone who knows their history will understand that this is nothing to be surprised about.

Of course, TPTB have a bit of a problem on their hands in that NEW Labour are running out of road, while the Tories are still not looking terribly electable - and will remain so as long as they have Brian the Snail in charge.

However, the very nature of older generations and the most predictable thing about that particular demographic is that it's quite literally dying off. Government is bothered about this particular social strata of protesters messing-up any plans, not when they can play a waiting game they are destined to win. Give it another decade, maybe two tops and the bulk of people who really give a # or perhaps more importantly, know anything different, will be either dead or not in a position to do anything about it.

That is a very trenchant and worrying point. Did you see my RFID thread? Not, apparently, the most popular topic in the world but I think not irrelevant to this topic.

It's the younger generation who are actually getting themselves chipped. Bless 'em, they think it's cool.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Big Brother is watching them... INGSOC will come soon!!!!! Scary things haha

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Bassman86]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

That is a very trenchant and worrying point. Did you see my RFID thread? Not, apparently, the most popular topic in the world but I think not irrelevant to this topic. It's the younger generation who are actually getting themselves chipped. Bless 'em, they think it's cool.

Your absolutely right it not irrelevant infact its highly relevant particularly now the technology is getting so cheap. Every shop they go in and out of will record that with date and time a bit like etag on toll roads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join