It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military style shock troops take over a building in Northern Virginia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

www.nationmaster.com...

Odd that this ultra-violent portrayal of the United States doesn't even earn it a place on the top 10 per capita murder rate and we come in at #5 with less than half of the total murders in India.

// end rant

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig

www.nationmaster.com...

Odd that this ultra-violent portrayal of the United States doesn't even earn it a place on the top 10 per capita murder rate and we come in at #5 with less than half of the total murders in India.

// end rant

Good point.
And how many of those murders are done by illegal aliens? Or by people with temporary permits, or by recent immigrants? Remove all the illegals and non residence killers from the equation and then look at the results.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Murder inside your boarder is murder, no matter who commits it. Look at the murder rate of where I live, its basically non-existant

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

Murder inside your boarder is murder, no matter who commits it. Look at the murder rate of where I live, its basically non-existant

Are you back already? You never read the entire thread I linked to for you. The first and the last posts are the best.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

According to percapita populace the averages are about the same. Your country is no safer than we are here. If it comes to it, your government trusts you less than ours does and if thats more freedom to you then you need to rethink what freedom is!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have more info about freedoms north of the boarder. A guy orders a toy Air Soft spring gun from southsummit.com in Texas. The gun is a lightweight plastic MP5 SD3 sub machine-gun with an orange painted tip on the barrel. The box says "not to be sold to children under 14". The guy who orders it is living in Canada. He is 46 years old and has a licence to own real firearms. The price of the toy gun exceeds 29.95 US, the the company throws in a free knife with a 4 inch blade.

The parcel gets inspected in Toronto and Canada Customs. The customs officer seizes the toy gun, referring to it as a replica, and therefore making it illegal. The knife is placed into the rather large original box and sent on to the guys home.

So he gets the knife, which could be used to kill someone, but the toy BB gun gets confiscated.

He decides he wants his toy BB gun so he appeals....all the way to the International Trade Tribunal which takes about 3 years and the Canadian gov. spends thousands upon thousands of dollars. They send the guy a stack of papers and documents related to his appeal that measures 3 inches high.

He files a final argument and says he is relying on it and he won't show up at the hearing because it would cost too much and it's not justified for just a toy BB gun.

The gov. brings in the big guns from the RCMP. A forensic Weapons expert.

He tells the tribunal about how it looks like a real gun(the law says it has to resemble with near precision and real firearm). A toy plastic gun suddenly becomes a replica!! and the RCMP's testimony wins...the toy BB gun gets forfeited to the Crown.

So the guy goes on the Internet and finds all the Air Soft gun manufacturers in Japan and sends them an email. In his email he tells them they will sell more of their products in Canada and the USA if they make them with clear plastic and stop calling them replica's on the Box....just call it a BB Gun. One year later Canadian Tire stores and Wal Mart Canada stores are selling clear plastic Air Soft BB guns all over Canada.

The stupid thing about this is that Crossman, Daisy, Gamo, and other manufacturers make replica pellet and BB Guns that can easily take an eye out, and they have sold them for years and years in Canada. Yet, this 46 year old man can't order a Air Soft BB Gun from Texas for 39.95 US, which can't take an eye out at the test range of 50 feet, and in an effort to deny this man's freedom to buy a damned toy gun, the Canadian gov. spends thousands of dollars to deny him that right to own a toy.

Anyone remember the Jonny 7 Guns from 1964? They sold them in Canada...back in the days before the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Those where some lucky kids back then.

I'm so glad I don't live in Canuckistan.

[edit on 31/3/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I know when the aussies gave up their guns, crime went up 600%. When britain gave up theirs, crime went up 300%. Towns that have gun ordinances, crime is extremely high compared to towns that don't. Tell me, if you're a criminal, what house are you going to break into, one that says "Protected by Brinks Security", or one that says, "Protected by Smith&Wesson"? When guns are outlawed, then only outlaws have guns! Here's a more feasible argument. Picture the usa without any nukes, and only the country of north korea has them. Whadda ya think is going to happen if the usa pisses off or tries to insert any kind of sanction against North Korea? POOOOOOOOOOOOF!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I cannot access bts at work, go figure, ats no problem but for some reason the firewall blocks it, but I will most certainly check in when i get home tnight. And I am not trying to say Canadians are superior or anything, I dont live in a densely populated part of the country, where i am, there is very little crime, only a half million ppl in my little part of the world

