It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Schmo Show - I Loved it and want another back! Anyone else see those 2 shows?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Everyonce in awhile I look online to see, if there will be another Joe Schmo Show on Spike T.V. I LOVED those two shows they did!! I would roll over laughing at everything. They were literally some of the best shows on T.V., because it was funny and a practical (eleborate) joke at the same time.

Has anyone else watched those shows? I taped the Joe Schmo 2 show and gave it to my sister to watch, when it was over. She lost the tapes.

I liked the first, but the 2nd was killer to me! Especially the deranged guy (Bryce) they had.. that kept coming back.

I think about that show once every 6 months, and still wish every time, they would bring another back.

Anyone else love the show and want another back?

[edit on 25-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I found some youtubes of it

The above is the very first one.

Will add more

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
To all Joe Schmo shows on youtube.

I finally figured out the s2e1p1 numbers and vids

to see them in order the sequence meanings are:

s2 = season 2

e = episode

the number after is either 1 through 9 etc. of which episode

p = is the part of that episode

number after is which part.

So, if you want to watch it - if you never have I HIGHLY recommend - it really is the best show!

so

start with s2e1p1 and go from there, following the numbers correctly.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Link to all the Schmo shows season 2 on youtube for finding the ones to watch.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
season 1 of the show was hysterical. second season wasn't as good. The concept and execution of that first season were brilliant. The winner was a real sport. I'd have been pretty irate over being made a fool for that long.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I loved it though, it is so outrageous.

I just watched season 2 completely on youtube.

I laughed so hard!

It has been 5 years now, they really should do another, it is about time, people won't suspect it now.

I do need to rewatch season 1 again.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I doubt if it would work these days. when they made the first Schmo show, reality shows hadn't devolved into a series of opportunities for any loser on the planet to show how desperate they are for attention.

5, 6 years ago, reality shows were silly and over the top but they hadn't yet devolved into the humiliation fests we see now. the worst you had was bad singing, people eating bugs and other such fare. now you have obese people in bikinis, addicts off the wagon, obnoxious spoiled women, vain, pathetic men and enough z list celebs to film a thousand straight to video movies each week.

all of them competing with regular, every day losers for the coveted crown declaring them biggest train wreck.

Chuck Barris was way ahead of his time. He did this with The Gong Show and the $1.98 Beauty Show, among others.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

But imagine, wouldn't that make it even more hilarious?

The 2 Joe Schmo's were involving very real people, who were in it for the fun and experience, but they were not "attention" seekers.

Imagine some that would apply now, though they definitly need to do a psyhic evaluation of everyone.

I don't watch much t.v., but I really think the Joe Schmo's went a step up by parodying other reality shows.

I just enjoy the laughter of it too, my eyes water from laughing so hard.

btw: Spike t.v., does not have anything about it on their webpage anymore. I searched and searched and could not find anything about the show..... so that has given me hope.

The fact they took any mention of the show off their webpage, to me, makes me think, they may be bringing another one out (wishful and trying to see things that aren't there maybe), so they took any mention of previous ones off.

I really have enjoyed watching it and letting loose with laughter, I need that, as we all do right now.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Hey, I have looked for season 1 on youtube and can't find it, I guess only season 2 is on.

They do sell season 1 dvds - oh well, I guess I won't be watching it over again.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
www.amazon.com...

Kristen Wiig was on the first season.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Wow, I had no idea she was on it!

Thank you, obviously after the show, she was picked up by SNL - she is very good - she seems to be taking Amy Polher's place as the top female on it now.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

not a big fan of her on SNL but she's far less annoying in roles like schmo or in her new movie Adventureland (great flick, opens in a week or two).

I can't believe the first season is not to be found. very odd.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

She does very good character's on SNL.

I did find an article during my searches of Season 1 - basically saying the same thing as you have..... they just would not be able to pull off any more Joe Schmos again.

They were 2 that will not be duplicated again.

I want to figure out how to download from youtube the season 2 - I also don't want to spend 38 on season 1 at Amazon.

Interesting they allowed season 2 on youtube - considering season 1 is not and only for sale.

But again, of all shows (reality) I believe these 2 to be the funniest I have ever seen. Yes, it was at another person's expense, but dang - they sure were FUNNY!

Maybe it is that - warped side of my sense of humor that has gotten such a kick out of them.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
perhaps you can't find it on youtube because they want you to buy the first season.

I'm sure it's on those file sharing sites

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I am not familar with vid sharing sites. I will look it up. I am also looking on ebay for a joe schmo season 1 vid.

Thank you for the info.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Sorry I missed this.

Yes I remember Joe Schmo Show... and I agree it was hilarious.
When they threw the plates into the fireplace..... so over the top.

It was quite original...wish they had more of this on tv now.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

I wish we could watch the 1st season online, without having to purchase the vid, like we can the 2nd season.

I am trying to get one off ebay, but am being out bid.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I found a site to download season 1 Joe Schmo show.

I just haven't figured out how to do it yet. I have tried, but I am also not good at this type of thing. So others may find it very easy, but I will keep trying until I accomplish it..... I hope :bnghd:

the site for downloading is here: www.btmon.com...

edit: still haven't figured out how to actually get it, but also wanted those who are interested, the site it is at, seems very risque..... FYI.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by questioningall]

new topics

top topics

join