It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military style shock troops take over a building in Northern Virginia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Scroll down a little bit and you will see, police in riot gear filming protesters, armed with high pressured mace, attack dogs, rubber bullet guns, riot shotguns and AR-15 assault rifles. The photos were from a protest this past weekend. Crystal City, Virginia is the capital of the Military Industrial Complex and the photos show Arlington County and Virginia State Police occupying the Boeing headquarters there.

Military Industrial Complex taken over by police force.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Jack Jouett]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
to serve an protect.

it's obvious who they mean.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

Your link is already broken or down????

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Working Okay for me.

cryptome link

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I live in the area, and all that I can say is Damn right that they protect the Pentagon, and the Defense Contractor Boeing. Look at the stupid, utterly ridiculous labels placed upon these photographs: "Shock Troops", "Attack Dogs", could this become anymore ludicrous in nature? These are RIOT Police, Security Guards, and K9 Units, what is so "weird" about that? The Pentagon even has SAM Humvee Battery Units, but did you witness them turning those on Protestors?

These protestors were even going to attempt a march on Lockheed Martin as well, but I have no idea if they actually made it.

My Old Man used to work Defense Contracting while in and after MIL Retirement, and if I knew that hoards of screaming idiots were going to descend upon his place of employment, I would most certainly be glad for the Police/Protective Presence. The individuals that work at the Pentagon, Boeing, Lockheed, and the likes work in very Sensitive and Crucial fields, and they deserve our Admiration as well as Respect.

If you disagree with policies, go yell at the Politicians, do not Browbeat the Low payed, Hard working Men and Women serving our Nation.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

They are all dealers in death as far as I am concerned. Seriously, I don't know how defense contractors and the people who work for them live with themselves. Blood is on their hands. But I guess everybody has to turn a buck, right? At least that is the lame excuse they tell themselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Not all defense contractors are bad, they make good money, despite their cause being dark.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My son is a virginia state trooper and he was up there during that whole thing, and Nobody stormed anything anywhere. They were just up there monitoring the protesters, nothing more, nothing less. Nobody was violent, and nobody got hurt. One more thing, jack, if you are tired of living here in the usa, where your rights are protected, I am sure you can find a flight outta some airport to another country can't ya? Yes, we have lost some civil liberties, but we're still the freest nation on the planet! You're here in this forum right now jack because somebody out there is protecting you, and you don't even know his/her name. You're spewing hatred because our country is building things to keep us protected. So tell me jack, how much blood is on your hands? I say this because many of a troop has fallen to give you the right to express your feelings like you are doing now! I myself am one of them, for I am prior service, 29th MI Batallion! I respect free speech, and know that our nation is in a bad shape as of the moment, but that isn't the faults of our brave men and women in law enforcement and the military!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

The new face of America, get used to it, because in America the America for the people and by the people is now the America for those that can afford to pay politicians, police departments and private military forces to fight the citizens.

Is just another day in the nation of deceptions.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

Do you really believe you are the freest nation on earth.........really??? I will respectivly disagree my friend, but you can continue to wave your flag, sing your anthem, watch your football and remember them towers.....them towers.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Kudos for the misleading thread title, in fact the police presence there was protecting that building from the protesters should they decide to turn violent. Honestly its probably a good thing the police were there to ensure the protesters didn't get any bright ideas that could have led to outright rioting. Noble as any protest might be once the mob mentality takes over its always down-hill from there and even these so-called lovers of peace would turn on their fellow man in a rage and tear them apart because they had surrendered control to the pack mentality.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by Helig]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by thewind

Do you really believe you are the freest nation on earth.........really??? I will respectivly disagree my friend, but you can continue to wave your flag, sing your anthem, watch your football and remember them towers.....them towers.

Do you think you are any more free living in Canada vs. the USA? I hope you answer yes so I can refute your position with absolute proof that your Constitution and your Charter are no better than toilet paper for protecting citizens there.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The job of the police is to protect citizens, but in America the "term citizens" is now for those that pay the most money, the ones that can buy politicians and donate most money to campaign funds on public servers.

In America now the "citizens" are those with the money while the rest of the nation are the "insurgents"

Nothing but deception, don't worry one day you will wake up to see exactly what America is becoming.

