It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a REAL Genie???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I said it, but I don't know what A abvoe Middle C sounds like. I couldn't find a sample on the internet.

Maybe if I said it right, I would win the Mega Millions tonight. Oh well, I got a fraze that might be more powerful that MARA, here goes:

A Dollar and a Dream.

I did feel oddly calm when chanting though.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I got this from Wikipedia. Seems MARA is a word often associated with death. Watch, all of us schmucks chanting tonight wake up dead tomorrow.

Mara (goddess), from Latvian mythology
Mara (folklore), a wraith-like creature in Germanic and particularly Scandinavian folklore, thought to cause nightmares.
Mara, also Marena and Morana, in Slavic peoples mythology, the goddess of darkness, death, winter, the Moon and horror
Naomi (Bible), self-named Mara, meaning "bitterness", after she suffered the deaths of her husband and her two sons
Mara, a Sanskrit and Pali word meaning death-bringing or the destroying
Mara (Hindu goddess), the goddess of death according to Hindu mythology
Mara (demon), a "demon" of the Buddhist cosmology, the personification of Temptation
Sri Mara or Mara Varma, an honorific title of the Pandya kings of south India
In Hindu mythology, a mantra told to Valmiki to chant
Mara, an abbreviation of Mayura

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Just as others in this thread have done. I chanted MARA and nothing happened. Nothing what soever.

What else is there to say, other than chanting that word doesnt do a thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

There is some energy to it. I feel something. It seems like it may be an ancient Egyptian word. At the very least - it is a variation on the name of the mother of God in the Amharic language of the time. The pronunciation is different to the famous Buddhist "God of Death".

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
ok , just ASSUMING for one moment that the OPs claim is valid and [ to paraphrase ] :

uttering / chanting the ` magic ` phrase MARA summons up ` your own personal genie `

lets examine the implications

as the ` summoning phrase ` is the same for every one - does the chant ` MARA ` really summon your OWN personal genie ?

if it does - then by extrapolation of current population figures there MUST be 6 billion + ` personal genies ` - and the pool is expanding daily [1]

OR

genies are " shared " - in which case what happens if you call on ` your ` genie when its " busy " ?

OR

you share an ` aspect ` of a limited number of genies - which calls into question the claim that its ` your ` genie - as it is clearly not you only have access to one of its aspects

foot notes

[1] - if thare are a potential ` infinite ` genie pool - are they all the same ? no ` bad genies ` or incompetant ones ?????????

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The whole shouting MAAAAAAARAAAAAAAA in a weird Scottish accent makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It also made me laugh somewhat!

Although above a middle G, was it, or C? Hm, this could pose somewhat a tricky situation if you don't own a musical instrument, does it not?! Although Google, or Smarties, will have the answer!

I might give it a go later on the bells of Midnight in a Scandinavian accent. Bring on the trumpets!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wasnt luke married to mara jade?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
So... What are these 'cosmic laws' it warns you so much not to break?
Those are important dontyathink?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Did you post this a few days shy of 1st April by mistake?

Soryr, but while words do have power, and in essence, so long as everyone focuses on it, infinite power (IMO, how some daemons and so forth actually work, they use belief as power, we don't believe, or believe in god they don't work because MORE people believe in god, and therefore he has more power than the daemon).

Would I chant this word? No, because I understand the law of attraction and the general way 'magick' works in the real world, I've done some seriously stupid things in my time on this earth with magick and people who have done stupid things, NEVER tell anyone to try something and warn them afterwards, they just never say in the first place. They are cowed by their mistakes into warning others, or just leaving them to their own devices, because belief is subjective, if you don't think it'll work, it won't.

Don't consider this a personal attack, but I think you're looking for a cure for yourself in these books and sigils and enchantments you keep asking others to try first. You're scared of what might occur because you have an idea of what they may do, but you want someone to get something good out of it so you can use it, you're testing the waters, like a king who asks his personal poison tester before he eats his meal.

My advice is work hard, earn and save in this uncertain world, because that's better than trying anything supernatural. If it really works, then one of two things will happen, as they always do in this situations:

1. The power you invoke will work ITS magick, you will feel no different, you will find no cures or moneys but it will have summoned something and over time, you will become different - alcohol, drugs, sex, whatever, you will find you become attached to things you had little or no interest in, you will argue with people more, you will be petty, jealous, etc.

