It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vandals attack home of Ex-Bank Chief Goodwin.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I know this is just a tiny part of the mess relating to the financial mess we are in, but i wondered how long it would be before this kind of thing happened.

The home of former bank boss Sir Fred Goodwin has been attacked by vandals.

Windows were smashed at the villa and a car parked in the driveway was also damaged.

Sir Fred, ex-chief executive of Royal Bank Of Scotland (RBS), was criticised after he was given a pension worth £700,000 a year, despite the bank being bailed-out by the Government.

The windows of a Mercedes were smashed in the attack early this morning in Edinburgh

Source: Vandals Attack Home Of Ex-Bank Chief Goodwin

I do feel sorry for any children caught up in this sort of revenge attack, but as for those it is aimed at, i think this is just the beginning.

I thought we would have seen it in the US before we saw it here, but then again, i guess everyone is angry right now.

CX.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I don't think this is will be the only acts of vandalism against greedy banker's properties. It's a shame that children are involved but the safety of his family is now under threat because of his actions.

When you piss of an entire country, small acts of vandalism are the very least you can expect.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Like it matters anyway, small repairs to those bankers.
they wont even blink at this, all they will do isup their security a lil more.
But I like the gesture of the people who did it to let them know that they arent hard to find.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
High profile criminals, and rogue polititians like these bankers, really should be properly investigated by the Police and brought to justice.
It's not really fair that their families are put at risk, sooner or later an innocent may be harmed in this situation that looks like escalating.
I would urge all concerned, to consider the families, and only go after the real criminals here, after all that is what our Police Forces are for !
Our laws can be made to work for the good of the common people, all we have to do is persuade the Police to take action.

In hope of Justice,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by horsegiver
I would urge all concerned, to consider the families, and only go after the real criminals here, after all that is what our Police Forces are for !

Horsegiver.

What about the many many thousands of families that are now bankrupt because of this man. You don't hear about the many children losing their homes and families because of his actions.

The pain he has caused to MANY people can never be matched.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Like it matters anyway, small repairs to those bankers.
they wont even blink at this, all they will do isup their security a lil more.
But I like the gesture of the people who did it to let them know that they arent hard to find.

Yes, it's peanuts in monetary terms, but it's genuinely priceless when it reminds them that their ill-gotten gains hasn't put them out of reach or made them untouchable.

Honestly? I hope these people live in fear for the rest of their lives. I hope the uncertainty and security of their future literally cripples them and destroys their lives. Pretty much in the same way their idiocy is now going to affect millions of other families.

I've said this before on another thread, but when people like this can destroy the economy of whole nations and literally ruin the lives of millions, it's nothing short of the scale of ruin that usually reserved for war. I honestly believe these people should be treated with the same kind of severity as war criminals.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Was this the incident organized by Acorn?

I believe Acorn was arranging the bus tours of Bankers executive family homes. Sounds like Acorn. The Obama administration (Geitner) directed Reed to add the loophole in the Bailout bill that allowed bonuses. Then Obama himself pretended to be angry about the bonuses. However he himself received $101,000 in campaign contributions from AIG.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I've personally lost a lot of money thanks to the actions of Goodwin and his supersized ego while he was head of RBS.

That said, I cannot condone such an attack.

Two wrongs do not make a right in this case.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
Was this the incident organized by Acorn?

I believe Acorn was arranging the bus tours of Bankers executive family homes. Sounds like Acorn. The Obama administration (Geitner) directed Reed to add the loophole in the Bailout bill that allowed bonuses. Then Obama himself pretended to be angry about the bonuses. However he himself received $101,000 in campaign contributions from AIG.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Dbriefed]

As crazy or unlikely as it may seem, Britain has its own banking crisis. Whatever you think of Obama or Acorn, it's pretty doubtful that Acorn is organising vandalism attacks in Edinburgh (that's in Scotland).

Or perhaps you don't think there's any Scottish people angry enough to do this? That it perhaps takes American backing for someone to kick-off like this?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
As crazy or unlikely as it may seem, Britain has its own banking crisis. Whatever you think of Obama or Acorn, it's pretty doubtful that Acorn is organising vandalism attacks in Edinburgh (that's in Scotland).

Or perhaps you don't think there's any Scottish people angry enough to do this? That it perhaps takes American backing for someone to kick-off like this?

I actually think that other countries are more likely to do these things -- for now, at least.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Too right this should happen, although it isnt fair on the kids, but in reality i bet those kids, and the wife for that matter, never get a job, live a life of luxury and all at whos expense! Their fathers STOLEN wealth, whilst the rest of us break our backs earning pittence for some pharma bread and water design to kill us off.

They should drag this guy out onto the street and give him what he deserves he's no better than a kiddy fiddler, murder, rapist, terrorist or drug dealer (and the rest) for the damage that he and his counterparts have caused.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Pffft...smashing a few windows will solve nothing...

We should get building a trebuchet and wheel it down the street toward his house. If your going to do a job, do it properly!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wheres this guy live?
Id like to go tinkle on his lawn, too.
I hope they vanalise him next time.
Maybe spray-paint him or something.
I have no feelings for this thug.
At all.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Funny lol. I wanted to do this to my local AIG building, its only a town away form me..
But yes, breakign windows is kinda petty... If it was me, and wanted to send a strong public anger example...
pour gasoline down the chimmney so it goes into the furnace gallons of it...
get yuor friends 69 camaro or 67 mustang, and rip tear the property up, so all the grass is reduced to skidded and peeled out on dirt..
throw moltav cocktails throught the baasement windows...
set the local trees and shrubs on fire, so the fire is so great, it consumes the house..it just might rule out foul play when investigated

top topics

join