It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham Zapruder's Role @ JFK Assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Some of you may be able to shed much more light on this topic, but several pieces of information have made me more interested in the role of Abraham Zapruder during the assassination of President Kennedy. I became interested in how Zapruder happened to choose a almost perfect view of the "kill zone" of the assassination. I was further interested in what Zapruder (and the girl stabilizing him) could view and hear from his position. When I happened to see a view from the School Depository building in the DVD version of "JFK" that included the pedestal, grassy knoll, and picket fence area to the tripple overpass, this convinced me that Zapruder had picked the only place where you could look over the picket fence and see any shooters in that area. Due to the trees in that area, I doubt that anyone on the tripple overpass could see under the trees unless they happened to be on the very north end.

If the shooters were behind the picket fence as claimed, Zapruder would have to very near the line of fire, and impossible to miss seeing. His film would have been confiscated immediately, or more likey he would have been told to move to another location had he not been a part of the plan.

I believe that Zapruder was a conspirator who made sure no other person could be in the only area with a view over the fence, and created a film that could be used to fabricate a highly edited film promoted as documentary evidence of exactly what happened. Walt Disney studio had invented a camera that allowed them to create multiple composite layers and move the layers closer or further away to give their animated films more deminsion, but also useful for other editing during that time period. In "Dr. Strangelove" they used a similar optical scanner to show Slim Pickens riding the bomb down out of the bomb bay, so the state of the art in editing would allow more editing than the general public understood was possible. People have pointed out many inconsistencies in where people said they were positioned, the braking of the limo to near stopped, and the movements of people at impossible speeds. The ability to modify the film was definately available in 1963 and to the time it was first shown to the public.

I am wondering what is known about Zapruder including ties to the CIA. He was supposed to know DeMorenschild by some organization, but I have not found much on his background yet.

I believe that if we had the original film and it had sound, there would be no further debate over more than one shooter.

Note: The view on "JFK" DVD is very short, less than 2 seconds. You have to pause when it comes up soon after Garrison and his investiator are timing the 3 gun shots in the "Dalls School book Depository". I believe it is at about 1:16:42. The trees may have been removed that covered the shooters, but seen in another view they prevent a view from most of the overpass.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Fraud

I believe that Zapruder was a conspirator who made sure no other person could be in the only area with a view over the fence, and created a film that could be used to fabricate a highly edited film promoted as documentary evidence of exactly what happened.
Note: The view on "JFK" DVD is very short, less than 2 seconds. You have to pause when it comes up soon after Garrison and his investiator are timing the 3 gun shots in the "Dalls School book Depository". I believe it is at about 1:16:42. The trees may have been removed that covered the shooters, but seen in another view they prevent a view from most of the overpass.

Wow... where to start? Zapruder was a member of the Democratic Party and a staunch supporter of Kennedy. That right there should tell you something. He was a clothing manufacturer who founded his own company in 1954 and had offices right off of Dealey Plaza.

He was where he was because it was near his place of employment and offered the best vantage point inwhich to see the President drive by. In the confusion of the moment I do not believe personally that anyone would have been able to confiscate his film. The main priority was capturing the shooter, not looking for people who may have taken photographs of the crime.

Its fun to look at something and make up a neat conspiracy... but I'm sorry brother, you are wrong with this one imo. I would be interested however, in how you refute everything I have said and see where you go with it. I just think that your giving the Government, or whoever, too much credit and intelligence to plan this that far ahead (meaning a plan to change the photographic evidence). I do understand how it is logical to look at every piece of this puzzle and look for who was involved... however I do not think enough evidence exists to involve Zapruder in this conspiracy.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Alienmojo]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Alienmojo]

new topics

join