If the financial crisis and the rape going on against the American citizens by our own government has not opened your eyes to see who in America has priority over whom then you will, eventually.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

I am on this forum speaking my mind and haven't been thrown in jail yet. I have lived abroad when I was a soldier and seen how citizens were treated by their police and gov't. I still have my guns. I have talked to many foreign folks when I was a troop in the army and the stories they could tell about how their country treats their people in different parts of the world? So, yeah, while I know our civil liberties are eroding, we still are by far the freest nation on earth! I met a british man where I use to work, and he and some others had come here to update some computer industrial machinery our company had purchased. Well, they loaded up on blue jeans and other various sorts of clothing because they said they weren't allowed to buy many pairs where they lived due to the prices and taxes on american jeans. Also, the last time I checked, I never seen anybody breaking down the doors of russia, china, indonesia, malaysia, or anyother nation as the aforementioned so they could live. Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I would love to hear your agrument!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

Why do you asscociate having guns with freedom?? I'm sure your huge murder rate(most with guns) makes ppl feel real safe at night, thats why all your windows have bars, I sleep with my door unlocked at night. Woudl you feel safe doing that.......oh wait, I guess you would, you have your guns

Didnt' Janice Joplin say freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The job of the police is to protect citizens, but in America the "term citizens" is now for those that pay the most money, the ones that can buy politicians and donate most money to campaign funds on public servers.

The job of the Police is to protect and serve the 'LAW' and always has been! There has never been a mandate for local, state, or federal police to protect the citizens other than to protect from foreign invaders.

www.firearmsandliberty.com...

Zindo

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by thewind

Why do you asscociate having guns with freedom?? I'm sure your huge murder rate(most with guns) makes ppl feel real safe at night, thats why all your windows have bars, I sleep with my door unlocked at night. Woudl you feel safe doing that.......oh wait, I guess you would, you have your guns

Didnt' Janice Joplin say freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by stereovoyaged]

Most of those murder rates are attributed to illegal firearms (gunowners.org...) (www.tincher.to...)...so even if all firearms are made illegal and "taken away" you will still have thugs with guns.
And I have never lived anywhere with bars on my windows. Stop watching TV and Movies and maybe come visit America and DENY IGNORANCE by seeing truth.

And in my 30+years, I fear those thugs with illegal guns then I do cops. Thanks, I will keep my guns and protect myself.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It is overkill and it started widely in the 1990's. I used to attend a few protests in DC and the cops were pretty much always in police uniforms. They had police lines and the only time the helmets would come out widely was for a potentially violent situation like when the KKK marched in DC. I even remember being shocked at seeing the secret service with machine guns out in the open on the White House grounds during the first Gulf War.
The cops have been taken over by the MIC mentality. I don't know if its a "whoever dies with the most toys wins" kind of thing or what but this is all unnecessary spending for a WAY overblown threat. I also remember in Seattle at the WTO protest how the cops were confrontational from the VERY beginning. They broke tear gas out before 9 am if my memory serves correct.
Am I right in understanding that there is a military contractor protecting the Pentagon? I think that's a problem. Why don't they use an active police force? Are they saving money? I doubt it.

this was a trip:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/995a3d435a92.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by John Matrix

I would love to hear your argument!

Canada is already a veiled police state.
When a federally appointed Superior Court Judge deliberately over rules the Criminal Code of Canada, the Canadian Constitution, and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, in the process of denying defence applications in order to convict an obviously innocent person, and that same judge violates the Criminal Code, Constitution and the Charter by imposing a draconian double jeopardy punishment, what do you call it?

What can a citizen do when a judge tramples under foot the Criminal Code and his Charter rights? Appeal to the Higher court? Who can afford to appeal? Do you think it's magically paid for?

So the average citizen cannot afford to spend 200K on two trials and two appeals. That means, judges can wipe your butts with your Charter and convict most of you, and there is dick all that most of you can do about it.

Be afraid sir! Be very afraid! And by the way, the FBI, KBI, and ICE investigated the guy I refer to and the case against him because his websites were in the USA and he lived in a border community in NW Ontario. The OPP contacted the US authorities about the case, which is how they got involved. All of the US authorities said the guy was not violating any known US laws with his websites and film works.

Here is the link to proof for you. Enjoy!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join