It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mich. baseball park offers 4,800 calorie burger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Mich. baseball park offers 4,800 calorie burger

www.msnbc.msn.com

The West Michigan Whitecaps, a minor league baseball team, will be offering up major league cholesterol, carbohydrates and calories in an enormous hamburger being added to the menu this year at the Fifth Third Ballpark.

The 4-pound, $20 burger features five beef patties, five slices of cheese, nearly a cup of chili and liberal doses of salsa and corn chips, all on an 8-inch sesame-seed bun. That’s a lot of dough!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
LOL This is just great. While most Americans struggle to lose a few lbs, this baseball park will be encouraging visitors to gain a few lbs.

Not that I am complaining.... If I was into beef, and rich, I would hit that every week.

Btw:

The Grand Rapids Press reports that anyone who eats the entire 4,800-calorie behemoth in one sitting will receive a special T-shirt.

Finish the burger, get a free T-shirt. Reminds me of those restaurants with the 50oz steak or whatever... They say to finish the steak, get it FREE, PLUS get your picture on the wall, for the accomplishment.

Nevermind though... Come to think of it, the burger in the picture honestly doesn't even look good.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-3-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Good luck eating that thing with out a fork. And even more luck eating it with out some help! If you do manage to eat the whole thing by you're self maybe you do deserve to die

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

At some point somebody will eat one of these, vapor-lock and then sue them. The sad thing is that fatty will probably get a settlement.

There is some AAA club in the midwest who serves up a bacon cheesburger on a KrispyKreme.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Who can afford a $20 hamburger in Michigan? With the jobless rate as it is, I'd say not too many. If they did offer it free to anyone who could eat it, that might work, but a free t-shirt? Nahhh...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is news? People are well aware of what they are eating. If they choose to eat foods that they know are fattening, and artery clogging, then they are responsible for their own health. The whole "banning trans fat" thing is stupid. Let people eat what they want. I cook most of my foods in butter. Yep, artery clogging, sweet cream butter. And I love it. If I'm gonna die for doing so, who's to blame? Me. I know what it is potentially doing to me. Last time I had my cholesterol tested, I was good, and I've been eating this way all of my life, and I'm 33 now.

And the news comment isn't so much directed at the OP, but at mainstream media, who isn't hurting business for the park, but advertising for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I've gone to this ballpark twice. My last company party was there.

I live very close to it.

They are based in Grand Rapids.

But yeah...4800 calories? come on.

It costs a fortune for a hot dog and a coke...besides..who wants to eat something like this while watching a game?

They do have a nice fireworks show though!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
am i the only person that thinks "DAMN.. I WANT ONE?"

im not a fattie or eat non stop #, i like a balanced diet and to eat as healthy as i can..

but DAM !!! that looks like the holy grail of burgers, and if theirs one think i have weekness for its BURGERS!

mmmmmmmmmmmm ,,..

(i might mate one myself at the weekend, if i do ill post pics! )

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

At some point somebody will eat one of these, vapor-lock and then sue them. The sad thing is that fatty will probably get a settlement.

There is some AAA club in the midwest who serves up a bacon cheesburger on a KrispyKreme.

I love me a good hamburger, but with KrispyKreme? Eeeeeeeek! I'd like to give this burger in the OP a shot, but I don't think I could eat it all. By the way, I had a great, juicy burger at the VA hospital cafeteria today. The burger was freshly cooked, still hot when I bit into it, and the lettuce and tomato were still cold. What a sensation that was!!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
That's like 2-3 days worth of calories lol. How many of those would Phelps eat in a day, like 3? Thought I read somewhere he eats over 10,000 calories a day.

It's funny how these massively weird food items get so much publicity. It's like at the MN state fair, every year they got something even more gross deep fried on a stick

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sometimes I think it's right for you Americans not to have a national health service - man imagine the drain on recources the idiots that eat those things out of some sense of bravado... I'm not even sure how many days it would take me to get through that many calories - 5 maybe?

Jeese I just run that through an online calorie calculator - I like to juggle so it says for 4,800 calories a 150 pound person could Juggle non stop for 17.7 hours!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
as one of the worlds foremost leading connoisseurs of double cheese burgers, i have to say that does not look too appetizing. I hate when people basterdize burgers with alot of contrasting extras. they are usually good to go as is.

I could rock the hell out of one of those 50 ounce steaks though,

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
and i care about this.... why?
its news like this that makes me think the media is a dog and pony show for the idiots that compose the public.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
They give you that tiny plate for that burger eh? You'd be more busy eating it off the ground then off that plate. I'd give it a go, i'll take many of napkins, some alka-seltzer, and a large diet coke.. Used to work at a restaurant and always got a giggle out of people ordering massive fatty foods and then a diet coke with it. Anyways hope this team has a great year as baseball approaches! GO CUBBIES!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Reminds me of this,

[edit on 25-3-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Why the %^* is this even on ATS? I mean, cmon folks! There is no conspiracy or hint of one here. Move along.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
am i the only person that thinks "DAMN.. I WANT ONE?"

im not a fattie or eat non stop #, i like a balanced diet and to eat as healthy as i can..

but DAM !!! that looks like the holy grail of burgers, and if theirs one think i have weekness for its BURGERS!

mmmmmmmmmmmm ,,..

(i might mate one myself at the weekend, if i do ill post pics! )

Hell yeah!

I'm a gym freak/healthy food freak and I love getting down and dirty with a well made burger once and a while. None of this processed mcdonalds/buggery king rubbish though.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And I thought living off of three 820+ calorie MRE's a day in the field was bad for me. The resulting bowel movements turn to legendary feats when finished. 4800 calories?! Hot damn, that's a REAL burger right there! Boy howdy!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
Why the %^* is this even on ATS? I mean, cmon folks! There is no conspiracy or hint of one here. Move along.

The conspiracy is that it looks so good but has the potential for death

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My god thats made me hungry

just before bed too.

<<   2 >>

join