It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make your voice heard! Getting politicians to take note of the UFO phenomenon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I finally know enough about the subject of UFOs to say that I genuinely think that there's a latent security threat imminent in these sightings. That said I've finally worked up the nerve to contact my congressmen to encourage them to address the outstanding concerns so many UFO enthusiasts voice, but fail to convey in such a way as to convince or motivate those in power to act.

Below is a copy of the letter I sent out.

For those of you who agree with the sentiment that the USAF, or another branch of government, should reopen their study of the UFO phenomenon; I encourage you to fax, email, and write your senators and house representatives a copy of the below letter.

Hello [Senator, Congressman, etc] [Name],

I recently ran across an article on the Defense Department's website (www.dod.mil...) that deeply concerned me. In this article it explicitly states:

As a result of these investigations, studies, and experience, the conclusions of Project Blue Book were:

* No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

This is verifiably false.

In the year 1967, a year before Project Blue Books doors were shut and in the middle of the Condon study, in Montana at the Malmstrom AFB Oscar-Flight Missile Launch Control Center (LCC), a perimeter security guard phoned the Deputy Crew Commander (DMCCC), Captain Robert Salas, in the LCC capsule to report an inexplicable glowing red object floating over the facility. Not believing this Capt. Salas told the man to phone back when something more significant happened.

Five to ten minutes later the guard called again, more distressed, reporting that the object was approaching the gate. At this point Salas told him to secure the site and went to wake his commanding officer, Lt. Fred Meiwald, from his scheduled sleep period. While briefing Lt. Meiwald the alarm klaxon sounded and the lights at the commander's station showed the missiles going in to a "No-Go" (or unlaunchable) condition.

In total Oscar-flight lost 6-8 missiles that morning. Each silo was run on a completely separate and independent system to prevent cascading failures. Several miles away at Echo-flight, under similar circumstances, another LCC crew lost all 10 of their missiles. The loss of 1 missile due to system failure let alone 18 is so improbable as to be considered impossible.

This is all verifiable through FOIA and Boeing documentation detailing to what extent SAC investigated the failures. Robert Salas has also since written a book titled 'Faded Giant' to help broaden awareness of this event. In it he notes that one correspondence from SAC stated the incident, "was of very grave concern to this headquarters." Perhaps most alarming of all is that the Declassified Strategic Missile Wing documents along with interviews of ex-Boeing engineers revealed that the tests confirmed no cause for missile shutdowns was ever found.

All this said, how can the DOD make such a claim?

With such overwhelming defense implications there should be public congressional hearings explaining why Blue Book was shuttered in light of such an event. Also we deserve an explanation as to why the Condon study wasn't notified of this incident especially since the findings of the Condon Report were used as justification to close Project Blue Book. Finally we deserve more than just a rationale, but a full report from the DOD and USAF justifying how this does _NOT_ constitute a national security threat.

The nonsense surrounding this issue has gone on long enough. We deserve real answers about our security.

Concerned citizen,

[Your Name]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Good luck with it mate! I hope others join you in contacting their congressmen. The only way I can foresee any type of disclosure is for them to be bombarded seven days a week with requests so it becomes an issue that sticks in the forefront of their minds.

A bit of Chinese water torture wouldn't go astray either!

IRM

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Xtraeme

Good luck with it mate! I hope others join you in contacting their congressmen. The only way I can foresee any type of disclosure is for them to be bombarded seven days a week with requests so it becomes an issue that sticks in the forefront of their minds.

A bit of Chinese water torture wouldn't go astray either!

IRM

Since we're talking about UFOs wouldn't it be anal probing not water-torture?

On a more serious note I'm not sure the government has anything to disclose. That's what scares me. Digging really deeply into this subject I've come to realize most investigations hit a dead-end and when that happens people either throw up their hands in frustration or they try to convince themselves there was nothing to the subject in the first place.

That said I think it's very possible the USAF simply has its head in the sand.

All I want at this point is proof that people in the upper tiers the military and government recognize that this is a serious topic and that it deserves research dollars. Even if the government chooses to keep it secret. I just want recognition that they're working on the problem.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I've continued to contact various local statesmen and as I've mailed out additional copies of this letter I made several wording improvements. Here's the update. If anyone cares

Hello [Senator, Congressman, etc] [Name],

I recently ran across an article on the Defense Department's website (www.dod.mil...) that deeply concerns me. In this article it explicitly states:

As a result of these investigations, studies, and experience, the conclusions of Project Blue Book were:

* No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

This is verifiably false.

In the year 1967, a year before Project Blue Books doors were shut and in the middle of the Condon study, in Montana at the Malmstrom AFB Oscar-Flight Missile Launch Control Center (LCC), a perimeter security guard phoned the on-staff Deputy Crew Commander (DMCCC), Captain Robert Salas, in the LCC capsule to report an inexplicable glowing-red object floating over the facility.

Not believing this Capt. Salas told the man to phone back when something more significant happened.

Five to ten minutes later the guard called again, more distressed, to report that the object was approaching the gate. This time Salas instructed the guard to secure the site and went to wake his commanding officer, Lt. Fred Meiwald, from his scheduled sleep period. While briefing Lt. Meiwald the alarm klaxon sounded and lights at the commander's station flashed indicating missiles were falling in to a "no-go," or unlaunchable, condition.

In total Oscar-flight lost 6 to 8 missiles that morning. Each silo ran on a completely separate and independent system to prevent cascading failures. Several miles away at Echo-flight, under similar circumstances, another LCC crew lost all 10 of their missiles. The loss of 1 missile due to system failure let alone 18 is so statistically improbable as to be uncanny.

The factualness of this is verifiable through FOIA and Boeing documentation detailing to what extent SAC investigated the failures. Robert Salas has also since written a book titled 'Faded Giant' to broaden awareness on this matter. In it, he notes Declassified Strategic Missile Wing documents along with interviews of ex-Boeing engineers’ reveals tests could not identify a cause for missile shutdowns; likely explaining why in one correspondence, SAC stated the incident “was of very grave concern to this headquarters."

With all of this a matter of public record how is it that the DOD publicly states, "No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security?”

The defense implications are obvious and frightening. In view of this event there desperately needs to be public congressional hearings to determine why Blue Book was shutdown. We need to understand why the USAF neglected to inform the Condon study of this case, especially since the findings of the Condon Report were one of the few justifications for closing Project Blue Book. In absence of congressional action we deserve a full report from the DOD and USAF spelling out how this does _NOT_ constitute a national security threat!

The nonsense surrounding this issue has gone on long enough. We deserve real answers about our security!

Concerned citizen,

[Your Name]

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In the spirit of political activism I recently put together a "Defense Concerns - UFO Political Advocacy" kit. The kit contains individual letters specifically aimed at Senators, Congressmen, and the President along with FOIA documents to illustrate just how obvious it is that the DOD and USAF know more than they let on. I believe it makes the best case yet to end the embargo.

Feel free to copy or distribute any of the files however you want. I have no problems with people making additions, edits, or removals, though I would appreciate it if people would post their modifications here so I can improve the overall package.

The file can be downloaded from this link.

Thanks for reading.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Xtraeme]

top topics

join