2. It works as intended, (and possibly also includes 1.) but... The person who tried it will never let on it works, because humans work that way, they won't tell anyone else a secret if it really works, how do you think government's, or secret societies work - once a human has something, they will almost NEVER let it go. I use this as an example - if a man earned 20K a year, and he could see in his personal future he could earn 100k, but for half of that time in between he'd be penniless, he wouldn't take it, because its human nature. He'd rather have the 20k he can see and feel RIGHT now.

My advice, don't search for a cure, because sometimes the remedy is worse than the disease. If you have problems, talk to people in the real world, not daemons, not spirits, because they are not human, they can promise the world, but they never give it you, all you'll get is sorrow and pain, even if they appear to give you money and power, there are prices attached to them that are never worth paying.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I said it, and for $29.95, I will tell you what happened.

Just send payment to:

I. M. Gullable
1313 Mockingbird lane
anytown, USA

Can I get a receipt...I need to deduct it for stimulus reasons

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

A above Middle C

Isn't that the brown note?...

What a dirty trick!

Funny as # though!!!!

[edit on 2-4-2009 by daddymax]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I thought id give this a try.

I stood up, jumped, landed in an aggressive stance while shouting "MMMMMMAAAAAAARRRRRRAAAAAA" in a loud scottish accent.

Ripped the backside of my jeans, my cat got so much of a fright he scratched me right in the ass and took the curtains downstairs along with him!!

Ill have to try it naked later on without the cat and curtains.

Im still trying to figure out an excuse for the scratch to explain to my partner later when she comes in from work

On a serious note, im not buying this, if there were a secret word or whatever it is not going to be on the internet.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

Ok, this is one of the funnier posts I have read here on ATS. Nice one my friend.

This post does not have a second line.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Dudes,the only secret words i know of that might work are in Kabbalah,but even then you needed to fast and remain isolated for like two years or something,study the books, recite things at certain hours for that two years,and having maintained this purity for this length of time flawlessly,could you invoke supernatural occurance through using gods secret name,was it YAHWEH pronounced in a certain way?

Anyways it seems by Kabbalism you couldn't just say a word,you either wrote the given word on an exact type of cloth to invoke,say...... invisibility,or a symbol on bloodstone for some kinda protection,i forget
read the story of the Golem and its invocation to see.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I said it and said it but Kevin Rudd is still alive and I still have a tiny penis...Damn

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okiminletsdoit!

Anyways it seems by Kabbalism you couldn't just say a word,you either wrote the given word on an exact type of cloth to invoke,say...... invisibility,or a symbol on bloodstone for some kinda protection,i forget
read the story of the Golem and its invocation to see.

en.wikipedia.org...

Didn´t I tell you Magick is dangerous for your mental health ....

Originally posted by Aztec Riddle
I said it and said it but Kevin Rudd is still alive and I still have a tiny penis...Damn

That´s what I need on a silent sunday ... HUMOR

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

you probably freaked the poor thing out

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ugh, topics like this are useless and ruining ATS. It makes us look like a bunch of fools to be quite honest.

I said it many times, in many ways just to see if it would be any different or if i was maybe pronouncing it wrong, nothing happened and now I feel dumb and gullible.

Guys, the warm rush is placebo, I know because it happened to me also.

But that site in the first post is awful and full of disinfo and gullibility.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The concept of genies are interesting, but I think you've been watching too much Aladdin if you honestly believe in them.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Random Thoughts:

Judging from this thread it would seem you "Scots" have an issue with de-clawing your cats! Maybe it's a kilt thing, I dunno....

Kinda reminds me of the 70's when everyone was into meditation. You know seeing all your college cronies sitting cross legged and spouting out Harrummm, or HooRay or some such thing. I tried that because one of them told me that 20 minutes of meditation was like 2 hours of sleep. What they failed to understand was that my ADD always kicked in at about the 2 minute mark.

Who moved my cheese?
The Secret?
Tony Robbins....Depak.....Dr. Phil.....

I dunno, maybe the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

I said the word a bunch of times. I still feel crappy inside. My life still sucks and I still have my crappy part time job

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join