It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting out of Social Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I used a search and found nothing on this subject.

I have heard there are ways to get out of paying your social security and receiving all dollars back that you have paid into the system.

How big of a pain would it be to get out, if anyone knows?

Also, do you plan on getting your children a SS#?

Link one

This is a google cached page, I can't seem to find anything on how to get out.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29MV29
I have heard there are ways to get out of paying your social security and receiving all dollars back that you have paid into the system.

Yes. Retire (seriously.) But you don't get the money back till you hit 65. Or become a citizen of another country. You can move to Mexico or Costa Rica.

You can also resolve to never work and to go live on a piece of land you own somewhere. You'll have limited access to medical care and you probably won't be able to afford a vehicle or much of anything.

How big of a pain would it be to get out, if anyone knows?

It's easy to quit working. Just... don't work.

Also, do you plan on getting your children a SS#?

Yes, my kids have a SS#. That allows them to be on my medical insurance.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Actually the retirement age has been raised to 67 now. I heard it in the local office when I was getting my card changed over to my married name.

29, I've always thought that the money they SUCK from my paycheck should be set aside for ME, (after all, I DID work hard for it).

But alas, because I (nor any other average little guy/girl) has any say in the matter the money they SUCK from us now is being given to...what do you know!!!....the demographical group with the largest amount of spendable income !

Hey, I have no problem getting back what you put in, but when you start to get into the negatives that's when it's time to stop. Especially when you see rich old people who go on collecting long after what they put in is gone.

Sorry for the rant. Sore. sore. SORE point with me.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Byrd,
Sorry to say but I'm disappointed with your post.

I know it can be done; social security is a voluntary program.

I've heard on the radio (I believe it was 890 AM in Chicago) of people that have actually done it, they said it was a pain in the ass but well worth it.

So, I guess I�ll keep looking for info.

Thanks anyway

top topics

join