It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A secret ishtar society???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Is there secret society for the babylonian goddess Ishtar.
Is there a secret society for Ishtars other goddess names; Venus, Aphrodite, Ashtarte, Isis, Lillith?

Do they have websites?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KromeDragon

Here's one...
...and another

Defunct
but on its way back?

[edit on 3/24/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Slap me silly and sign me up! Also, see your other thread about Ishtar and the link I provided regarding her relation to the Goddess Inanna.

Thanks for the links JoshNorton, I'll be checking those out. I was going to join the Eastern Star via my cousin mason at the end of this month just to poke around and see what's up - probably a whole lot of nothing and a lot of pitch-in dinners. My motives aren't pure in this (Eastern Star) but, would love to find a community to which I could actually belong. Oh wait, I have.... ATS

There isn't a lot of community for some of us. My family isolate a lot because there is NO way we'd join a church, some of the strickly pagan communities are a little too out there with so many different sects and various fields of thought. It's a little willy nilly. But, have you noticed the lack of community for alternative thinkers? The closest thing I've found in my area of Indy is a scientific community that perhaps I should look into.
Again, thanks for the links!

Edit: Awww, those links were all about the movie Ishtar. I couldn't find any societies per se but, I did find a cool *extensive* link to Ishtar/Inanna that the OP might find of interest here.

[edit on 3/24/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
Edit: Awww, those links were all about the movie Ishtar.
True. Sorry if that was misleading, but I must emphatically state that any secret society that promotes the movie Ishtar is likely working against the welfare of mankind and we should be aware of them. I mean, for Christ's sake, Howard the Duck was released on DVD this month. When will this barbaric treatment from mass media stop?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

There isn't a lot of community for some of us. My family isolate a lot because there is NO way we'd join a church, some of the strickly pagan communities are a little too out there with so many different sects and various fields of thought. It's a little willy nilly. But, have you noticed the lack of community for alternative thinkers? The closest thing I've found in my area of Indy is a scientific community that perhaps I should look into.

Have you ever visited a Unitarian Universalist Church.

I use to feel similar to the way you do until I discovered the UUs.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Thank you for in good info at your other post on ishtar. Good link. Thnx

I am also planning to join the masons. Hope they have a program or a group that focuses on contacting and working for ishtar.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KromeDragon

Admittedly, I'm not a mason and my research into them isn't that extensive, but I don't think they do workings with Ishtar. Masons, please correct me if I'm wrong though.

I did know of a group that worked with Ishtar, but I think they're defunct, and it was for women only anyway. If you're planning on joining the masons, I'm assuming you're male? On another note, it's funny you asked about websites. I once had a dream of nothing but a blank orange screen and the website header "Ishtar Rising", whatever that meant.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nameless Hussy

Admittedly, I'm not a mason and my research into them isn't that extensive, but I don't think they do workings with Ishtar. Masons, please correct me if I'm wrong though.

No, you're right. No Ishtars in Freemasonry.

There are several groups based on Ceremonial Magick that participate in Goddess invocations, though, as well as many Wiccan and neo-Pagan groups.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

Yes i am male. Is it not normal to be interested in ishtar for a man?

top topics

join