It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expedition sets off in Siberia to check Bigfoot sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I find this news yesterday

A scientific expedition is setting out to the mountains in Russia’s Siberia to explore the recent reports of bigfoot sightings.

The two-day expedition will take scientists to the cave located 120 km off Tashtagol town in Kemerovo Region, where local hunters spotted huge human-like creatures.

mosnews.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Good luck to them...

But in all likelihood, it'll be a typical "bigfoot expidition" with a bunch of klutzes wandering arounds the woods making enough noise to drive anything they might be looking for out of the area.

Searchers (here)

Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch (here, pointing and laughing).

But I wish 'em luck. Who knows...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Haha yeah, you're probably right.

Just for once it would be nice to see a decent expedition where we actually get some evidence that doesn't just get swept under the carpet or disappear.

I mean what happened to that hair in India that came from a supposed Bigfoot, the results came back as an "animal not on records" and we haven't heard anything since.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by uberwurst

Siberia is a vast wilderness, so going to one tiny area probably won't find them any Sasquatches. Maybe they will find some DNA or other physical evidence of the creatures. It will be interesting to see the results.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
how much science are they going to achieve in just 2 days ? - the cave alone from a archeology / geology /natural flora & fauna angle cannot be seriousy studdied in just 2 days , nevermind the surrounding areas

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That's the truth of the matter.

That's what I dislike intensely about these socalled "expeditions". They're not expeditions, they're publicity stunts...nothing will be found, conclusions drawn without any real evidence for or against. Ten second attention span science at its best.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sweet. They're probably going to return with no proof or sightings though

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticalskeptic
I mean what happened to that hair in India that came from a supposed Bigfoot, the results came back as an "animal not on records" and we haven't heard anything since.

ive never heard about that 1 before is there a thread on it or do you have and more information please

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I totally agree with what ignorant ape says. They cannot possibly do any kind of justice to the subject in two days.

This sounds more like a publicity stunt than anything scientific.

[edit on 3-29-2009 by William One Sac]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I hope they find something. They probably wont have a siting but will find more tracks or tuffs of fur.

I have a friend who while tree-planting in British Columbia, way northern part, saw a bigfoot. The group had been helicoptered in, they were to stay a couple days, and get helicoptered back out. No roads what so ever. Anyways it was the second day, and during lunch 7 of them were sitting on a small ledge over looking beautiful valley with mountains all around. Just beautiful. Anyways they were eating their lunches, when they heard something going through the brush below them. They watched, thinking it was a bear or moose, but there was a break in the brush, and it was a large upright creature walking. It stopped and looked up at them. Stared for couple seconds, then just walked off.

There were no people around them, no villages, no towns, no way to get into this landscape without days of hiking in. Besides this creature was huge. It was no man.

They are skeptical to call it a bigfoot, but there is no other creature that fits their description. since they were kinda high up , and no way to chase it to get closer, they just watched it.

The whole affair took minutes to transpire, While they were up high, they were not that far off 50 feet or so.

They swear to this day about this experience and always bring up the story at gatherings to tell people who havent heard from them yet.

Bigfeets are real, we just havent seen them yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
indeed. It's the same as these tv shows that claim to be making investigations. Even the BFRO people don't go out for very long. A real expedition should last a heck of a lot longer, i mean if it's taking you less than a week to go through everything you've recorded your expedition really wasn't worth much in my opinion. Animals need to be desensitized to the researchers' presence. They really should take a page out of, say, Jane goodall's book, on how to conduct an expedition to observe and get the targeted animal to even trust you in some fashion.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

Bigfeets are real, we just havent seen them yet.

I've seen one and yes, they are real. The one I saw was in Arkansas though.

I still have to agree that a two day expedition is more like a publicity stunt or maybe they just want to brag to their grandchildren some day that they hunted a Bigfoot. Make up stories to spook them around the campfire about the noises they heard and such.

Still, there is a secret part of myself who hopes they turn a corner and find the bugger reading the paper while doing his daily constitutional. At least one of them makes it back with footage of the others being tossed through the air like toys.

That's just me though,

wupy

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

You're absolutely serious about seeing a bigfoot?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I agree that this is for publicity more than anything else...
But in the region, I thought they were known as 'Alma'

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join