[edit on 31-3-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You are quite full of yourself aren't you "jack"? You can take your false patriotism and shove it. My rights are granted to me by the U.S. Constitution not by the barrel of a soldiers gun and definitely not by the police. The police being so corrupt as to pretty much render it a criminal organization itself. This country is in such a horrible state because of people just like you, Jack.
Your posting is laughable. Get lost.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

Jack, the constitution guarantees you nothing in the way of freedom, for I think it was either Thomas Jefferson or Ben Franklin who said that
eople who sacrifice their liberties for securities deserve neither!
Also, picture the usa without any kind of law enforcement? It's not all the actual police officers faults. The blame lays much higher up and you know it! Like GW Bush said, the constitution is just a "GD" piece of paper, and he's right, it is just a piece of paper unless the "people" make the gov"t obey it to the letter! Another thing, if we had no military, you'd not be here posting on this message board, just like I or anyother person here would be doing. So get off your high horse Jack and get back to reality and help us fight this nwo bunch. We need everyone we can get jack, even you! No time for arguing, that's exactly what the global elite wanna see us doing amongst each other. I am not trying to bash you jack, just trying to make you see that the constitution is just like anything written on a piece of paper, unless the people enforce it, the gov't just does what it wants to anyways! See the bigger picture and let the miniscule BS lay by the roadside! We've got bigger fish to fry.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Im from NOVA and military presence around the pentagon is just yesterdays news

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm confused. The Header of the thread states that shock troops take a building.

I see police outside a building guarding it, not assaulting it.

And those protesters? I saw a few old hippies who probably wanted one more anti-military protest before the drugs fry what's left of their brain, and a bunch of ragheads who are pissed because their cousins and brothers are getting killed while engaging in jihad against the American infidels.

If not for those damned American infidels, they could be slaughtering each other - you know - Sunni verses Shia - and Shia against Sunni.

Kids, mothers, you know, those who just get caught up in the madness.

So somebody show me where any building was being assaulted. I'll settle for a photo of a building being assaulted.

A crayon drawing?

Anyone?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Honestly, I always laugh when I see Americans spouting off about their freedom. *LAFF*!!! You have no more than anyone else and unfortunately these days, you have less. But you still think you have so it's pretty amusing.

Now, I'm American. My kids are American. My dear old family back in the USA are all American. But 23 years ago I came to live in Europe. Since then I've been sitting here watching the drama unfold.

Back when I was 18 or 19, I began to see signs that things were not as we were always told they were there. We were bombarded with too much propaganda for us to really be as free as we were being told. If you think you're still free now compared to 25 years ago, ask yourself why people started flying flags during Bush's tenure. Why did churches spring up 5:1 from the years prior to his reign? Why is it that everyone who opposes your will is a terrorist? How do you think America is perceived by the rest of the world? As terrorists? Pretty often, yes. Let's hope the new prez is going to change things.

My father was in the military. I grew up on Navy bases. My father spent a lot of time at the Pentagon. I never knew why then and I never wondered about it. But I know now. It explains a lot.

Don't think for a minute that you're free. You need to start taking your freedom back though. If you are indeed as free as you think you are, go do it. Then you'll see just how free you're not.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'll readily agree that america has lost some of its' freedoms, but I still believe that we are the freest nation on earth yet. Nobody has cut off my head like they do in indonesia and malaysia for me being a christain and not a muslim, I haven't been jailed yet for having my bible out at the wrong time of day like they do in Israel at the wailing wall, and I haven't been jailed yet for publicly expressing my love for the lord. So I guess all in all, I consider myself freer than most, besides, I don't see many breaking down the doors like they do to come to america. If america wasn't a good place to live, there would be a mass exodus wouldn't there?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper,
You crack me up!! Your right too. Those so called protesters are focusing on the wrong enemy. They need to stop looking for enemies out of their own group and look deep inside the memberships and the financing of their own!!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

That is a load of bull. You must be blind if you don't see what's happening in this country.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

So somebody show me where any building was being assaulted. I'll settle for a photo of a building being assaulted.

A crayon drawing?

Anyone?

I didn't say it was being assualted, I said it was being occupied. And it's obviously being occupied at Boeing's behest. See the cops in hanging over the railings?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join